No. (resized).png
20240421_192540~3.jpg
touchdown-lions-detroit-lions.gif
winnipeg-jets-go-jets-go.gif
fire-burn.gif
20240420_201842~2.jpg
Screenshot_20240420_112254_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240420_094303_Firefox.jpg
There are 5,658 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 114.
#2051 1 year ago

Didn’t expect to see the rough stuff happening after the period ended, but was kinda nice to see emotions boil over.

#2052 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Didn’t expect to see the rough stuff happening after the period ended....

Really? Pretty standard "sending a message " type yada yada.
I mean that 'Ning last second shot was some bullshit and needed to be dealt with

#2053 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Really? Pretty standard "sending a message " type yada yada.
I mean that 'Ning last second shot was some bullshit and needed to be dealt with

A few of the boys were really getting involved. I’ve been watching hockey for 40+ years, not the 1st time I’ve seen this after a meaningful playoff game. Bring on game 6 already!

#2054 1 year ago

Trouba... Scum!!

#2055 1 year ago

Oh hes a fucking scumbag for sure.
Guys like him deserve a stick in the eye McCracken style

#2056 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Huge game 5 tonight. I’ll predict 4-3 bolts..any others w predictions?

Lol...good call...you know I said Rangers!

#2057 1 year ago

Disgusting.

#2058 1 year ago

Typical day in NYC, disgusting city!

#2059 1 year ago

Parts of the NY sports fan base are pretty terrible. My wife has told me stories about the similar occurrences at Jets-Giants preseason games. One was a game she was at with her dad where a Jets fan slammed an older Giants fan's head into a concrete wall for no reason and bloodied him up pretty good. Some people are real a holes after a few drinks and their team loses. Hope Champa Bay closes out the series in style tomorrow night.

#2060 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Parts of the NY sports fan base are pretty terrible. My wife has told me stories about the similar occurrences at Jets-Giants preseason games. One was a game she was at with her dad where a Jets fan slammed an older Giants fan's head into a concrete wall for no reason and bloodied him up pretty good. Some people are real a holes after a few drinks and their team loses. Hope Champa Bay closes out the series in style tomorrow night.

Sure but it's funny when they're all New Yarrwkers

#2061 1 year ago

Trouba says there’s nothing wrong with that hit. The NHL Players Safety has suspended the fan for 1 game.

#2062 1 year ago

A debreifing. Skip to 1:00 into the video.

#2063 1 year ago

I think Tampa is going to take it tonight. 5-3

#2064 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I think Tampa is going to take it tonight. 5-3

I think they end it as well. Prolly a low scoring gane

Tampa flipped the ON switch in game 3 and haven't looked back. (Especially Vasilevsky)

#2065 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Tampa flipped the ON switch in game 3 and haven't looked back. (Especially Vasilevsky)

Probably, but I'd like to see them go 7 games.

#2066 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

With Vasis history in series clinching games... 1 goal against is a feat

#2067 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

With Vasis history in series clinching games... 1 goal against is a feat

I’m still going 5 - 3 Tampa. The Rangers are going to come out hitting and playing real physical as they always do when their neck is in a noose, should be some open ice to play with for the Rangers offense at times.

So I think they’ll be able to get off some quality shots.

#2068 1 year ago
E8C7C4B8-D1A5-4BD8-B846-B8FD1479C495 (resized).jpegE8C7C4B8-D1A5-4BD8-B846-B8FD1479C495 (resized).jpeg
#2069 1 year ago
Quoted from yfz450:

[quoted image]

Lava lamp? What’s this the frickin 70’s? Although that is the last time the Flyers hoisted the cup.

#2070 1 year ago

Lol! Man I miss the 70’s!

#2071 1 year ago

Looked like interference to me.

#2072 1 year ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Looked like interference to me.

Refs are letting a lot of shit go in this game. Real hockey.

#2073 1 year ago

If Tampa wins the cup that'll make 4 consecutive Stanley cups for Pat Maroon. (Stl, TB, TB, TB)

#2074 1 year ago

It was a matter of time til Tampa scored. They’ve dominated so far.

#2075 1 year ago

Rangers forgot to show up, except Shesterkin.

#2076 1 year ago

We got a game!!!

#2077 1 year ago

That's getting called back.

#2078 1 year ago

That tie didn’t last long.

