(Topic ID: 40634)

NASCAR- thoughts? It seems really fun...but

By shacklersrevenge

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I have to say I am not a NASCAR fan. I might have watched half an hour of a race once or twice in my life.
However, was wondering just how good is NASCAR, theme aside.
I first played one in a bar, back in 2007 and thought it was okay. Yesterday, I played a Dale JR that I've played a few times over the course of a year or so, and have to say, I have been really enjoying it. I'm really surprised how smooth it plays, it felt a lot like a pin2k. Being a Lawlor pin, it reminds me of Banzai run for some reason, but i'm also a big fan of how he designs.
Some of the shots are really smooth, fast, great little orbiting dual spinner, drops, captive ball, and some cool features like the weird ball launch...I really enjoyed some of the modes, especially where you bash the car for nice points and you also collect your modes there-

Am I crazy to consider this pin? I kept thinking while playing how it's priced so right as well, but the theme is just ...idk...Wishing it was Banzai Run 2!! lol

Fire away!

#3 11 years ago

No, not saying that would be a deciding factor at all. Just wondering how many people are actually fans vs not, that still think it's a great pin or really fun despite the theme, and wondering how well it would hold up or if it's just best suited for the coin drop every now and then. If it's just the theme that has kept pricing very reasonable and the game is great....

#10 11 years ago

Thanks- While the Dale JR edition is fancier, I prefer the stock cars translight over the dale face, even though it has to be the cheapest le ever made (currently, priced very affordable) It's really no different besides the trim, so a 2-2.4 regular sounds about right

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
Boards
PinSound

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shacklersrevenge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nascar-thoughts-it-seems-really-funbut?tu=shacklersrevenge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.