You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2D79D0CA-F060-46CE-BDE9-945D7ABAB7F5 (resized).jpeg
6C44E67A-DB44-4581-A574-DBFCD87008C5 (resized).jpeg
16207898-DA6C-4EC6-BE6E-49DEB70915F2 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

I picked up a Gottlieb North Star on Sunday and I am having a problem with the Specials / Credit mechanicals. I'm not sure what problems are related to each other, so I will detail each scenario according to the game rules and what is actually occurring:

1) Completing the 4 yellow rollovers should light the left kick out hole for Special. Completing those 4 rollovers first lights the hole, but instead of the Special light coming on the "100 Additional Points" light up on both the left and right side. (picture 1)

2) Completing the 4 red rollovers should light the right kick out hole for Special. Completing those for rollovers first lights the hole and the Special, but no credits are given if the ball goes in the hole. Completing the green rollovers first also lights the Special on the left, but not the hole. (picture 2)

3) Completing the top, yellow and green rollovers lights the "Rollovers Special When Lit", but none of them issue replays when passed through. (picture 3)

4) Completing any set of rollovers is supposed to "occasionally" light the Special button between the pop bumpers, increasing in frequency as more sets are completed. I'm getting no results there in either lights or replays.

The match numbers appear at the end of a game, but no replays are given when the numbers match.You guys have bailed this non-schematic reading old man out about 10 times. Can anyone give me some direction of what to look for in correcting these issues ?
16207898-DA6C-4EC6-BE6E-49DEB70915F2 (resized).jpeg16207898-DA6C-4EC6-BE6E-49DEB70915F2 (resized).jpeg6C44E67A-DB44-4581-A574-DBFCD87008C5 (resized).jpeg6C44E67A-DB44-4581-A574-DBFCD87008C5 (resized).jpeg2D79D0CA-F060-46CE-BDE9-945D7ABAB7F5 (resized).jpeg2D79D0CA-F060-46CE-BDE9-945D7ABAB7F5 (resized).jpeg

#2 4 years ago

I don't follow what's not working with your lights. Are you using these rules?:

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1683&picno=35040&zoom=1

Basically,
- completing the yellow rollovers lights up the left eject hole and one pair of 100 Additional lights
- completing the green rollovers lights up the right eject hole and the other pair of 100 Additional lights
- completing all yellow, green and red rollovers lights up the Rollovers Special When Lit light

On top of that, each completed set increases how often the Red Rollover Button light comes on. But there's also a Liberal/Conservative adjustment for the center rollover button, probably in the backbox near the Match Unit, that enables or disables that feature.

If you're not getting any credits awarded start by checking the 15th position switch on your replay unit. It needs to be closed for the Replay Unit to advance.

/Mark

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from MarkG:

I don't follow what's not working with your lights. Are you using these rules?:
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1683&picno=35040&zoom=1
Basically,
- completing the yellow rollovers lights up the left eject hole and one pair of 100 Additional lights
- completing the green rollovers lights up the right eject hole and the other pair of 100 Additional lights
- completing all yellow, green and red rollovers lights up the Rollovers Special When Lit light
On top of that, each completed set increases how often the Red Rollover Button light comes on. But there's also a Liberal/Conservative adjustment for the center rollover button, probably in the backbox near the Match Unit, that enables or disables that feature.
If you're not getting any credits awarded start by checking the 15th position switch on your replay unit. It needs to be closed for the Replay Unit to advance.
/Mark

That is the set of rules on my apron. My problem was that I was misreading the playfield. I never noticed the arrow coming down from the 100 Additional Points to the lower light. Instead, I was reading the Special When Lit and thinking “replay”, not extra points......lol. I wondered why it was giving me 300 points and my replays weren’t adding on. Thanks for getting that through my thick head !!!!

I’ll check out my replay unit in the morning in regards to the button between the bumpers and the all rollovers special.

Thanks again,
Denny

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/north-star-specials-replay-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.