Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 115 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by fxdwg
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200901-120834_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200830-170043~2 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200830-153912~2 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200830-093829~2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1C02863D-A64B-4E0A-A50D-7BA00D85D4B3 (resized).png
    9c4808c6d08279b9e3fae17e9f14b9502c303e6b (resized).png
    1D031759-D3C2-4876-8878-4C0C8B7BD87C (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200827-113750~2 (resized).png
    fa436132710cebce96e0e13041054e4d.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago

I’ve been meaning to get around to mine I know that’s a poor excuse for not having one though

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I just donated in your name and gave you a heart. You will be able to see it by your screen name.

Very kind of you! Thank you. I will be sure to spread the love around.

#16 3 years ago

Give me a couple minutes....

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Now you do!! I donated in your name

Looks like we both got him!

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

I did this a couple years ago for someone I didn’t know but had posted he couldn’t figure out how to donate.

All you need is a CC (you can use PayPal but I no longer have that).

It's so easy to do even I figured it out in 1 minute.

If funds are a little tight you can even get/give a heart for less than what you'll probably pay for lunch today.

#44 3 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Went with pinside plus this time

Going to go for that when I re-up

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

First time I have been confronted with red hearts on every post. Looks nice.
    Send me a gray heart and I’ll make it red.
    The coolest feature with the plus sign with the heart is that you can PM as many pics as you would want to send to someone else.

Yeah I definitely need to go for a + next time that’s a good way to send updates to people if you are too lazy (me) to send stuff via e mail attachments.

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

To the OP.... Can I ask a serious question that I mean no harm by whatsoever? You sent a PM to one of my buddies asking him to follow you as a friend (he doesn't know you), and started this post to generate hearts for others. Both of these appear to be done to gain Pinside achievements. I really dont care one way or the other about any of this stuff, but was just curious if gaining achievements is just a fun part of the hobby for you? I have never seen anyone chase achievements, and didn't realize this was a thing.
    Keep on keepin' on....[quoted image]

If Pinside was a video game this would be like a boosting thread for some people. I don’t see most people caring about the ranks on that page. At most it could be for the regulars to keep things interesting. I don’t think you really gain anything.

That being said I’m happy to follow someone if they want me to. Doesn’t have any impact on me and I don’t sort anything based on who I follow (no offense).

My main reason for being here is to learn from others and lend a hand if I can.

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I'm not sure if you would say I "collect" them, but I do quite a few things on/for pinside, the pinball community in general, and other pinsiders and enthusiasts, along with buying, selling, and trading pinball and game room items very frequently...and achievement awards are connected to some of those things. I spend a large amount of my time on pinside and within the hobby itself.

That’s what I was going to mention next if you hang around here enough it’s inevitable that will happen.

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

What does a grey heart mean.

A donation gives you a red heart for a certain time (year) it turns gray when the time has lapsed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pay-it-forward-give-a-heart-?tu=ejs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.