Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,023 posts
  • 221 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by radium
  • Topic is favorited by 130 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240402_201304 (resized).jpg
    IMG_6452 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240323_195422_Patreon (resized).jpg
    IMG_2579 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2461.gif
    DA7DB7D4-4989-40B3-AFF5-727327207178 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1048.gif
    Pic 2 (resized).jpg
    Pic (resized).jpg
    Pic 1 (resized).jpg
    babysteps (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2441.gif
    IMG_2621 (resized).png
    IMG_2622 (resized).png
    IMG_2351.gif
    IMG_2314 (resized).jpeg
    There are 1,023 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.
    #1001 33 days ago

I would get a Funhouse if not for the Rudy head. It will be a DMD game now, not that you watch it while you’re playing anyway, but glad to see some sys 11 games will be remade. I’m sure their next one will be Whirlwind since they already did the 2.0 for it as well. I’m more apt to get one of those. Just waiting for the day when someone announces WH2O or TOTAN.

#1002 33 days ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Weird choice of game, not interested in that remake.
    Too expensive for the basic version too, compared to just buying a nice original for about half. I can't see this selling good.
    Also, why the heck did they release FH 2.0 kits and after like a year come out with this. This will most likely kill any interest for both old and future 2.0 kits if people think they might release remakes later on for the same games.
    So many strange decisions made...

HALF!?!? Have you looked at the archive prices???

#1003 33 days ago
    Quoted from MooButt:

I would get a Funhouse if not for the Rudy head. It will be a DMD game now, not that you watch it while you’re playing anyway, but glad to see some sys 11 games will be remade. I’m sure their next one will be Whirlwind since they already did the 2.0 for it as well. I’m more apt to get one of those. Just waiting for the day when someone announces WH2O or TOTAN.

System 11 games are being remade? Which ones?

#1004 33 days ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Code could be spruced up too. Maybe gameplay is perfect, but it could add modern touches like mode champ scores for all the modes, LITZ as a challenge mode option, cooperative or one-vs-many play, impossible mode. Maybe it could even also use the full original Twilight Zone song recording rather than a DCS FM synth recreation. And of course it could have improved dot graphics like the other titles. Overall there's quite a bit you could do to make a remake of TZ worthwhile.

TZ has pretty much perfect code...

#1005 33 days ago
    Quoted from chad:

Will Twilight Zone have the 3rd magnet installed?
    And the software for this as well.

Why wouldn’t they? If it’s indeed a CGC game I presume they would want to have the game be as close to what the original design team intended for the base game as they did for Cactus Canyon. But I’ll be surprised if a TZr is next for CGC. I’m waiting for Big Bang Bar.

#1006 33 days ago

I’m all for a TZ remake. TZ is on my short list of pins I want, so a NIB would be nice. But this seems like the last pin someone would want to remake as it is noted as the pin with the highest budget and patents. Seems like a lot of parts to remake vs other Bally/Williams pins in which you’re only gonna get so much money for

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/twilight-zone

“ The game is often noted to be the game with the most patents (however Pinball Magic by Capcom has more), the most toys and the most over-cost budget in the history of pinball.”

#1007 33 days ago
    Quoted from jfh:

Why wouldn’t they? If it’s indeed a CGC game I presume they would want to have the game be as close to what the original design team intended for the base game as they did for Cactus Canyon. But I’ll be surprised if a TZr is next for CGC. I’m waiting for Big Bang Bar.

CGC did not include the saloon doors in Cactus Canyon .

#1008 33 days ago
    Quoted from chad:

CGC did not include the saloon doors in Cactus Canyon .

True. I was thinking specifically of the drop targets and code. Though the original saloon doors were never as far along as the TZ third magnet.

#1009 32 days ago
    Quoted from Whistles:

One of my favorite parts of this machine was hearing that synth rendition of Golden earing...

I agree, but did you know TZ was supposed to be the first game with the DCS sound? The boards weren't ready in time so they quickly threw together the synth version of the guitar solo from the Golden Earring song for the game. The original DCS sound was much different and not nearly as good IMO. You can find it online if you're curious.

#1010 29 days ago

most up to date pricing info on the Funhouse remake

Standard: $7500
    Premium: $9000
    LE: $11,000

#1011 29 days ago

Still nothing official from Pedretti?

