Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by underlord
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Dirty, dirty pinball thieves. I wonder what machine it was.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/11/20/news/midcoast/two-accused-of-taking-pinball-machine-insulated-pipes-from-northport-home/

Two accused of taking pinball machine, insulated pipes from Northport home
    By Abigail Curtis, BDN Staff
    Posted Nov. 20, 2012, at 4:30 p.m.

NORTHPORT, Maine — Police have nabbed two men suspected of breaking into a Northport home and stealing a large pinball machine and sections of insulated pipes.

The homeowner reported the theft on Nov. 15 to the Maine State Police, according to a news release issued Tuesday by the Waldo County Sheriff’s Office.

During the investigation, Detective Merl Reed of the sheriff’s office got a tip that Austin Stevens, 18, of Swanville and Dennis Merry, Jr., 24, of Searsport, were responsible for the theft, the news release said.

Reed was able to recover the stolen pinball machine from some Belfast residents who had purchased it, according to the sheriff’s office.

After being interviewed, Stevens and Merry were arrested Sat., Nov. 17, and charged with class B burglary.

#2 11 years ago

HANG EM!

#3 11 years ago

imagine that-you get a good deal on a pinball machine and later the cops come and take it away from you

#4 11 years ago

Those homeowners must be pissed! Insulated pipes are not cheap!

#5 11 years ago

Were they copper pipes? Why would you steal pipes?

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Were they copper pipes? Why would you steal pipes?

If they were copper, check the going scrap rate for copper.

These days anything worth something, is a target.

LTG : )

#7 11 years ago

The bad part is that this may become more common as pins increase in value and the thieves learn what pins are worth.

#8 11 years ago

That happens around here a lot, idiots break into a home and steal copper.Maybe I need to become a gun owner to protect my pin collection!

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from Joshmx19:

Maybe I need to become a gun owner to protect my pin collection!

You have 9pins and no guns??? I have a gun for every pin! State law....

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Joshmx19:

Maybe I need to become a gun owner to protect my pin collection!

My ratio is 25 to 1. That's guns to pins.

#11 11 years ago

Nice that people let people know where pins and guns can be found.

LTG : )

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Nice that people let people know where pins and guns can be found.

To all pinball burglars, I also have claymores planted in my yard, feel free to come on over and peak around the house!

#13 11 years ago

Yeah I have seen tons of houses ruined because some idiots cut the copper out to make $50-- I'd rather just tape a 50 to ac with a note to take it and please leave the pipes alone

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

The bad part is that this may become more common as pins increase in value and the thieves learn what pins are worth.

ha! Good luck to any of them trying to figure out how to pull one out of my basement.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from CoffinStuffer:

Yeah I have seen tons of houses ruined because some idiots cut the copper out to make $50-- I'd rather just tape a 50 to ac with a note to take it and please leave the pipes alone

They would take the 50 and the copper.

#16 11 years ago

Im having a moat installed 2moro as well, that will throw a monkey wrench into their thievery, piped my septic right into!

#17 11 years ago

im wiring all my machines live to the mains, lets see them take them then

#18 11 years ago

You have to be home to stop them though. Our house was broken into 8 years ago. We were coming home from a family bday party at 9pm at, at the time didn't know it, startled the burglers and they closed the garage as I opened it then bolted out the back (had a lookout). Pulled into the garage carrying my daughters in who fell asleep in the car ride home without knowing we were broken into. Realized next morning, we were broken into and stole only handful of items because we startled them mid attempt.

Let me tell you realizing someone was in your bedroom combing for valuables makes you feel very vulnerable. Also, makes you take inventory on what's really important.

Two points: 1. Life is more valuable than items - take it you bastages. 2. I've learned from that lesson and with new home lighting, security/surveillance system, family dog, and hidden surprises (thank you history channel on booby traps) - I'm doing everything to prevent it from happening again. And if it does, helps to have made friends in CSI like positions to track them down.

#19 11 years ago

I agree with those of you who have devised ways to protect your property in your own *special* way. However, when I once discussed one of my own *methods* I was informed by a prosecuting attorney that I could get 10-30 years in the joint should my method "work". Just thought you would like to know.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I was informed by a prosecuting attorney that I could get 10-30 years in the joint should my method "work".

Ive heard all that jazz before, It makes you F'n sick doesn't it? Wisconsin now has the castle doctrine so there's one bonus!

Quoted from badbilly27:

Let me tell you realizing someone was in your bedroom combing for valuables makes you feel very vulnerable. Also, makes you take inventory on what's really important.

Good to hear your family was safe through that ordeal, that goes without saying, its the most important thing in life.

#21 11 years ago

one should own more pinball machines than 2 turds could haul away with feet or a pick up truck...

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

I agree with those of you who have devised ways to protect your property in your own *special* way. However, when I once discussed one of my own *methods* I was informed by a prosecuting attorney that I could get 10-30 years in the joint should my method "work". Just thought you would like to know.

Depends where you live. In places like Texas we have "castle law"

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from DarthXaos:

Depends where you live. In places like Texas we have "castle law"

Also known as Dont Mess With Texas.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

imagine that-you get a good deal on a pinball machine and later the cops come and take it away from you

This happened to me last year. The son sold it to me without the fathers permission. It was checked into evidence but it all worked out in the end...

#25 11 years ago

somebody tried robbing me once it didnt go well for em and i got arrested when i delivered them to the PD beaten tied up gaged and unconcience.
    but at least i got the charges dropped in the end

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Hellfire:

somebody tried robbing me once it didnt go well for em and i got arrested when i delivered them to the PD beaten tied up gaged and unconcience.
    but at least i got the charges dropped in the end

Same here. Although I know the local police well. They laughed it off and slapped me with a warning for making the guy crap himself. I look forward to another break in at my place. Any volunteers out there?

Nothing better than catching someone in your home trying to take from you and your kids. Good time was had by 'almost' all.

#27 11 years ago

LOL i was doing remodeling at the time, you would never believe how dangerous and how much damage a senco framing nailer can do to a person and no it wasnt hooked up to the air lol.

#28 11 years ago

Nice....

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-burglars-nabbed-in-maine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.