(Topic ID: 80382)

Pinball at the Zoo T-shirt Art and Pre-Order

By RyanClaytor

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

roger2.jpg
    roger1.jpg
    roger0.jpg
    roger.jpg
    thatGuy_Cyclopes.jpg
    ryanCyclops.jpg
    DSC08503.jpg
    DSC08495.jpg
    DSC08494.jpg
    DSC08492.jpg
    2014PatZFramedOriginalArt.jpg
    DSC08503.jpg
    DSC08495.jpg
    DSC08494.jpg
    2014PatZFramedOriginalArt.jpg
    DSC08492.jpg
    There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Man, just when I think all the pre-orders have rolled in. Ha-ha! Thanks so much, djblouw!

Thanks for the reassurance. I'm still not real excited about the upcharges, but your comments honestly made me feel a little better about it. Have a good one, joelreeves.
    P.S. Joel, I couldn't help but notice your Avatar. Do you have any involvement with the Southern Fried Gameroom Expo? Really wish I could attend that show. I'm a faithful listener of the GRJ podcast, so it's fun to hear about it coming together each month.

Yes, I'm on the team with Patrick & Preston, my wife Dana and our friend Shannon. Love the podcast, too.
    Can't wait for June to get here already. A pinball podcast roundtable looks to be in the works.
    We've got a couple of cool announcements coming up, also. Going to be a great year for Pin shows, i think!

#52 10 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

A pinball podcast roundtable looks to be in the works.

Ah-HA! Is that why Nate Shivers is heading out there? Way cool! The more I hear about your show, the more I want to be there!!!

#53 10 years ago

looks great Ryan!! shirt ordered

#54 10 years ago

They look fantastic, Just ordered a couple but I couldn't work out how to ad the extra dollars for OS on Pay Pal. No drama though, luckily I have a number of items coming from a freight forwarded in the US so just sending it to them to send with my other stuff.
    Cheers
    Adam

#55 10 years ago

multiple shirts ordered last night. thanks again ryan for a fantastic looking design

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinwillie:

looks great Ryan!! shirt ordered

Cliffy! I have a number of your well crafted products. So glad we can finally make a reciprocal experience.

Quoted from BoP:

They look fantastic

Thanks, Adam. I really appreciate the kind sentiments.

Quoted from BoP:

Just ordered a couple but I couldn't work out how to ad the extra dollars for OS on Pay Pal.

Not a big deal. Honestly I'm not sure how to set up that option within a single button, so I'm just personally contacting them after their purchase to request the shipping difference in a secondary Paypal transaction. Seems to have been working-out so far, but I'll see what I can do to fix that in the future. ...as I mentioned:

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

...you guys have kept me so busy today I haven't had a chance to make one. That doesn't mean that folks out of the states can't order one, I'll just need a little extra shipping payment to get it to you. Really appreciate your support and suggestions though. Once we have the shirts in-hand and I post a permanent purchase button on my website, I'll reconsider making a one-click overseas button.

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

multiple shirts ordered last night. thanks again ryan for a fantastic looking design

Many thanks for trusting us with a pre-order, J_M_! Support like this makes it a lot easier to get projects like this off the ground.

#58 10 years ago

In another attempt at full disclosure, I wanted to make everyone aware of a couple of additional edits to my initial post on this thread:

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

EDIT 3 (02/12/14 morning): The 24-hour discount pre-order has finished and the paypal button is disabled. Many thanks to all the pinsiders who have trusted us with your pre-order money and made this project a lot easier to get started. I can't wait to send you these shirts and see all that Kelly Green walking around the exhibit hall floor.

EDIT 4 (02/12/14 morning): The suggestion and interest in creating an event flyer/poster with my illustration has been mentioned on this thread several times. Kevin (PatZ Director) and I are discussing how that might come to light. Check back on this thread for updates in the next 1-3 days. Thanks again for your overwhelming support of my work and Pinball at the Zoo.

Can't thank you guys enough. Your response yesterday was humbling to say the least. I look forward to meeting some of you in Kalamazoo!

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#59 10 years ago

That art work is so awesome. Well done!

This reminds me, I can't believe there was never a robot themed pinball machine. Would have totally fit with MM and AFM.

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

I was more thinking of like "robot uprising"

that would be awesome.

Great job, Ryan. I've always dug your style- really clean lines.

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spraynard:

That art work is so awesome. Well done!

Quoted from TheShameGovernor:

Great job, Ryan. I've always dug your style- really clean lines.

Thanks again, guys.

After the flurry of messages and orders yesterday, I think I'm finally caught up with payment confirmations and emails. So, if you haven't heard from me, please write again.

