(Topic ID: 3150)

More of my 1/12th scale pinball models

By Retro-Heart

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

025.JPG
    034.JPG
    030.JPG
    003.JPG
    016.JPG
    005.JPG
    004.JPG
    006.JPG
    001.JPG
    DSCF0175.JPG
    DSCF0174.JPG
    DSCF0173.JPG
    Model_Lineup1.jpg
    IMG_0768_(Medium).JPG
    016.JPG
    019.JPG
    There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 12 years ago

futurepinhead - sorry for the confusion, yes i got your e mail, and will continue conversation with you via that

northvibe - i can look into making pretty much any pinball table. Please e mail me at [email protected] to talk about it.

#102 12 years ago

Hey, just some pics of Shrek that i just completed for someone

I added a few of the new features i was working on, such as 3D playfield, lock bars etc

Also, i know it isnt pinball, but i completed a Bubble Bobble model with a real 1.5 inch LCD screen inside it, that shows the game playing on the screen ( you cant actually play the game yet, in case anyone asks lol )

sorry the photo is dark on Bubble Bobble but it was th best way to make the screen stand out for me when i was taking pics

// Error: Image 17245 not found // // Error: Image 17246 not found //

#103 12 years ago

Hey chaps. I have managed to complete work on about a dozen new style pinball models. I'm just waiting on the material for the new style legs to arrive, and I will post photos.

#104 12 years ago

More than excited for mine to arrive. I will be taking them to the Louisville Arcade Expo for everyone to see.

#105 12 years ago

I might have to order one of these for my desk at work... now only if they worked

#106 12 years ago

It wouldn't be good if it worked. My full size pin cannot be thrown with a SDTM drain.

#107 12 years ago

Cool stuff! The metal legs would be a BIG plus.

#108 12 years ago

I couldnt' wait for the legs to get here to take a few pics :

Picture_313.jpgPicture_313.jpg Picture_316.jpgPicture_316.jpg

#109 12 years ago

Couple More Photos as i progress with these ..

Picture_553.jpgPicture_553.jpg Picture_552.jpgPicture_552.jpg

#110 12 years ago

and ..

Picture_551.jpgPicture_551.jpg Picture_542.jpgPicture_542.jpg

2 months later
    #111 12 years ago

Wow, just blown away by your work! I am e-mailing you now.

1 month later
    #112 11 years ago

Hi guys, been a while since I updated here. Had loads going on here, but finally getting back into my workshop ...

Attached pics here of Avatar ( which is a brand new design i did for someone as a request ), and Captain Fantastic. I did previously make Capt. Fantastic, but this is now in the new style, with lockbar detailing, and lots of other little improvements.

Also attached pics of X-Men 6 Player. I know it's not a pinball model, but figured you guys might be interested in it. Its the largest model i have ever created.

010.JPG010.JPG 019.JPG019.JPG 016.JPG016.JPG

#113 11 years ago

Retro,

These are TOTALLY awesome. I was wondering if you could post some pics showing the playfield. I realize that most of these probably sit on a shelf somewhere that you couldn't see the pf, but I am curious as to whether you put in a 2d graphic of the pf, or actually 3d it.

Seriously thinking about ordering a TAF, TZ, and a request for a Cyclone.

Have you ever tried a ball bowler? I would love to have a model of that as well. Below is a photo:

IMG_0768_(Medium).JPGIMG_0768_(Medium).JPG

By the way, I think it is really cool how stoked you get about finding pinball machines in the wild. I guess it is one of those thing of living in the states that we have just accepted as normal. I am actually surprised when I look in an arcade and they DON'T have a pinball machine. It is great that you still have the WHOA! factor when you find one. Awesome!

#114 11 years ago

How big are these compared to say, a hand? I'm having a tough time picturing how big they are and if they would be desk friendly at work.

I'd like one, maybe 2 NGG, one for me and one for my dad. Pending size, but I think he'd like it.

