(Topic ID: 232576)

My life ended today - my complete pinball collection burnt down

By german-pinball

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Kripo Hagen_ „Es war Brandstiftung im Erdgeschoss“ _ wp.de _ HagenEN.pdf (PDF preview)
    IMG_5810 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5806 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5798 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5804 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5802 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20181228-145207_Chrome (resized).jpg
    PHOTO-2018-12-27-20-49-28 (1) (resized).jpg
    PHOTO-2018-12-27-20-49-28 (resized).jpg
    PHOTO-2018-12-27-20-49-28 (3) (resized).jpg
    PHOTO-2018-12-27-20-49-28 (2) (resized).jpg
    PHOTO-2018-12-27-17-03-57 (resized).jpg
    PHOTO-2018-12-27-16-58-09 - 4 (resized).jpg
    PHOTO-2018-12-27-15-06-22 - 3 (resized).jpg
    PHOTO-2018-12-27-15-06-21 - 2 (resized).jpg
    PHOTO-2018-12-27-15-06-21 - 1 (resized).jpg

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 5 years ago

The worst thing in my life happened today. Tonight our whole Pinball hall burnt completly down. ALL about 100 machines destroyed by fire and water. NOTHING to rescue, all gone, last 14 years gone ...

I do not even get the chance, to go into the house; an excavator has started to demolish the whole house because of collapse danger. I was not allowed, to rescue at least parts from the excavator shovel, backglasses, cabinets, just crushed ...

Floor ceilings broke through the house and destroyed everything. I friend of mine informed me this night, the hall is about 15 km away from my home.

NO insurence for the pinball machines ... I am completly down ... Why did that happen to me?

Tons of PCBs, plastics, Playfields, Hardware ... ALL AWAY forever ... My complete Gottlieb SYS1 collection including my loved AAAAA destroyed and gone forever.

You cannot imagine, how I feel today ... Only my little 9 year old son Ingo junior gives me strength and keeps me upright ... I could cry the whole night long ...

Nothing will remain of the house, my work from the last 14 years, all ended ...

Video from the fire Department:

https://www.facebook.com/BlaulichtREPORTHagen/videos/318094555503351/

https://www.facebook.com/BlaulichtREPORTHagen/videos/318094555503351/

PHOTO-2018-12-27-15-06-21 - 1 (resized).jpgPHOTO-2018-12-27-15-06-21 - 1 (resized).jpg

PHOTO-2018-12-27-15-06-21 - 2 (resized).jpgPHOTO-2018-12-27-15-06-21 - 2 (resized).jpg

PHOTO-2018-12-27-15-06-21 - 5 (resized).jpgPHOTO-2018-12-27-15-06-21 - 5 (resized).jpg

PHOTO-2018-12-27-15-06-22 - 3 (resized).jpgPHOTO-2018-12-27-15-06-22 - 3 (resized).jpg

PHOTO-2018-12-27-16-58-09 - 4 (resized).jpgPHOTO-2018-12-27-16-58-09 - 4 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

So sorry for your loss........but I'm glad you and your son are all right.

John

#3 5 years ago

Ughhhh... I'm so sorry. I'm absolutely gutted for you. Like John above said though, I'm glad you and your family are okay.

#4 5 years ago

Important thing is that you and your son are fine.
    Everything else is secondary.
    Very sorry to see this though.

#5 5 years ago

I am so sorry to hear this. Awful - thank goodness you and your family is safe.

#6 5 years ago

The pinball machines were just material things - feel blessed that your family is OK. When you feel down, think about how much they mean to you and to what you mean to them.

I suspect that over time, you will rebuild your material things -pinball machines, cars, pictures, etc. For now, feel blessed that everyone is fine. You have survived and will survive.

Sorry for your material loss.

#7 5 years ago

PHOTO-2018-12-27-17-03-57 (resized).jpgPHOTO-2018-12-27-17-03-57 (resized).jpg

PHOTO-2018-12-27-20-49-28 (1) (resized).jpgPHOTO-2018-12-27-20-49-28 (1) (resized).jpg

PHOTO-2018-12-27-20-49-28 (2) (resized).jpgPHOTO-2018-12-27-20-49-28 (2) (resized).jpg

PHOTO-2018-12-27-20-49-28 (3) (resized).jpgPHOTO-2018-12-27-20-49-28 (3) (resized).jpg

PHOTO-2018-12-27-20-49-28 (resized).jpgPHOTO-2018-12-27-20-49-28 (resized).jpg

#8 5 years ago

Oh no! Awful!