All the best,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#64 10 years ago

Looking forward very much to attending on Saturday and picking up a t-shirt to commemorate the trip. Great design!

#65 10 years ago

Another update: You wanted posters, we listened. We've even got a couple of different options. Also listed in an edit to the initial post in this thread:

Edit 5 (02.14.14 morning): After reading through all your flattering comments here, it seems like there is enough demand for prints of my 2014 PatZ illustration. Kevin (PatZ CPO - Chief Pinball Officer) and I have been discussing your poster requests over the past couple of days and we've come up with a couple of different options. Head over here to get the full scoop: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2014-pinball-at-the-zoo-poster Thanks for your continued interest and support, guys!

#66 10 years ago

Another exciting update on the initial post. It goes like this:

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Edit 6 (02.14.14 afternoon): Just to assure the pre-order folks we aren't sitting on your money, I just received some cell-phone pics from my former university student who is taking great care in printing your shirts. Pretty exciting! Can't wait to get them, put one on, and start shipping. Thanks again for making this happen, guys and gals!

photo.jpgphoto.jpg

photo-3.jpgphoto-3.jpg

photo-5.jpgphoto-5.jpg

photo-12.jpgphoto-12.jpg

photo-10.jpgphoto-10.jpg

photo-9.jpgphoto-9.jpg

photo-7.jpgphoto-7.jpg

#68 10 years ago

Another edit for some clarification.

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Edit 7 (02.15.14 morning): I've been getting some concerned PM's wondering if the chance to get one of these shirts is gone. Definitely not! The pre-order is over, but we will definitely have more for ppl to purchase. Once I receive the shipment, fulfill all the pre-orders, and take some decent product photos, I'll get online ordering up and running. I'd estimate two or three weeks for all that to happen. Keep an eye on this shirt thread and I'll be sure to announce when regular orders will be accepted right here.

#69 10 years ago

We will be selling 2014 Pinball at the 'Zoo T-shirts at the Ohio Pinball Show in a couple of weeks, We will be selling them out of the "Mr Soda Pop" Booth. Please contact me if you would like for me save a certain size for you.

If you need to contact me before the show email me at [email protected]

#70 10 years ago

An addition to the original post:

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Edit 8 (02.23.14 evening): I've been packaging the 50+ orders over the past week and plan on shipping them out Tuesday when they are all ready to go. The shirts look great, the printer really did a fantastic job with them, and I can't wait for you to receive them.

#71 10 years ago

Thanks Ryan, The shirts look awesome. Can not wait to get mine. Would like to be at "the zoo", but to far for me to go right now. Work is messing with my hobby.

#72 10 years ago

Wish you could be there too, Soapman, but completely understand. Really appreciate your shirt order, though. Just packed it up a couple days ago and will be mailing it out with the rest TODAY!!! Lookin' forward to seeing so many pinsiders in these new threads.

Take care, Soap!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

#73 10 years ago

New update to the original post...the update you've been waiting for!

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Edit 9 (02.25.14 afternoon): Just got back from the post office with my 8-month-old son where we walked in with about 50 packages of T-shirts and walked out with a receipt almost 6-feet long!

shippingreceipt.jpgshippingreceipt.jpg

Domestic orders will likely have their shirts by the end of the week. International orders, a little longer. I can't wait for you guys to get these things. Remember, PICTURES OR THEY DIDN'T ARRIVE!!! Ha-ha!

#74 10 years ago

Got mine today and it looks awesome. Great job Ryan and thanks again!

Now if the temperature in Michigan could get out of the single digits, I might be able to wear it....

image.jpgimage.jpg

#75 10 years ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

Now if the temperature in Michigan could get out of the single digits, I might be able to wear it....

image.jpg 189 KB

That is why they make zip up jackets.

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

Glad you're diggin' it! Nice display table there, too! (It's one of my wife's faves.)

Thanks for the kind words,
    Ryan

#77 10 years ago

hey ryan,
    mine arrived last night as well. thanks much, they look awesome!!! and djblouw's right, it's been damn cold here with another few days with negative degree temps expected

#78 10 years ago

Mine arrived yesterday. It has some of the best screen printed dithering I've ever seen. Very happy with it, thanks!

#79 10 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

mine arrived last night as well. thanks much, they look awesome!!!

Thanks, j_m_! Really appreciate it.

Quoted from appeac:

It has some of the best screen printed dithering I've ever seen. Very happy with it, thanks!

That means a lot to me. I worked really closely with them, but VGKids deserves all the credit for the high-quality printing. I'm really happy with how they came out too.

