5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RyanClaytor
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 43 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

roger2.jpg
    roger1.jpg
    roger0.jpg
    roger.jpg
    thatGuy_Cyclopes.jpg
    ryanCyclops.jpg
    DSC08503.jpg
    DSC08495.jpg
    DSC08494.jpg
    DSC08492.jpg
    2014PatZFramedOriginalArt.jpg
    DSC08503.jpg
    DSC08495.jpg
    DSC08494.jpg
    DSC08492.jpg

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 5 years ago

Hi Pinsiders,

I'm really excited to announce the 2014 Pinball at the Zoo (http://pinballatthezoo.com/) T-shirt art, illustrated BY ME! (Click image to enlarge)

claytor2014PatZshirt.jpg

I’ve been working with Kevin Ketchum, Pinball at the Zoo’s Director, on this design for a few weeks now and we’re just about ready to print these puppies. Here's a digital mock-up:

claytor2014PatZshirtMensMock.jpg

Kevin pretty much let me do whatever the heck I wanted. I even managed to convince him to try printing a few ladies T’s. (Aanother digital mock-up):

claytor2014PatZshirtWomensMock.jpg

Once printed, shirts will be $15 (+$5 shipping). However, for the next 24 hours, you can pre-order yours for a 10% discount ($13.50 + $4.50 Shipping) and ensure that you get your desired size. Pre-orders are available for the next 24 hours on my website here:

EDIT (02/11/14 morning): Overseas orders, please add an additional $10 for shipping. Thanks for asking, guys! (Wasn't expecting this much overseas interest. SO COOL!

EDIT 2 (02/11/14 noon-ish): Just realizing the need for larger sizes (and increased cost). Guys and gals, please add $2 for XXL. Men’s sizes get a little bigger: $4 for XXXL, and $6 for XXXXL. (Sorry big guys! I feel bad doing this, but the base cost of the shirt actually goes up by a little more than that, so I’m doin’ what I can.)

EDIT 3 (02/12/14 morning): The 24-hour discount pre-order has finished and the paypal button is disabled. Many thanks to all the pinsiders who have trusted us with your pre-order money and made this project a lot easier to get started. I can't wait to send you these shirts and see all that Kelly Green walking around the exhibit hall floor.

EDIT 4 (02/12/14 morning): The suggestion and interest in creating an event flyer/poster with my illustration has been mentioned on this thread several times. Kevin (PatZ Director) and I are discussing how that might come to light. Check back on this thread for updates in the next 1-3 days. Thanks again for your overwhelming support of my work and Pinball at the Zoo.

http://www.elephanteater.com/9807

Disclaimer: Images shown are approximations and colors may vary slightly.

Pre-thanks for placing your pre-order! Take care, Pinsiders, and I hope to see you in Kalamazoo!

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

Edit 5 (02.14.14 morning): After reading through all your flattering comments here, it seems like there is enough demand for prints of my 2014 PatZ illustration. Kevin (PatZ CPO - Chief Pinball Officer) and I have been discussing your poster requests over the past couple of days and we've come up with a couple of different options. Head over here to get the full scoop: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2014-pinball-at-the-zoo-poster Thanks for your continued interest and support, guys!

Edit 6 (02.14.14 afternoon): Just to assure the pre-order folks we aren't sitting on your money, I just received some cell-phone pics from my former university student who is taking great care in printing your shirts. Pretty exciting! Can't wait to get them, put one on, and start shipping. Thanks again for making this happen, guys and gals!

photo.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-5.jpg

photo-12.jpg

photo-10.jpg

photo-9.jpg

photo-7.jpg

Edit 7 (02.15.14 morning): I've been getting some concerned PM's wondering if the chance to get one of these shirts is gone. Definitely not! The pre-order is over, but we will definitely have more for ppl to purchase. Once I receive the shipment, fulfill all the pre-orders, and take some decent product photos, I'll get online ordering up and running. I'd estimate two or three weeks for all that to happen. Keep an eye on this shirt thread and I'll be sure to announce when regular orders will be accepted right here.

Edit 8 (02.23.14 evening): I've been packaging the 50+ orders over the past week and plan on shipping them out Tuesday when they are all ready to go. The shirts look great, the printer really did a fantastic job with them, and I can't wait for you to receive them.

Edit 9 (02.25.14 afternoon): Just got back from the post office with my 8-month-old son where we walked in with about 50 packages of T-shirts and walked out with a receipt almost 6-feet long!

shippingreceipt.jpg

Domestic orders will likely have their shirts by the end of the week. International orders, a little longer. I can't wait for you guys to get these things. Remember, PICTURES OR THEY DIDN'T ARRIVE!!! Ha-ha!