#2079 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

That's getting called back.

disregard. That last replay showed a clearer picture. It wasn't in shesterkins glove

#2080 1 year ago

Wish the camera guy showed more of Cooper..that girl in the blue tank top is alright..giggitty giggitty..

#2081 1 year ago

Avs and Bolts. Should be a fucking doosey of a finals. GO AVS!!!

#2082 1 year ago

Can Lightning make it a threepeat?

#2083 1 year ago

The score makes the game look like it was closer than it was. Here's looking forward to Wednesday

#2084 1 year ago

Sweet.
Guaranteed win... have both for cup Champs on separate bets!

#2085 1 year ago

If Tampa wins the cup the Leafs should sign Pat Maroon in the off season.

#2086 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

If Tampa wins the cup the Leafs should sign Pat Maroon in the off season.

He’s won 3 cups in a row currently? Leafs need to address their goaltending..

#2087 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

If Tampa wins the cup that'll make 4 consecutive Stanley cups for Pat Maroon. (Stl, TB, TB, TB)

Quoted from hwyhed:

He’s won 3 cups in a row currently? Leafs need to address their goaltending..

#2088 1 year ago

Finals should be a banger. Clearly Tampa has the edge in goal, but haven't been facing the 40+ shots per night the Avs manage to get on net either. Vasi was not really tested in the Rangers series IMO.

#2089 1 year ago

Hard series to bet if you ask me, imagine that Tampa gets the advantage being repeat champs but I always had Colorado going far the past few years and disappointed when tapped out early. Since they made it to the end would take them but not bet on it.

#2090 1 year ago

I'm calling Tampa for the 3-peat. What a dynasty of a team. And even if they don't, still a Dynasty. To do what they're doing in the salary-cap era, losing players every season, and STILL put an amazing team on the ice and make it work. Something special fellas. Whether we like it or not.

Also, I saw this on one of the NHL forums and thought it was great...

287575347_10159769372966043_5999874524763684190_n (resized).jpeg287575347_10159769372966043_5999874524763684190_n (resized).jpeg
#2091 1 year ago

Even Igor said Vasy is the best in the world a few games ago. He's right of course but Shesty was fantastic last night and amazing in almost every game following the beat down by the Pens in the 1st round. What a recovery. Mental strength is strong with this one.
I am not a rangers fan in the slightest, but Shesterkin is amazing. I really like the way Mika plays(although the way he wears his socks over the tendon guard drives me batshit) but he was really off last night. I wonder if he was hurt because he definitely didn't look like himself. There was a lot of momentum and talk surrounding the kid line etc... but truthfully they are not a very good team or they are not being coached to their fullest strengths. Gallant has a tough personality. They have a great goaltender who kept them above water but offensively and defensively they are weak save a few key players. Where was Adam Fox all series? He was a minus in 4 of the last 5 games. He is elite and it pissed me of he wasn't better in this last series.
I'd like to see the Rangers make a few changes. Get a little more depth, to help out their net minder. I'd hate to see his otherworldly talent wasted.
I enjoyed that series because of the tendys. I'm a defenseman at heart so I hate games that creep passed the 2-1 mark. If every game was a 1-0 OT win, I'd be a happy fan.

As far as the SCF.. Colorado is weak in goal compared to Tampa. That could be interesting because Tampa shoots like Steph Curry chucks up 3s.
Avs have Mac and Makar with a couple of above average and many average(nhl standards) role players in my opinion. Hopefully they can really click as a team and make it a series. If not, and they try to depend on just 29 and 8 to make everything happen against Tampa, they will be shut down just like the Rangers. Tampa is a smart team and coached well by a very intelligent human who can get the best out of every one of his players. It's a gift not many coaches/people have. Gallant does not have that gift for comparison. Oh, I like Gallant by the way, and would respond favorably to his type of leadership, but that doesn't make him the best choice for everyone. Coops is an all around guy and understands the human element when dealing with multiple personalities. Coach Bednar is also a great Coach so I'll be tuned in to the Coaching duel during this as well.
I just want it to go 7 so I can watch more hockey.

Go Pens!
r/
Mike

#2092 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

To do what they're doing in the salary-cap era, losing players

But let’s not forget that Tampa manipulated the salary cap last year thus had a lot of top players on their team that they shouldn’t have. Smart of them to sit those players on IR then bring them back for the playoffs as they would’ve been over the cap

#2093 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

But let’s not forget that Tampa manipulated the salary cap last year thus had a lot of top players on their team that they shouldn’t have. Smart of them to sit those players on IR then bring them back for the playoffs as they would’ve been over the cap

Wow, I though only bitter fans thought of things that way. lol. I don't see it that way at all. Kucherov was injured almost the entire season and couldn't play because of legit hip surgery.. some hockey players are never the same or can never play again after something like that. The fact he sat is a stretch to call "salary cap manipulation" IMO. If you look at the circumstances, the Chicago Blackhawks and many teams have been under the same circumstances AND went on to win cups. And, it's LEGAL. Imagine saying you want to sit Sidney Crosby or Ovechkin the entire season, just to bring him in at the beginning of the playoffs so you can manipulate the cap- a cold player coming off delicate surgery inserted into the fastest, most critical part of the season, all while not having that talent to get you there. Makes no sense.

The Lightning have been able to replace entire lines of people they lost due to cap problems, only to keep the train rolling... seems like they know what they are doing, no? And if it's legal, I'd put it on all of the other teams to figure it out!

#2094 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Wow, I though only bitter fans thought of things that way. lol. I don't see it that way at all. Kucherov was injured almost the entire season and couldn't play because of legit hip surgery.. some hockey players are never the same or can never play again after something like that. The fact he sat is a stretch to call "salary cap manipulation" IMO. If you look at the circumstances, the Chicago Blackhawks and many teams have been under the same circumstances AND went on to win cups. And, it's LEGAL. Imagine saying you want to sit Sidney Crosby or Ovechkin the entire season, just to bring him in at the beginning of the playoffs so you can manipulate the cap- a cold player coming off delicate surgery inserted into the fastest, most critical part of the season, all while not having that talent to get you there. Makes no sense.
The Lightning have been able to replace entire lines of people they lost due to cap problems, only to keep the train rolling... seems like they know what they are doing, no? And if it's legal, I'd put it on all of the other teams to figure it out!

Not bitter at all and props to Tampa for doing it but let's not make it out that they struggled with players. I am hoping Tampa wins it. Be nice to see a, so called, Dynasty team as we just dont see it that often anymore.

The key point you fail to mention is that Kucherov was able to come back for the last week of the regular season but it would've put them over the cap so they let him stay on IR. It was the smart thing to do as they didn't need to worry about making the playoffs.

#2095 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

The key point you fail to mention is that Kucherov was able to come back for the last week of the regular season but it would've put them over the cap so they let him stay on IR. It was the smart thing to do as they didn't need to worry about making the playoffs.

I think you just sounded like a bitter Habs fan with the "$18M over the cap" thing LOL. Kind of like how people blame the patriots for cheating, etc. These teams deserve the credit without the crying about rules and nit-picking to discredit a deserved win.. and for the record, I hate the Pats It's almost as bad as blaming the Refs for a series loss.

It kind of sucks that we have to wait 3 more days for the Finals to start... I'm ready for some more hockey!! Then, 3 more days for game 2.

#2096 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Lava lamp? What’s this the frickin 70’s? Although that is the last time the Flyers hoisted the cup.

Dont forget the carpeted shaggin wagons back in the day!

#2097 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Mesz and the Law are definitely bitter.

#2098 1 year ago

At least I get to go the Jays game with my son and score free jerseys this week for under 100 bucks

#2099 1 year ago

Any other pinhead doing the same..we can meet at the bar across the street for a pint or coke before the game

#2100 1 year ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

As far as the SCF.. Colorado is weak in goal compared to Tampa. That could be interesting because Tampa shoots like Steph Curry chucks up 3s. Avs have Mac and Makar with a couple of above average and many average(nhl standards) role players in my opinion. Hopefully they can really click as a team and make it a series. If not, and they try to depend on just 29 and 8 to make everything happen against Tampa, they will be shut down just like the Rangers.

Colorado is weaker in goal but both of their tendy's are very capable and Francouz shut out McDavid and Co. in game 2 of the WCF. Tampa shoots a lot but Colorado does as well and has been averaging 42 shots per game. While MacKinnon and Makar command a lot of attention, the Avs have been getting goals from all over the roster including Kadri, Toews, Rantanen, Lehkonen, Manson, Newhook, Byram, Burakovsky. They are far from a one trick pony. I live in Florida, so naturally no one down here is giving Colorado a chance in this final. I personally, despite their early exits the past 3 seasons, find that to be a completely absurd and laughable opinion. I guess we shall see.

There are 5,658 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2022-nhl-hockey-thread-/page/42?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.