#1012 29 days ago

Patiently awaiting.

#1013 29 days ago

Nothing official yet. I would expect to see something very soon though. Should be interesting with Dutch being on the cusp of revealing their Alice in Wonderland game

#1014 29 days ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Let me preface this by saying I'd probably be in on a remake, but there's a lot of TZ mods that I would miss.
    The new Pinsound re-orchestration for TZ really knocked it out of the park:

I'd also miss the 86Pixels backboard monitor, IGT topper and GLM short switches on the upper PF to name a few.

This

is

amazing

#1015 29 days ago

Took a trip to Galloping Ghost yesterday to play Funhouse and Twilight Zone. Gotta say....they are both on my wish list now. I'd seriously consider buying both remakes. Of course, that means I need to sell 2 of my pins because I'm out of space (actually 3...because I'm 1 over right now). ugh.

#1016 29 days ago
    Quoted from Greaseman:

Took a trip to Galloping Ghost yesterday to play Funhouse and Twilight Zone. Gotta say....they are both on my wish list now. I'd seriously consider buying both remakes. Of course, that means I need to sell 2 of my pins because I'm out of space (actually 3...because I'm 1 over right now). ugh.

Nice!!

#1017 23 days ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

I'd be fairly tempted to get a TZ remake. The game is great, but I'm not really inclined to try to maintain 30 year old hardware or pay up big for a professionally reconditioned one. And modern engineering could vastly improve the trouble spots like the clock, bridge diverter, plunger lane diverter, sometimes-unreliable powerball sensors. (I wouldn't even object to replacing the entire mechanical clock with a small LCD screen.)
    Code could be spruced up too. Maybe gameplay is perfect, but it could add modern touches like mode champ scores for all the modes, LITZ as a challenge mode option, cooperative or one-vs-many play, impossible mode. Maybe it could even also use the full original Twilight Zone song recording rather than a DCS FM synth recreation. And of course it could have improved dot graphics like the other titles. Overall there's quite a bit you could do to make a remake of TZ worthwhile.

Funny, my TZ has been very reliable. I've owned it for 20 years. Minimal problems. Sure, the clock boards were troublesome, but modern replacements are available. Same for the PB sensor boards.

IMHO, the code is spot on too.

I'll take an original all day long. Same for MM, I'd rather have an original. At least I can service the boards when things do go bad...

#1018 23 days ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

I'll take an original all day long. Same for MM, I'd rather have an original. At least I can service the boards when things do go bad...

Don't take this for scripture but some of the early bally SS boards are "aging" out around this point, and many already kick'ed it if they had any long term temp swing exposure.

#1019 23 days ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

Funny, my TZ has been very reliable. I've owned it for 20 years. Minimal problems. Sure, the clock boards were troublesome, but modern replacements are available. Same for the PB sensor boards.
    IMHO, the code is spot on too.

Same here. I put off getting one because I was afraid it would be a maintenance nightmare like everyone says. It was no different than any other pin. The two things that cause the most problems are the clock and eddy sensors. Both are easy to deal with and those issues are not critical to gameplay.

#1020 23 days ago
    Quoted from Whistles:

Don't take this for scripture but some of the early bally SS boards are "aging" out around this point, and many already kick'ed it if they had any long term temp swing exposure.

Ahem.

No shortage of 70s and 80s Bally boards that are still trucking along just fine thanks.

20240402_201304 (resized).jpg20240402_201304 (resized).jpg
    #1021 23 days ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Ahem.
    No shortage of 70s and 80s Bally boards that are still trucking along just fine thanks.
    [quoted image]

I've had my fair share of extremely crusty old bally boards that either work fine or can be brought back to working with minimal service.

#1022 23 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I've had my fair share of extremely crusty old bally boards that either work fine or can be brought back to working with minimal service.

Biggest killer is battery puke, period. And all of them suffer from that regardless of brand or pretty much year.

People hooking up boards wrong, cracked headers or AMI chips a distant second.

#1023 22 days ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Yeah honestly the traces are so large on these I think they can be made to last for eternity, once the original battery is dealt with properly.

System9/11 is the first board where I'd really consider a repro rather than bother fixing a busted original, although even then I still have two games (F14 and SS) running fine with boards I repaired 10 years ago.

There are 1,023 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-williams-remake-manufacturer-coming/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.