Edit 10 (03.19.14 evening): If you were one of the folks who was interested in these shirts but missed the pre-order, fret not! Online ordering is now available on my website:

http://www.elephanteater.com/comics#shirts

Thanks again for all your support, guys and gals!

Edit 11 (04.08.14 morning): Since this design has been getting some notice, Pinball at the Zoo (PatZ) Director, Kevin Ketchum, and I thought it’d be fun to do a signing at the show. So you can find me behind the PatZ admissions table at the end of the month. Here are the specifics:

Ryan Claytor (2014 Pinball at the Zoo Artist) Signing
    Friday of Pinball at the Zoo
    2-3pm on April 25th, 2014
    Kalamazoo County Expo Center
    2900 Lake Street
    Kalamazoo, MI 49048

I’ll be happy to sign any of the PatZ schwag with my design on it, or any of my non-pinball artwork and books as well. I'd love to meet some of you guys in person, so if you're around on Friday please stop by and say hello!

Edit 12 (04.24.14 afternoon): I'm putting the original event artwork for PatZ 2014 up for auction this Saturday. Just finished double-matting and framing it and, I gotta say, it looks pretty amazing. Here's a thread with a little more info, followed by some pictures:
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2014-pinball-at-the-zoo-original-event-artwork-up-for-auction-this-saturday

DSC08492.jpg

DSC08494.jpg

DSC08495.jpg

DSC08503.jpg

#2 5 years ago

cool shirt, what about postage overseas…… always love a cool pinball shirt

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

+1
    They look great. Can you post OS?

#4 5 years ago

Great job! Congratulations Ryan!

#6 5 years ago

Excellent work, Ryan!

#7 5 years ago

Fantastic work Ryan! Payment made

#8 5 years ago

Love it!!!

Will be pre-ordering a couple shirts today...

Pete

#9 5 years ago

Me too. In for 1!

#10 5 years ago

Nice job, looks great!

#11 5 years ago

Nice!
    Pinball shirt etiquette question:
    Is it bad form to wear a pinball event shirt to that event? Or are you just a dork if you do?

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from BoP:

+1
    They look great. Can you post OS?

Quoted from swinks:

Thank you for your interest, guys. I made an edit in the original post, thanks to you. "Overseas orders, please add an additional $10 for shipping. Thanks for asking, guys! (Wasn't expecting this much overseas interest. SO COOL!"

Quoted from unigroove:

Great job! Congratulations Ryan!

Quoted from Rock914:

Awesome, great job Ryan!

Quoted from tamoore:

Excellent work, Ryan!

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Fantastic work Ryan! Payment made

Quoted from pmWolf:

Love it!!!
    Pete

Quoted from marcand:

Me too. In for 1!

Quoted from neutrino:

Nice job, looks great!

Many thanks for all the support, guys! I've been workin' for a while on this so I'm pretty darned excited too.

Quoted from RCA1:

Pinball shirt etiquette question:
    Is it bad form to wear a pinball event shirt to that event? Or are you just a dork if you do?

I seem to recall pinball shirts at pretty much every pinball expo/convention I've attended. I think it's expected, RCA1. Ha-ha! ...especially if it's a PatZ shirt at another event.

Take care, guys!
    Ryan

#13 5 years ago

Great design (as always)!

Shirt ordered (even through I will not be in attendance)

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from pmWolf:

Love it!!!
    Pete

And Pete might be asking about a maternity shirt, not for Julie but for himself!

Nice job on the design, the shirt looks good!

Brad

#15 5 years ago

So cool. I would be interested in a screened poster or handbill to frame and hang in my gameroom.

#16 5 years ago

Payment sent.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Great design (as always)!

Shirt ordered (even through I will not be in attendance)

You're the man, Whysnow! Look forward to seeing it on your back at Expo.

Quoted from jellikit:

Nice job on the design, the shirt looks good!

Brad

Thanks a bunch, Brad!

Quoted from catboxer:

So cool. I would be interested in a screened poster or handbill to frame and hang in my gameroom.

Thanks, catboxer. ...and that's actually not a bad idea! We don't have plans for a screened poster right now, but I'll let you know and post here if plans change.

Quoted from PEN:

Payment sent.

Receipt confirmation sent! Many thanks, PEN!

#18 5 years ago

Love it. Great looking art.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pafasa:

Love it. Great looking art.

Thanks for the kind words, Pafasa! Nice seein' you around here.

