View topic image gallery

psa_042.jpg
psa_040.jpg
psa_036.jpg
psa_038.jpg
psa_037.jpg
psa_039.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Thought i would give my No Fear pin a bit of a facelift with some Red, Yellow & Black markers.
Here are some before & after pics.
Lots of tapping with finger to kind of blend the Red into the Yellow.
Although it's not perfect it does look better than it did faded.

psa_039.jpgpsa_039.jpg psa_037.jpgpsa_037.jpg psa_038.jpgpsa_038.jpg psa_036.jpgpsa_036.jpg psa_040.jpgpsa_040.jpg

#2 11 years ago

I think that looks awesome, great job. I started doing the same to my Dredd a while back. I was using the standard fat sharpies and they seem to dry up fast.

#3 11 years ago

I was using Artline markers which kind of stay wet for about 10secs or so & gave me time to tap & blend.
I don't know if there available in the U.S.

#4 11 years ago

Looks really good! I need to do this to my No Fear that I picked up a few weeks ago. One side is completely faded, but the rest is in good shape. What product did you use exactly?

#5 11 years ago

Looks nice. Faded no Fear's look bad and looks like you found a good solution.

#6 11 years ago

Here are the markers i used, the chisel tips are the way to go as you can cover more area than the bullet tips. The Black & Red are 100's (chisel tips) & are 1 cm wide all round the Yellow is a 70 bullet tip but i just cut off the tip to where it was flat to get more coverage. I couldn't get a 100 in the Yellow so it took a little more time color in the areas that needed yellow.
If you happen to go out side the area your coloring in don't worry too much as the black on the cabinet hides it.
Also use in this order Yellow areas first, then Red then Black, If you try to color in Yellow around Red the Red will bleed & stuff it up so you could imagine what will happen if you try to color Red or Yellow around the Black plus it will affect the marker & you will need to use some paper or board to clean the tip.
Keep the pen strokes going in the same direction not back & forth especially with the Red as you will end up with much heavier areas than others.
If your going to blend color just finish slightly above or below area to be shaded (blended) & with your index finger tap vigoursly until desired effect is achieved.
Obviously wash your finger ever now & then when needed.
An alcohol based solution & a rag or 2 will also be handy so you can wipe off if your not happy with what you have done & you can do it again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/no-fear-cabinet-facelift and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.