New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 276114)

Pay it forward. Give a heart.

By Daditude

60 days ago

Topic Stats

• 114 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200901-120834_Chrome (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20200830-170043~2 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200830-153912~2 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200830-093829~2 (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    1C02863D-A64B-4E0A-A50D-7BA00D85D4B3 (resized).png
    9c4808c6d08279b9e3fae17e9f14b9502c303e6b (resized).png
    1D031759-D3C2-4876-8878-4C0C8B7BD87C (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200827-113750~2 (resized).png
    fa436132710cebce96e0e13041054e4d.gif

There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 60 days ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

No one to give it to

Someone send a friend with no heart to this thread!

#52 60 days ago

When ever we kiss,
    I worry and wonder.
    Your lips may be near,
    but where is your heart?

It's always like this,
    I worry and wonder.
    You're close to me here,
    but where is your heart?

It's a sad thing to realize
    that you've a heart that never melts.
    When we kiss, do you close your eyes,
    pretending that I'm someone else?

You must break the spell,
    this cloud that I'm under.
    So please won't you tell, darling,
    where is your heart?

#55 59 days ago

This thread was a great idea - thanks Daditude!!!! I just gave a heart to a good friend on Pinside who didn't have one.

#56 59 days ago

First time I have been confronted with red hearts on every post. Looks nice.

Send me a gray heart and I’ll make it red.

The coolest feature with the plus sign with the heart is that you can PM as many pics as you would want to send to someone else.

#57 59 days ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

First time I have been confronted with red hearts on every post. Looks nice.
    Send me a gray heart and I’ll make it red.
    The coolest feature with the plus sign with the heart is that you can PM as many pics as you would want to send to someone else.

Yeah I definitely need to go for a + next time that’s a good way to send updates to people if you are too lazy (me) to send stuff via e mail attachments.

#58 59 days ago

To the OP.... Can I ask a serious question that I mean no harm by whatsoever? You sent a PM to one of my buddies asking him to follow you as a friend (he doesn't know you), and started this post to generate hearts for others. Both of these appear to be done to gain Pinside achievements. I really dont care one way or the other about any of this stuff, but was just curious if gaining achievements is just a fun part of the hobby for you? I have never seen anyone chase achievements, and didn't realize this was a thing.

Keep on keepin' on....

pasted_image (resized).png
    #59 59 days ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

To the OP.... Can I ask a serious question that I mean no harm by whatsoever? You sent a PM to one of my buddies asking him to follow you as a friend (he doesn't know you), and started this post to generate hearts for others. Both of these appear to be done to gain Pinside achievements. I really dont care one way or the other about any of this stuff, but was just curious if gaining achievements is just a fun part of the hobby for you? I have never seen anyone chase achievements, and didn't realize this was a thing.
    Keep on keepin' on....[quoted image]

If Pinside was a video game this would be like a boosting thread for some people. I don’t see most people caring about the ranks on that page. At most it could be for the regulars to keep things interesting. I don’t think you really gain anything.

That being said I’m happy to follow someone if they want me to. Doesn’t have any impact on me and I don’t sort anything based on who I follow (no offense).

My main reason for being here is to learn from others and lend a hand if I can.

#60 59 days ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Keep on keepin' on....[quoted image]

I occasionally reach out to pinsiders who I enjoy posts/memes from because I like to be connected to easily find their posts. I HIGHLY recommend doing it. It makes it far easier to find them on your dashboard. It is one of my favorite features on here. Far too few actually use all that pinside has to offer. It is quite extensive.

As far as hearts, I opened this thread because I thought it would be a nice thing to do. People tend to complain about negativity, but so seldom inject any "positivity." I have donated hearts before, and I started this thread off by offering several pinsiders a donated heart, and hoped that others might join in to pay it forward.

It occurs to me that many "fire" threads are immensely popular (people love a trainwreck)...but positive threads don't get much interest. Oddly enough (or...not so oddly, perhaps), this thread was started about the same time as a flame thread which has about quintuple the amount of posts as this one. People tend to complain about negativity...yet they gravitate towards it, and even add-on to it. Openly questioning someone's motives that has donated quite a bit of money on numerous occasions would likely fit into this ideology as well. This is the essence of why the phrase "only on Pinside" exists.

#61 59 days ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Openly questioning someone's motives that has donated quite a bit of money on numerous occasions would likely fit into this ideology as well. This is the essence of why the phrase "only on Pinside" exists

Not sure if that was in reference to my post, but if it was, you definitely have read me wrong. My post was open instead of PM because if collecting Pinside achievements was a hobby within a hobby for someone, it would give others the opportunity to chime in as well.

It is something that has never crossed my mind, but once I saw this post after your PM sent to my buddy, it clicked. I see that you have like 175 things done... That is cool if that is what you are going for. Good luck!

#62 59 days ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Not sure if that was in reference to my post, but if it was, you definitely have read me wrong. My post was open instead of PM because if collecting Pinside achievements was a hobby within a hobby for someone, it would give others the opportunity to chime in as well.
    It is something that has never crossed my mind, but once I saw this post after your PM sent to my buddy, it clicked. I see that you have like 175 things done... That is cool if that is what you are going for. Good luck!

I'm not sure if you would say I "collect" them, but I do quite a few things on/for pinside, the pinball community in general, and other pinsiders and enthusiasts, along with buying, selling, and trading pinball and game room items very frequently...and achievement awards are connected to some of those things. I spend a large amount of my time on pinside and within the hobby itself.

#63 59 days ago

Does anyone have a heart for Ralph??

#64 59 days ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Does anyone have a heart for Ralph??