#9 5 years ago

Thank you all for your concern ...

As said, my family and me are physically OK ... we live in another town ... the pinball hall was a fromer factory building we especially bought for our pinball machines ...

However, our nerves are blan like never before ...

If I catch the bastard who did this to me, he will not be happy anymore ...

#10 5 years ago

That's awful - sorry to hear!

Why no insurance on the games though? Was the building not insured or just no contents insured? What about your own home insurance?

#11 5 years ago

Unbelievable, so sorry this happened. I am happy you and your family are ok.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

That's awful - sorry to hear!
    Why no insurance on the games though? Was the building not insured or just no contents insured? What about your own home insurance?

Building was insured, but not the contents

#13 5 years ago

I don't have words that will comfort you. I am sorry you suffered such a terrible loss.

LTG

#14 5 years ago

Terrible news any collectors worst nightmare. Hopefully you can find joy in the hobby again.

#15 5 years ago

Oh man, sorry to hear that Ingo!

Someone intentionally burned the building on you???

#16 5 years ago

OMG!!! That is terrible!
    How do they think the fire started?
    I'm glad that you and your family are okay and that this place was away from your physical home.
    This is just awful, I can't imagine how you must feel. Gutted I think you said is probably close...ugh...
    My heart goes out to you man...
    Keep us posted on what the fire department finds out

#17 5 years ago

Wow!!! Pinball Brother... so sorry to hear about your loss.

So happy to hear no one was hurt. Pins can be replaced, not family.

Our thoughts are with you and your family, during this stressful time.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

... Someone intentionally burned the building on you???

I do not know, but I think so. I have not been there for 1 year (little time), my friend sometimes looked for the hall. Complete electricity was always switched off, only on, when we were there. I exclude an electrical error 100%.

Luckily I have most of my electronic equipment for my pinball projects at home, also the Gerber-Files for my boards and all parts are here ... only the machines and many many WPC-95 boards ... nearly complete Gottlieb SYS 80 collection and my most loved Gottlieb SYS 1 machines ...

I am completly down ...

#19 5 years ago

Sorry to read and see this. Awful no matter what the contents of the home were.

#20 5 years ago

That is horrible. So sorry to hear

#21 5 years ago

Sorry to see this Ingo.
    I understand you put a lot into accumulating and caring for these games.
    Truthfully this is a loss to the entire hobby when a bulk of games like this is lost.
    I hope the upcoming New Year will provide you with a better outlook and fresh start.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from ChipScott:

How do they think the fire started?

Firemen think, that it was a car (!!!) that stood near the house and the car burnt ... BUT I do not believe that ... I ask myself, why the roof burnt first, though i was not there, I was informed 5 hours later, but I saw the video firemen posted on fachbook ... and I did not allow anybody, to park a car in this private ground ...

Police was there too ... I know, I will have the damage ... I do not want any money from insurance, I only want exactly my machines back ...

#23 5 years ago

Very sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you get some answers.

#24 5 years ago

Truly a devastating loss. So sorry to here this. As others have said just be glad no one was harmed.

#25 5 years ago

I feel your pain , brite side is this was not your house and collection together like most of us have

#26 5 years ago

So sad. Such a loss. I’m sorry.

#27 5 years ago

Oh my goodness...words cannot describe this loss, for you personally and for the hobby overall.

#28 5 years ago

Hope you start over.

#29 5 years ago

That is the saddest thing I have seen for some time. Sorry for your loss.

#30 5 years ago

So sorry my pinball brother!

I am happy your family is safe and no lives were lost.

#31 5 years ago

So sorry to hear about your situation -- Even though it is a physical loss of stuff it definitely strains the emotions.

Is is normal in Europe for firefighters to post a fire scene on facebook? Back in my firefighting days I don't think we ever would have considered posting people's tragedies online for others to see.