#20 5 years ago

Full disclosure: I just added another edit to the original post here:

EDIT 2: Just realizing the need for larger sizes (and increased cost). Please add $2 for XXL, $4 for XXXL, and $6 for XXXXL. (Sorry big guys! I feel bad doing this, but the base cost of the shirt actually goes up by a little more than that, so I'm doin' what I can.)

Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#21 5 years ago

Very nice. We can buy at the show too, right?

#22 5 years ago

Very nice artwork Ryan!

#23 5 years ago

done and done

#24 5 years ago

Can I get it on a black t-shirt?

#25 5 years ago

I collect rock art posters and also think a handbill would be great. Smaller size prints would save you money and be more likely that people woudl purchase a smaller print rather than a full sized 18X24. JMHO

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I collect rock art posters and also think a handbill would be great. Smaller size prints would save you money and be more likely that people woudl purchase a smaller print rather than a full sized 18X24. JMHO

Same here. 8.5x11 or 11x17 would be perfect. If this happens I'll pick one up at the show!

#27 5 years ago

Ordered and I am not even going! Great design, I even put it as my desktop background.

#28 5 years ago

Nice work Ryan. Love seeing original art on Pinside.

#29 5 years ago

Very cool design Ryan. Too bad we'll be on vacation during the actual event.

#30 5 years ago

Are these going to be screen printed?

There's quite a lot of colors and I am not fond of DTG or transfers.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from jamespin:

Very nice. We can buy at the show too, right?

Yes, indeed!

Quoted from Garrett:

Very nice artwork Ryan!

Many thanks, Garrett.

You are the man, Way!

Quoted from Garrett:

Can I get it on a black t-shirt?

Sorry, but no. COLORS!!!

Quoted from Whysnow:

Quoted from catboxer:

Same here. 8.5x11 or 11x17 would be perfect. If this happens I'll pick one up at the show!

I'm looking into pricing and chatting with Kevin (PatZ Grand Poobah) about whether or not he wants to move on these. I promise I'll get back to you guys about it.

Quoted from Gov:

Ordered and I am not even going! Great design, I even put it as my desktop background.

Ha-ha! Cool! Thanks for the kind feedback, Gov!

Quoted from Aurich:

Nice work Ryan. Love seeing original art on Pinside.

Thanks, Aurich! That means a lot coming from Mr. Shadow Translite himself. I now have two close friends with one. I've inspected it near and far and I'm blown away by your artistry and top quality craftsmanship. That thing is a masterpiece of the highest quality.

Quoted from epthegeek:

Very cool design Ryan. Too bad we'll be on vacation during the actual event.

Aw, man. Would have been nice to see you in my home state, Ep! My wife absolutely LOVED her time on your CCC pin at Expo this past October. Probably her exhibit hall highlight this year. Any chance you'll be setting it up again for Expo's 30th this year?

Many more thanks, guys!

Humbled,
    Ryan

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from appeac:

Are these going to be screen printed?

Hecks, yes! It's a four-color job (white, yellow, lime-ish green, dark green line-art). Our aim is to make some high quality shirts that folks will want to wear.

Quoted from appeac:

There's quite a lot of colors and I am not fond of DTG or transfers.

ME.

NEITHER.

You're talking to a fellow print-nerd, appeac. It may look like more than 4 colors with the various tints/screens of each color, but I assure you it's only four. I'm pretty comfortable working in limited color palettes, and four actually felt like a luxury to me. But once Kevin saw the artwork he gave me the okay to go nuts with the color. Anyhow, just to assure you I've done this sort of thing before, here are a couple examples of two-color work on my most recent book:

autobioConvoCover.jpg

pages2829.jpg

pages6869.jpg

Thanks for takin' the time to ask, appeac!
    Ryan

#33 5 years ago

Can't wait to get it, they look great.

#34 5 years ago

really nice job ryan. very futurama robot party-esc

#35 5 years ago

Ryan -

Looks great, nice job. Wish I could make it.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Can't wait to get it, they look great.

Thanks for the pre-order, Tsskinne! Can't wait to send it to ya.

Quoted from j_m_:

really nice job ryan. very futurama robot party-esc

Ha-ha! Thanks, J_M_. I was goin' for a good mix of size/shape/gender of robots, kinda like the make-up of PatZ. I saw a lot of wives and families roaming the floor last year. I'll have my 8-month-old little-dude on my chest this year! Can't wait.

Quoted from heatwave:

Looks great, nice job. Wish I could make it.

One day, Heatwave! In the meantime, thanks for stoppin' by the thread here.

#37 5 years ago

Excellent design......shirt has been ordered!