Please, no...I am good. Use that money for someone that actually needs it in your local community.

#65 59 days ago

Is it true that if I get a heart on for over 4 hours that I would need to see a doctor?

#66 59 days ago

Noticed my friend Tlamb was also greyhearted.
    So I reddened him up.

#67 59 days ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I'm not sure if you would say I "collect" them, but I do quite a few things on/for pinside, the pinball community in general, and other pinsiders and enthusiasts, along with buying, selling, and trading pinball and game room items very frequently...and achievement awards are connected to some of those things. I spend a large amount of my time on pinside and within the hobby itself.

That’s what I was going to mention next if you hang around here enough it’s inevitable that will happen.

#68 59 days ago
    Quoted from EJS:

That’s what I was going to mention next if you hang around here enough it’s inevitable that will happen.

Exactly.

#69 59 days ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Please, no...I am good. Use that money for someone that actually needs it in your local community.

You got a heart!!!

#70 59 days ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

Is it true that if I get a heart on for over 4 hours that I would need to see a doctor?

Now we just need to get Rez

#71 59 days ago

Public thank you to PappaDubz for giving a DumbAss a heart.

#72 59 days ago
    Quoted from DumbAss:

Public thank you to PappaDubz for giving a DumbAss a heart.

Kudos is to pappa!!

#74 59 days ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

Quoted from Daditude:

Anyone got Rezdog ?

I do! Lets us know what the doctor tells ya.

#75 59 days ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

Brewchap donated a heart to you! Thank you, brew!

#76 59 days ago

You damn heart trolls!

#77 58 days ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Noticed my friend Tlamb was also greyhearted.
    So I reddened him up.

Thanks man! I haven’t had much time to be hanging out here but appreciate the love! I’ll find someone to pay it forward to. Hope all is well Rob!

#78 58 days ago

Fun fact: Every poster in this thread has a heart

Send your friends this way if they have no heart or theirs has turned gray.

#79 58 days ago

Thank you brewchap. Just noticed my hearts on for the past 14 hours. That’s gotta be a record : )
    Thanks again

#80 58 days ago

So what's happening here? I'm confused...

#81 58 days ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Daditude started a thread. In hopes of paying it forward. Give another poster that doesn't have a red heart ( or red heart with a tail ) to give them one.

One of the best threads on Pinside in a long time.

LTG : )

#82 58 days ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Boom! Snowy_owl you’re in!

#83 58 days ago

Woah! underlord, thank you my man!

#84 58 days ago

Whodey needs a heart. He is going to punch me in the face if you do.

#85 57 days ago

Can anyone send Who-dey some love?
    He needs some. He is a BIG Bengals fan...

Screenshot_20200830-093829~2 (resized).png
    #86 57 days ago

Kind of nice seeing a thread where all posters have a heart.

#87 57 days ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Can anyone send Who-dey some love?
    He needs some. He is a BIG Bengals fan...[quoted image]

A very generous pinsider ( zr11990 ) just gave away a Funhouse playfield for free (thread below), but he has no heart. If anyone needs someone to pay it forward to, he would be a good one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-want-a-old-funky-funhouse-pf

#88 57 days ago

Live pic of Who-dey with no heart:

Screenshot_20200830-153912~2 (resized).png
    #89 57 days ago

What does a grey heart mean.

#90 57 days ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

What does a grey heart mean.

A donation gives you a red heart for a certain time (year) it turns gray when the time has lapsed.

#91 57 days ago

At the bottom of each page on pinside is a heart and it says "support pinside" beside it.
    Click it and this comes up:

https://pinside.com/pinball/donate

No heart means that the user has never donated. A gray heart means they donated, but it was more than a year ago...so it has expired. A "+" sign by the heart means they are a pinside plus member (donated at least 35 bucks) and it includes extras.
    Screenshot_20200830-170043~2 (resized).png

#92 57 days ago

Just gave a heart to five of my many great Pinside friends.

Zaki
    oldskool1969
    Jason_Jehosaphat
    zr11990
    Maide

P.S. Gunnut40 you're a dick and I cant wait to punch you in the face!

#93 57 days ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

A very generous pinsider ( zr11990 ) just gave away a Funhouse playfield for free (thread below), but he has no heart. If anyone needs someone to pay it forward to, he would be a good one.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/does-anyone-want-a-old-funky-funhouse-pf

I just bought him a heart, very awesome guy indeed!

#94 57 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

I just bought him a heart, very awesome guy indeed!

Awe shucks.

#95 57 days ago
    Quoted from snowy_owl:

Woah! underlord, thank you my man!

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Zaki
    oldskool1969
    Jason_Jehosaphat
    zr11990
    Maide

Wow! You guys are awesome!

#96 57 days ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Zaki
    oldskool1969
    Jason_Jehosaphat
    zr11990
    Maide
    P.S. Gunnut40 you're a dick and I cant wait to punch you in the face!

Paying this kind gift forward to zaphX and cextion!

#97 56 days ago

Thanks Who-Dey. Am I supposed to do this for someone else now? How does this work?

#98 56 days ago

I just made Spencer heart red again

#99 56 days ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Thanks Who-Dey. Am I supposed to do this for someone else now? How does this work?

You can go through your personal friends/connections on pinside and see if someone needs a heart, or you could also scan through posts on here to see someone you know or appreciate that could use one.

#100 56 days ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

You can go through your personal friends/connections on pinside and see if someone needs a heart, or you could also scan through posts on here to see someone you know or appreciate that could use one.

Thanks, just noticed I need to donate!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 64.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Great American Pinball
    $ 38.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 59.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos
    $ 135.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 117.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 159.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    £ 50.00
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    There are 114 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside