Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Anthonyb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PlayboySternPowerDriver_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yeoldpinplayer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

IPDB says Stern Playboy is Whitestar system. http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Sega/Stern_White_Star_Repair

Section 4.3 might be helpful.

#14 7 years ago

Do you know how to use a multi-meter? Can you read schematics?

It sounds harder than it is. We can help. Take some pictures of your boards and post them.

#24 7 years ago

On your driver board you should find your adjustment pot R116. Near it you'll find R114, just below your +5v LED.
    Measure the voltage on the bottom leg of R114. If it's less than 4.85v try and raise it using the adjustment pot R116.

Let us know what you find.

#26 7 years ago

Next step is get that backbox open and post a picture of the boards. Post a picture of your multi meter.

Look in your manual, the schematics for the driver board should be labeled. On that schematic, find R116. Then find it and R114 on your board. Take a picture of them. Then we'll figure out how to set your meter and test the +5v.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from Anthonyb:

I don't have a manual

In post #6 you said, "1500 with original manual..."

What's the deal?

Did you check inside the coin door for the backbox key?

#36 7 years ago

With the game on, test the bottom leg of R114 for DC voltage. If it's less than 4.85, turn it up using R116. I've circled R114 and R116 in the attached photo.

Watch this video to explain how to use your multi-meter.

PlayboySternPowerDriver_(resized).jpgPlayboySternPowerDriver_(resized).jpg

#43 7 years ago

If your gf isn't into pinball it's time for her to move on. To Austin. Send contact info ASAP.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yeoldpinplayer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oh-why-did-i-switch-from-em-2002-stern-playboy?tu=yeoldpinplayer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.