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Thanks for takin' the time to ask, appeac!
    Ryan

Thanks for the quick reply and clarification! I just placed the order.

I used to work at print shop here in GR. I solely ran the DTG kiosk, and a part of my soul died one print at a time.

#39 5 years ago

thanks Ryan, just ordered one for downunder, thanks and you will need to add a OS button, cheers

#40 5 years ago

I'm interested in a print as well.

#41 5 years ago

Prints would be cool. I'd love to hang one in the arcade.

#42 5 years ago

It looks great Ryan. If you do a print let me know. Just ordered a shirt. Thanks

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Aw, man. Would have been nice to see you in my home state, Ep! My wife absolutely LOVED her time on your CCC pin at Expo this past October. Probably her exhibit hall highlight this year. Any chance you'll be setting it up again for Expo's 30th this year?
    Ryan

Nope. My machine is done venturing out into the hands of the masses. It's done enough. If someone wants to drag their own CC to the show, I'd bring a CCC rig to run in it, but that's not likely.

E

#44 5 years ago

Shirt ordered!

Great job!

#45 5 years ago

Can't make the show , a little west coast support coming your way......ordered.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

Looks great Ryan, I would also be interested in poster/handbill. I have been collecting PATZ small posters for the last several years to hang in my game room, so this would be nice to add in collection. I will also contact Kevin to let him know there is interest in the smaller poster/handbill art.
    Thanks for the great art work this year
    Aaron

#47 5 years ago

Looks good. Just placed the order. Nice work Ryan.

#48 5 years ago

Shirt looks awesome! order placed. Thanks VERY much for the 3xxx and 4xxxx.
    I hate tight shirts and don't care if its extra $$.

hope its a great show again this year.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Excellent design......shirt has been ordered!

Got it, Astropin! ...and thanks for the kudos on the design.

Quoted from appeac:

Thanks for the quick reply and clarification! I just placed the order.

No problem. Thanks for the pre-order!

Quoted from appeac:

I used to work at print shop here in GR. I solely ran the DTG kiosk, and a part of my soul died one print at a time.

*LOLz!!!* My brothah!

Quoted from swinks:

thanks Ryan, just ordered one for downunder, thanks and you will need to add a OS button, cheers

Hey, Swinks! You have a great suggestion for an overseas button, but you guys have kept me so busy today I haven't had a chance to make one. That doesn't mean that folks out of the states can't order one, I'll just need a little extra shipping payment to get it to you. Really appreciate your support and suggestions though. Once we have the shirts in-hand and I post a permanent purchase button on my website, I'll reconsider making a one-click overseas button.

Quoted from Garrett:

I'm interested in a print as well.

Quoted from tamoore:

Prints would be cool. I'd love to hang one in the arcade.

Quoted from Soapman:

It looks great Ryan. If you do a print let me know.

Kevin and I are investigating a couple of different printing methods for potential posters/prints. We'll post about them in a couple/few days on this thread. In the meantime, our first goal is to get these shirts ordered.

Quoted from Soapman:

Just ordered a shirt. Thanks

Boss! Much appreciated, Soap!

Quoted from epthegeek:

Nope. My machine is done venturing out into the hands of the masses. It's done enough. If someone wants to drag their own CC to the show, I'd bring a CCC rig to run in it, but that's not likely.
    E

Quoted from RonB:

Shirt ordered!
    Great job!

Thanks for the order, and the complements, Rob!

Quoted from moto_cat:

Can't make the show , a little west coast support coming your way......ordered.

As a California native, I really appreciate that.

Quoted from mrsodapop:

Thanks for the great art work this year

My pleasure. Happy to be a small part of PatZ!

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

Looks good. Just placed the order. Nice work Ryan.

Man, just when I think all the pre-orders have rolled in. Ha-ha! Thanks so much, djblouw!

Quoted from joelreeves:

Shirt looks awesome! order placed. Thanks VERY much for the 3xxx and 4xxxx.
    I hate tight shirts and don't care if its extra $$.
    hope its a great show again this year.

Thanks for the reassurance. I'm still not real excited about the upcharges, but your comments honestly made me feel a little better about it. Have a good one, joelreeves.

P.S. Joel, I couldn't help but notice your avatar. Do you have any involvement with the Southern Fried Gameroom Expo? Really wish I could attend that show. I'm a faithful listener of the GRJ podcast, so it's fun to hear about it coming together each month.

// Error: Image 189905 not found // // Error: Image 189906 not found // // Error: Image 189907 not found //
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 12.99
    $ 115.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 28.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.95
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball USA
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 89.99
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 8.95
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 17.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    BK Pinball
    $ 99.95
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside