No. (resized).png
20240421_192540~3.jpg
touchdown-lions-detroit-lions.gif
winnipeg-jets-go-jets-go.gif
fire-burn.gif
20240420_201842~2.jpg
Screenshot_20240420_112254_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240420_094303_Firefox.jpg
There are 5,651 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 114.
#2251 1 year ago

Avs goaltending just so questionable!

Losing Kucherov and possibly Paul not going to help the Lightning.

#2252 1 year ago

Kadri is on the ice for warmup.

#2253 1 year ago

What’s your prediction on tonight’s big game 4 Hue?

#2254 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Tampa wins 4-2. Still rooting for the Avs though.

#2255 1 year ago

Here we go....

#2256 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Boring game is my prediction

#2257 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Boring game is my prediction

Not so far!

#2258 1 year ago

Game 5 underway!!

#2259 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Game 5 underway!!

You are a man ahead of your time.

#2260 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

You are a man ahead of your time.

Yeah, I was trying to keep it going, but it’s lost its luster. I am having a drink, but I’m not shitblasted this time.

You are right though, Tampa is stepping it up after the first two games, but there’s a lot of ice time left in this one.

#2261 1 year ago

Kuemper stinks

#2262 1 year ago

Avs finally score 5-on-5 at Tampa.

#2263 1 year ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Avs finally score 5-on-5 at Tampa.

Yeah, and the announcers pointed it out like it was some kind of tremendous feat.

#2264 1 year ago

Third period is going to get sloppy. And I don’t mean the game.

9E25FA84-5869-4F71-8F94-9DAEB85C2AA9 (resized).jpeg9E25FA84-5869-4F71-8F94-9DAEB85C2AA9 (resized).jpeg
#2266 1 year ago

OT in Tampa!

Palat
Landeskog

#2267 1 year ago

Avs will take it in the first 4 min of OT.

#2268 1 year ago

Avs are faster to the puck in OT, Tampa looks gassed.

#2269 1 year ago

Vasilevskiy is standing on his head!

#2270 1 year ago

Kadri with the OT winner.

Ava going back to Denver with a 3-1 series lead.

#2272 1 year ago

GO AVS!!! 1 MORE BABY!!!

#2273 1 year ago

Kemps totally stole that game for the Avs. He even assisted on the game winner. What a career defining win for him, especially after bombing in game 3. I'm so happy for him and think the Avs close it out Friday night at home.

That is a crushing defeat for TB. They will be sick over losing that game. Hope the Avs blow them out Friday.

GO AVS!!!

#2274 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

The Avs needed to lose 1 so we can win at home in game 5 and hoist the cup here in Denver. Ha ha.

I called it. It’s not over yet but I’m gettin pretty F’in excited for Friday!!

#2275 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Kadri with the OT winner.
Ava going back to Denver with a 3-1 series lead.

Amazing goal to finish a great game.

#2276 1 year ago

Tough to see such a POS like Kadri get the GW goal.

It's not over yet but the fat lady had a big plate of spaghetti and is humming...

#2277 1 year ago

Avs had 6 players on the ice during the goal.. No replacement player even close to the guy leaving the ice... Doesn't make a difference but it's out there lol

289512230_10224533125370131_2279412585506572116_n (resized).jpeg289512230_10224533125370131_2279412585506572116_n (resized).jpeg

289604951_1064903554441709_8244589390555116130_n (resized).jpeg289604951_1064903554441709_8244589390555116130_n (resized).jpeg
#2278 1 year ago

Whatever……Tampa was getting worked ever since the 2nd period.

#2279 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Avs had 6 players on the ice during the goal.. No replacement player even close to the guy leaving the ice... Doesn't make a difference but it's out there lol

It's completely inconsequential. Watch any hockey game and you will regularly see both teams with "too many men" on the ice during line changes, it happens all the time. Players are gliding towards their bench for a line change and their replacement(s) are already on the ice skating towards the play before the previous line ever gets off the rink.

#2280 1 year ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

It's completely inconsequential. Watch any hockey game and you will regularly see both teams with "too many men" on the ice during line changes, it happens all the time. Players are gliding towards their bench for a line change and their replacement(s) are already on the ice skating towards the play before the previous line ever gets off the rink.

Not when an attacking player is well into the play while the player leaving the ice is still not off. The extra player on the attack in the background is well into the play while the guy is still on the ice.

I get what you're saying, it's just like the micro-measurements on off-sides calls where they can play in the zone for 2 minutes after the alleged micro-infraction and call off a good goal.

But rules are rules, and there shouldn't be a goal with too many men in a SCF.

Oh well. It only matters if you're a lightning fan (to piss them off). LMAO.

290003946_5240127896054144_8663789201455491858_n (resized).jpeg290003946_5240127896054144_8663789201455491858_n (resized).jpeg
#2281 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Not when an attacking player is well into the play while the player leaving the ice is still not off. The extra player on the attack in the background is well into the play while the guy is still on the ice.
I get what you're saying, it's just like the micro-measurements on off-sides calls where they can play in the zone for 2 minutes after the alleged micro-infraction and call off a good goal.
But rules are rules, and there shouldn't be a goal with too many men in a SCF.
Oh well. It only matters if you're a lightning fan (to piss them off). LMAO. [quoted image]

Unless Kadri came on for that player, I don't see it of any consequence... it's only a call if it affects play

#2282 1 year ago

Looks like the Lightning also had 6 on the ice, only difference is their bench door was open and he got off slightly quicker than Colorado. Doesn't appear that the Avs actually had 6 on the ice when the goal was scored.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2283 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Unless Kadri came on for that player, I don't see it of any consequence... it's only a call if it affects play

It's not a matter of consequence, but NHL Rules and what's right for the integrity of the game.

The ice is 85 feet wide, the nearest Colorado player is seen at center ice.. thats 42.5 feet away from the bench.

Rules say the exchange has to be within 5'... I don't care how good of a skater you are, there is no way the Colorado skater gained that much ground LEGALLY during that player exchange.

And I am NOT a Lighting fan even though I picked them to win.

290003946_5240127896054144_8663789201455491858_n (resized).jpeg290003946_5240127896054144_8663789201455491858_n (resized).jpegScreen Shot 2022-06-23 at 1.31.27 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-06-23 at 1.31.27 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-06-23 at 1.32.41 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-06-23 at 1.32.41 AM (resized).png
#2284 1 year ago

Looks like the Lightning also had 6 on the ice, only difference is their bench door was open and he got off slightly quicker than Colorado. Doesn't appear that the Avs actually had 6 on the ice when the goal was scored.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The 6th lightning player, as you are pointing out, is within an acceptable 5' range of the exchanging player and not engaged in an offense zone attack. Apples and oranges.

Your picture with the arrows shows the Avs player 40 feet plus away from the guy leaving the ice... this player was a trailer that would draw the defense and was considered a breaking player going down the center and a pass threat.

Just playing devil's advocate here LOL. I see what the Lightning are saying based on the rules.

#2285 1 year ago

The press has already given the cup to the Avs. First it was during/after game 2, now after game 4. I for one am not ready to count the Lightning out, it takes 4 wins to take the cup! This Lightning team has surprised me too many times.

Games 1 and 4 were OT wins for the Avs- both games could have gone the other way. Game 2 was all Avs, game 3 all lightning. Personally, I'm hoping it goes to 7!

The too many men looks like it could be legit TMM on video- I read that the Avs had 6 men AND possession of the puck for a full 5 seconds? In a fast paced OT situation in the finals, there should be an even playing field, don't ya think? If it was the Lightning had done it, the press and everyone else would be crying like huge babies... The media and TV announcers have been so one-sided towards the Avs. But the too many men call/non-call was at the discretion of the refs and they didn't call it... Oh well.... next.

Funny how some NHL fans will say that the Avs should get the benefit of the doubt and that Cooper is a whiner... but on the same token will cry about the $18 Million over the cap injury roster and that even though that's within the rules it's not OK. Wish people would just accept stuff that happens (unless it's a blatent missed call/rules violation) and move on!

#2286 1 year ago

Avs fan or Lightning fan, here's the final word.

Screenshot_20220623-095839_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220623-095839_Facebook (resized).jpg
#2287 1 year ago

Anyone got a video link with an angle that shows the entire ice surface during the game winning goal?

#2288 1 year ago

Revenge for Lightning vs Islanders last year it seems.

#2289 1 year ago

What about take a ref off the ice and sit in a tennis umpire type chair overlooking the ice? Playing the puck while 6th player Is standing on the ice is a cut and dry missed penalty call. Too bad the play wasn't reviewed because no one noticed the split-second change and everyone celebrated

#2290 1 year ago

add this situation to the list of reviewable non calls or goals

#2291 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Revenge for Lightning vs Islanders last year it seems.

I don't see it that way.. the Lightning had players on the ice in the Islanders game last year, but the replacements were within distance of the replacement players and they didn't have one jump out and skate 40+ feet to the front of the play, grab the puck, and score on a breakaway. Kadri handled the puck coming off the bench for at least 5 seconds before his replacement man got off the ice. You literally can't get any more clear than that! Most of the time the refs have the benefit of the guy handling the puck right in front of the bench and it's far more obvious. Just because he was that far away doesn't make it OK.

But hey, it is what it is. I don't want to hear the same people making the excuse that the Lightning were $18M over the cap last year (legal) and then say it's OK for a bad offside to win game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals. Either you are strict for rules/what's right or you are not.

I prefer a good, fair game.. that way there are no excuses.

#2292 1 year ago

Here's more of an explanation.

Let's face it.. if you're a Lightning fan, you have a reason to be pissed. Otherwise, you're probably OK with it because it's not your team. You can't compare the islanders game where it was already 4-1 on the scoreboard. This is OT in the Finals.

#2293 1 year ago

Whatever, cry me a river. You just can’t handle that the Lighting got outplayed for most of he game and lost.

#2294 1 year ago

Yeah, Nathan Mackinnon not getting off the ice really affected the play. That's totally the reason why they won. PAHLEEZEE!!

Why aren't any TB fans saying anything about the blatant trip on Kadri, 12ft in front of Vasy? If he doesn't get tripped there, he mostly likely scores. If he doesn't score there, you know the Avs would've scored on the ensuing PP for tripping. So stop with bs. TB got rocked the entire OT. They were all gassed snf the Avs were flying, skating circles around them. Them winning was inevitable. All facts.

#2295 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Yeah, Nathan Mackinnon not getting off the ice really affected the play. That's totally the reason why they won. PAHLEEZEE!!
Why aren't any TB fans saying anything about the blatant trip on Kadri, 12ft in front of Vasy? If he doesn't get tripped there, he mostly likely scores. If he doesn't score there, you know the Avs would've scored on the ensuing PP for tripping. So stop with bs. TB got rocked the entire OT. They were all gassed snf the Avs were flying, skating circles around them. Them winning was inevitable. All facts.

Some nasty hits from behind both ways too.. glad nobody seemed to get injured too badly...

#2296 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Whatever, cry me a river. You just can’t handle that the Lighting got outplayed for most of he game and lost.

Guess we'll add Av fans to the obnoxious list.

#2297 1 year ago
cheering-jerry-springer.gifcheering-jerry-springer.gif
#2298 1 year ago

My last post on this. Think whichever way you want. This is the Finals and errors matter... but they won't change things lol.

Watch this and tell me you feel this wasn't a too many men. Period.

#2299 1 year ago

No matter what side of the fence you fall on this, the fact is that too many men on ice happens DOZENS of times in every NHL game during almost every line change. If referees called it every time it happened there would be 30 calls a game for too many men. It's unfortunate, but like they said, referees are human, they missed the call, you can't replay the game, it is what it is. I imagine if Tampa ends up losing, their fans will screech about this non call until the end of time, when they should be mad about their team's lackluster play in the 3rd and OT. BTW, MacKinnon isn't even on the score sheet as showing he was on the ice when the goal was scored, hmmmm?

#2300 1 year ago

No matter what side of the fence you fall on this, the fact is that too many men on ice happens DOZENS of times in every NHL game during almost every line change. If referees called it every time it happened there would be 30 calls a game for too many men. It's unfortunate, but like they said, referees are human, they missed the call, you can't replay the game, it is what it is. I imagine if Tampa ends up losing, their fans will screech about this non call until the end of time, when they should be mad about their team's lackluster play in the 3rd and OT. BTW, MacKinnon isn't even on the score sheet as showing he was on the ice when the goal was scored, hmmmm?

Just like teams carry injured players (including stars) on their roster... and all the whiners said Tampa was over the cap (I think some even mentioned it again recently). Or star players get injured (Kadri running Binnington) or (Troubas hit on Crosby) on a good hit vs bad hit as seen by which team your a fan of. Blah blah blah. Goes for all sports too.. like the NFL with deflategate, Patriots cheating, etc.

But no matter what, people are going to carry their side of the argument along as it fits them and their team. It is what it is.

There are 5,651 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2022-nhl-hockey-thread-/page/46 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.