Stripper.JPG
P1050508_(1280_x_1024).JPG
P1050507_(1280_x_1024).JPG
P1050506_(1280_x_1024).JPG
P1050504_(1280_x_1024).JPG
P1050503_(1280_x_1024).JPG
P1050502_(1280_x_1024).JPG
P1050501_(1280_x_1024).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 10 years ago

worst case scenario, you can always make a back door out of plywood... might be able to find one at a pin show fleamarket?

paint templates don't exist for em games, so you'll have to make your own... since you are handy with graphic arts, that's doable... there are a few threads on how to make templates, and clay has info on how to do them on the pinrepair site... www.pinrepair.com

you can probably remove the blue paint, and with any kind of luck, the original paint is still there underneath the blue...

there's also info on clay's site about how to properly repaint a cabinet...

cool game, and good luck... pics please! we like pics here...

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I didn't know they made an EM Kiss machine.

that caught me out at first too, but i think he's referring to a "san francisco"...

#9 10 years ago

hey alex... thanks for the heads up that stencils might be available... i know i could use a set for a game...

good point on the door... given dimensions, an hvac shop should be able to fabricate one... i shoulda thought of that...

chris

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I left my wallet, in San Franciscooo........................

you've been leaving your wallet in a lot of places lately...

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Speaking of which, I got the pics for Sunshine today. It looks very nice. Oh, what to do....

shot you a pm...

op, where are our pics????

#20 10 years ago

that transformer looks good to me... transformers are VERY hard to kill... they can be much uglier than that one and still work...

#21 10 years ago

and yup, removing the paint off of anything is a very slow process... unfortunately, there is no "easy way"... just kinda poke along at it little by little.... looking at the pics, you'll have plenty of other things to keep you busy when you need a break...

#24 10 years ago

alex, have you had any luck with brake cleaner on legs? i tried it on a set, and basically got nowhere with it. i know some people swear by it, maybe i used it wrong...

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Tulsa_Times:

Got some head bolts in it tonight and plugged it in. It came to life somewhat. Looks like most all the lights are good, but that may be about all I can say that's positive. It seemed as though it was stuck in reset mode, so I unplugged it.
I realize this is a bit of rhetorical/open-ended question, but how does one determine if a machine is worth fixing? I put together a quick parts list today and came up with a minimum of $175 in parts that it's going to need and that's before any of the cabinet re-do or any labor, assuming of course that I can do it myself. Is it worth it to have $300-350 invested in a machine that is only worth $425? I can see that if it had some historical, personal significance and/or market demand that it might be worth the effort but the math doesn't seem to work in my opinion. Maybe I should just flip it as is or part it out and make a few bucks if that's even a possiblity--???
Again, given that this is all new to me I appreciate any advice that you all can provide. From what I understand EM are the easiest machines to work on, so maybe I should learn how to read a schematic and cut my teeth and grow a set . . . but I also know that I need be careful what I wish for--LOL!!

do NOT part it out... if you don't want to put the work into it, offer it back up for the 50 you paid for it, someone will take it off your hands rather quickly...

to be honest, if you are even asking this question, em's are not for you...

sorry to be blunt... but once a machine is parted out, it is gone forever, and i'm not fond of flippers...

owning em's isn't about "making money"... yes, grow a set...

#33 10 years ago

i want to see more em owners... but i definitely do not want to see the disease that has infected the community of owners of *modern* machines be spread to the em world...

#35 10 years ago

@pin-it...

i'll try the aircraft stuff... worth a shot... thanks...

@alex...

dunno on the rust removal part, although it has gotten it off of brakes for me before, but brakes aren't chrome... just saw that someone had success with it, so i decided to try it... most of the other recommended methods i've come across end up costing as much as a new set of legs, so i had bought new ones for the two machines that had really bad legs... i may just paint the ones i'm working on now, chrome cleaner and elbow grease got me nowhere on them (which is why i tried the brake cleaner)... one thing is for sure, brake cleaner is noxious stuff...

couldn't agree more with the rest of your post...

#37 10 years ago

good luck...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/newbie-gets-first-em-barn-find-san-francisco?tu=ccotenj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.