Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by DaMoib
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Anyone know the part number for the Strange World Motor Cam? I'm guessing it may be listed in the Gottlieb Parts and Price Supplement 1978 (Vol P) or, maybe, the 1982 Parts catalog? Although, PBR doesn't list the game as being part of the 82 catalog.

The games leading up to Strange World were using either the A-7766 or A-7907 cam.

#2 4 years ago

Hmm. The '78 catalog only goes through Jet Spin and Super Spin. The '80 and '82 catalogs only seem to list games what were made in SS versions and doesn't even list the motor cams in the numeric index. You may need to find the manual if there is one.

/Mark

#3 4 years ago

There's also the elusive "Gottlieb Parts and Price *Supplement* 1978 (Vol P)", has anyone ever seen that?

In comparing other machines (9 total, seven 7907's and two 7766's), I'm thinking the only difference between the 7766 and 7907 parts is the extended single post for "E" level switches. Comparing the motor timing charts on the schematics (assuming they are accurate), I see no other timing differences between 7766 and 7907 machines.

Until I find a reference, I'm guessing it's an A-7766 - because Strange World does have motor switches on the "E" level.

Thanks! Never noticed that they hid the motor cam part number in the bottom of the "Other Coils Used" table in the manual (but not on the schematic).

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from DaMoib:

There's also the elusive "Gottlieb Parts and Price *Supplement* 1978 (Vol P)", has anyone ever seen that?

I had checked but neglected to mention it. No joy there either.

Quoted from DaMoib:

In comparing other machines (9 total, seven 7907's and two 7766's), I'm thinking the only difference between the 7766 and 7907 parts is the extended single post for "E" level switches. Comparing the motor timing charts on the schematics (assuming they are accurate), I see no other timing differences between 7766 and 7907 machines.

I like that theory. That might mean that 7907 (with the extra long pin) works in all cases.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

I like that theory. That might mean that 7907 (with the extra long pin) works in all cases.

Yes, although it's the A-7766 with the longer pin...

I'm working towards a "superset" motor sequence chart that tries to display the timing of all switch positions and it appears that the chart would apply to machines with either of these two cams. The 7907 and 7766 are in a high percentage of Gottlieb machines going back into the '60s. I'm busy hunting for exceptions...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/part-number-for-strange-world-motor-cam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.