#32 5 years ago

I am so sorry. I can’t imagine how awful you must feel.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

So sorry to hear about your situation -- Even though it is a physical loss of stuff it definitely strains the emotions.
    Is is normal in Europe for firefighters to post a fire scene on facebook? Back in my firefighting days I don't think we ever would have considered posting people's tragedies online for others to see.

Must be be normal, in one picture the firefighter seems to be smiling for the picture.
    Sorry for the loss of your collection.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Not normal in Europe, but this was a report site of the police for information purposes only, not meant bad by them ...

#35 5 years ago

So sorry to hear this, a terrible loss. I'm glad you and your family are ok. I cannot even begin to imagine how you feel, I get its more than the machines, but also all the work you must have put into them...you become so attached to them. Hang in there.

#36 5 years ago

I forgot to say, that some rooms in the front of the house were leased, luckily these persons were all rescued. I just found a first report in the newspaper online here ... the pinball hall was more in the back of the building complex ...

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wp.de%2Fstaedte%2Fhagen%2Fmutter-und-fuenf-kinder-aus-mehrfamilienhaus-gerettet-id216088041.html%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR1oxJXAJ9rMP7LrE2m45V-orV27kySrSHTXGYfgn3TEywH_IuGxZbnaKYg

#37 5 years ago

No one got hurt is the silver lining. Building is insured, fantastic. You will take a loss on the pins but luckily you can afford it. Things could be much worse my friend. Sit down for a nice meal with your family and talk about how good you guys have it. Material stuff gets in the way, I'm glad nobody was hurt.

#38 5 years ago

Omg, I’m so sorry...weird thing is I literally have an application sitting on my desk for collectibles insurance. I think I may fill it out tonight now.

#39 5 years ago

I’m
    So sorry.

Wow.

#40 5 years ago

Ingo:

I am so sorry for you. You are one of the true gentlemen of this hobby and a brilliant creator.

This makes me very sad.

#41 5 years ago

I am sorry to hear of your loss, very happy that no one was hurt.

When I was sixteen my home burned to the ground And I moved in with my grandparents for awhile.

I lost everything material at that age. Except my family.

I'm glad you also did not lose anyone.

#42 5 years ago

My sincere condolences. I am always worried about that happening to me. It's very difficult to insure anything collectible. The insurance companies usually overcharge on the premium and underpay if anything bad happens.
    Seeing that ruined my whole evening, what a horrendous loss. There's really nothing anybody can say to make you feel better. So sorry.

#43 5 years ago

I’m so sorry. I truly wish this never happened. You can always rebuild you’re collection.

#44 5 years ago

Oh my

That's awful--very sorry to hear about your loss

-----

For anyone who does not have their collection and other valuables insured--do it today. Don't wait, don't say you'll get to it next week, do it now. It's not that expensive and it only takes a few minutes. Two insurance companies that seem to be able to cover collectibles are state farm and collectinsure.com. Make sure to ask about both fire and flood coverage. If you have off-site storage or storage units, those can be covered as well.

Often times, collectibles and other valuables are not included under the standard home/renter/building insurance, or they are only covered by a low cap of around $1000-$2000.

Be sure to note serial numbers and take photos of everything and put those in a safe place off-site, such as a safe deposit box. Get a USB flash drive to store the data, and update it every quarter. The insurance company won't need that info until you actually file a claim.

#45 5 years ago

Sorry for your loss. Thankfully no one was hurt. It’s only material things.

I just had all my insurance updated to proved agreed value on my machines. Had to take pics and gather all the paperwork. Quite a task.

When you rebuilt your collection be sure to insure.

#46 5 years ago

100 games, must be one of the largest private collections in Europe

i am sorry for the fire, but in a few days you will start thinking about rebuilding your collection

#47 5 years ago

Why no insurance? So sad.

#48 5 years ago

That really blows dude, sorry.

It’ll be fun putting together a collection again, in time.

#49 5 years ago

Sorry for your loss pinball brother.

#50 5 years ago

So sorry for your loss. This can happen to anyone, and so quick. I’m glad no one got hurt, but this is truly deviating.

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-life-ended-today-my-complete-pinball-collection-burnt-down and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.