...now where's some more pictures!? Ha-ha!

Take care, guys.
    Ryan

#80 10 years ago

Unpacked mine today. Fantastic! Can't wait for both of my posters!

#81 10 years ago

Got mine yesterday, looks great! Although I received a XXL, it *feels* like a XL. I'll take that as a sign I need to lose a few pounds or 20!

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

Got mine yesterday, looks great! Although I received a XXL, it *feels* like a XL. I'll take that as a sign I need to lose a few pounds or 20!

I agree with you Ron, seems a little tight. Guess I am hitting the treadmill tonight! Thanks for the motivation Ryan! It looks awesome by the way, great job!

Keith

#83 10 years ago

Mine arrived today as well.....looks great!

#84 10 years ago

Just got mine. It looks great!!! Thanks a ton

--Jeff

#85 10 years ago

What a cool shirt. You are a great artist!

#86 10 years ago

Mine made it to California cool shirt!!
    Thanks Ryan

#87 10 years ago

Nice shirt! Great job Ryan.

#88 10 years ago

Pardon the comlag, guys. Let me get back to a few of these:

Quoted from tamoore:

Unpacked mine today. Fantastic! Can't wait for both of my posters!

Quoted from Astropin:

Mine arrived today as well.....looks great!

Quoted from way2wyrd:

Just got mine. It looks great!!! Thanks a ton
    --Jeff

Quoted from guyincognito:

What a cool shirt. You are a great artist!

Quoted from pinwillie:

Mine made it to California cool shirt!!
    Thanks Ryan

Quoted from Soapman:

Nice shirt! Great job Ryan.

Thank you so much for hopping back on here just to leave some flattering feedback. So glad you guys are happy with the shirts.

Quoted from RonB:

Quoted from kpull:

I agree with you Ron, seems a little tight. Guess I am hitting the treadmill tonight! Thanks for the motivation Ryan! It looks awesome by the way, great job!
    Keith

Hi RonB and kpull,

For both of you, and anyone who feels similarly, please PM and we can work out details about your shirt. Kevin (Pinball at the Zoo Grand Poobah) and I really want to make this right.

All the best, guys!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#89 10 years ago

Pinball at the 'Zoo 2014 Show posters,

We have (2) options for the Show Posters, (These Posters have the show dates and information on them) We will have both sizes at the show.

They come in 11" x 17" and 18" x 24" sizes. Cost is $8 for the large 18" x 24" poster
    and $4 for the smaller 11" x 17"

They can be picked up at the show or arrangements made for shipping.

[email protected] showposters.jpgshowposters.jpg

#90 10 years ago

Love the shirt, thanks Ryan..

1 week later
    #91 10 years ago

Heads-up! Another update to the original post. Shirts are (finally) available for online ordering!

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Edit 10 (03.19.14 evening): If you were one of the folks who was interested in these shirts but missed the pre-order, fret not! Online ordering is now available on my website:

http://www.elephanteater.com/comics#shirts

Thanks again for all your support, guys and gals!

#92 10 years ago
    Quoted from moto_cat:

Love the shirt, thanks Ryan..

Many thanks, moto_cat!

#93 10 years ago

Dumb question: will shirts be available at the show regardless of how many sell online? I don't want to miss out, but I also don't want to pay shipping for no reason.

#94 10 years ago

Yes. Shirts will be available at the show.

#95 10 years ago

are posters shipping sometime soon?

#96 10 years ago

Yes, updated on the poster page. Printer is printing them as we speak.

2 weeks later
    #97 10 years ago

An April Update:

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Edit 11 (04.08.14 morning): Since this design has been getting some notice, Pinball at the Zoo (PatZ) Director, Kevin Ketchum, and I thought it’d be fun to do a signing at the show. So you can find me behind the PatZ admissions table at the end of the month. Here are the specifics:

Ryan Claytor (2014 Pinball at the Zoo Artist) Signing
    Friday of Pinball at the Zoo
    2-3pm on April 25th, 2014
    Kalamazoo County Expo Center
    2900 Lake Street
    Kalamazoo, MI 49048

I’ll be happy to sign any of the PatZ schwag with my design on it, or any of my non-pinball artwork and books as well. I'd love to meet some of you guys in person, so if you're around on Friday please stop by and say hello!

2 weeks later
    #98 10 years ago

IN! Ordered 2.

#99 10 years ago

forgot to post when I got it, but I got mine and love it, already had a few sessions out and about - great work

when is the next design coming out

#100 10 years ago

ryan,
    will posters be available for purchase at the show as well?

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-at-the-zoo-t-shirt-art-and-pre-order/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.