(Topic ID: 118126)

Need Help: Coin Door Open Error, no High Voltage (flippers, ball launch, etc)

By gregdole7

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by gregdole7
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IL-switch.png
actuator 01-11791.jpg
IMG_5074.jpg
IMG_5072.jpg
IMG_5071.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gregdole7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hello guys,

I took delivery of my first pin today, a Demolition Man in pretty good shape. I was partial to this game as my dad bought it about 20 years ago so I grew up with it.

Anyway, The game isn't really functional at this point because the machine thinks the coin door is open (message on screen) and the flippers and ball launch do not work.

I understand the two white switches inside of the door are the culprit, with the top one cutting power to the high voltage.

When I hold that top switch in, everything works fine. Let go and flippers do not work, whether to door is open or closed.

Any ideas?

I also don't see how the door closing would physically touch press this switch, or any other mechanism that detects the door closing that I could check.

Thanks in Advance.

#4 9 years ago

Well, that is the problem, the plate you are talking about is not there, so when I close the door, nothing is hitting that switch.

Also, any idea what the unconnected wire is near those switches?

IMG_5071.jpgIMG_5071.jpg IMG_5072.jpgIMG_5072.jpg
#9 9 years ago

I have scoured the machine and do not see that plate anywhere. Looking at the screw holes, it does appear it was screwed in there at one point.

Are you guys saying if I just pull that switch out completely it will work? I don't want to lose the safety feature of the switch with young kids in my home, but it may suffice until Manny (who has been great to work with) comes up with a solution.

IMG_5074.jpgIMG_5074.jpg
#17 9 years ago

I looked for the yellow actuator as well, but it is missing too.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not missing. Your game doesn't need it because the high power interlock switch can be pulled out. So your game didn't come with one.
The yellow clip only came with a few titles that had the old switch that couldn't be pulled out.
LTG : )™

That's interesting as the Demo Man manual speaks of this part and has photos of it. Either way, thanks so much everyone for your help. Hope to get the Claw error issue resolved next.

#28 9 years ago

Disconnected all 4 cables from the top switch and it still does not work.

Any other ideas?

As I previously mentioned, high voltage works when the switch was pressed in.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisHibler:

He can play right now...IF he simply pulls that switch outward. I don't mean REMOVE the switch, I mean instead of pushing on the switch, pull on it.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com
http://webpges.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

Thanks for clarifying, Chris. When I read someone above state "pull it out", I thought that meant remove it. While that didn't made sense to me, that is what I thought you guys were saying and gave it a shot. When that didn't work, I resorted to the electrical tape fix mentioned above while I wait for a new coin door plate to arrive from my seller.

I will simply pull the switch first thing tomorrow and hopefully be on my way to toublesbooting my next problem: the retina scan not pushing my ball hard enough to get it out of the hole.

I do appreciate all the help, this has proven to be a valuable community in my entry to the hobby.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

4,690 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 81.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 85.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 40.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gregdole7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/need-help-coin-door-open-error-no-high-voltage-flippers-ball-launch-etc?tu=gregdole7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.