#115 11 years ago

i have a couple of these and they are great, but i have had such a bad experience with Retro that i have to warn others. About a year ago i ordered 50 of these different toys. the money was sent, payment confirmed, then nothing. Waited about 30 days, he said they had been shipped, nothing. Waited another 30 days, again the responding email said they were shipped, nothing. About 3 months went by, with many emails in between assuring me that they were on there way, and finally i said i didn't want them anymore. Finally a box showed up with 4 units in it. They were packed in such a way that all 4 were destroyed. i sent him the pictures and asked where the others were (remember, i ordered 50). no responses.

finally i ended up taking the matter up with the credit card company and they refunded me the money. i never did get the other boxes, though retro kept telling me that they were shipped. every time i asked for a tracking number i would get some excuse that he wasn't at home, he would get it to me when he got there, he forgot.

all in all, i really like the product (even though they are paper and easily damaged, especially the legs) but i will never do anything with someone like this again. it was not worth all the hassle. i know many of you have ordered from him and are satisfied, but my experience was beyond acceptable.

i am not trying to persuade anyone not to buy these, just letting people know the experience i had.

#116 11 years ago

I got one off eBay of TAF. I'm not sure if it was from the same person, but I expected more than what I got for the $50 I paid. It is cute and fits in my hand, but made of balsa wood, very very fragile, and the cabinet colored in with a black magic marker. It's the closest I've got to a TAF though so it's on the shelf for now.

#117 11 years ago

Hi Chaps -

blondetail -- whatever you bought, it doesn't sound like one of my models. I prime my models , sand them, then put on two coats of black matt spray paint as a base.

nmeun87007 - very sorry to hear of a bad experience. I dont recall dealing with you, or the specific issue, but if you want to e mail me at [email protected] , or [email protected] , we can discuss ?

desertT1 - in relation to a hand ? well they stand nearly 6 inches tall x 6 inches long , so thats slightly bigger then a hand. if you want, this week when i get the chance, I can take a photo of a model with .. ummmm .. my hand in the shot ? ha ha

lordnorth - thanks so much for your kind comments. funnily enough i was just working on Cyclone as a new design im working on

#118 11 years ago

I ordered received 5 of them and the were crap. I contacted him and was informed the return them. I did and he informed me that he never received them. I found out that he did not sign for them and they were returned to me. Not worth all the energy and money expended. Be warned "chaps", you will be chumps.

#119 11 years ago

Dam that xmen brings back memories. Nice model *honk*

#120 11 years ago

I have bought a few of these models, and here in the UK I have had no problems with delivery. They have always arrived intact in a strong cardboard box full of those little curly foam peanut things. The legs are folded card and fragile, but do look realistic. Remember chaps, these aren't toys for kids to play with, they are models for display only...

Retro, I notice that you have added a much thicker siderail and lockdown bar to the latest models. I must say that I dislike the change and it just doesn't look right. I bought a Shrek model with this change of style, and along with the incorrect green on the backbox it is nowhere near as good as the previous models.

A line-up of my models attached:

Model_Lineup1.jpgModel_Lineup1.jpg

#121 11 years ago
    Quoted from Outlane-Avoider:

A line-up of my models attached:

Outlane... Could you put a 12oz Coke can in the photo to give some idea of scale? You photo reminds me of the twilight zone episode where they were locked in some kind of cell and in the end it turns out it was a cardboard box.

Retro... How about photos of the playfields?

#122 11 years ago

Ha! These are all arranged on top of a bookcase. I didn't want you all to see my Geeky Sci-Fi book collection. An uncropped photo giving a better impression of scale included. A couple of pictures of the playfields also here. I had to clean the perspex "playfield glass" of dust before photographing them, just like on the real thing!

I had the same lack of an idea of scale when I bought my first model (the TZ). I was going to use it as a topper with a similar sized doll figure playing it, but it was far too small for this to work when it actually arrived.

DSCF0173.JPGDSCF0173.JPG DSCF0174.JPGDSCF0174.JPG DSCF0175.JPGDSCF0175.JPG

#123 11 years ago

I'm interested in a MM & AFM Shoot me a pm on those 2 shipped to 89052 Henderson NV USA please.

#124 11 years ago

hey guys, RH is a good friend of mine, however i have tried to sway him away from balsa in the past to a harder wood, its not suitable for him as he has such large orders, he has an ebay shop to run and all these orders - I myself make arcade models but i make mines from basswood and i can tell you its HARDER to model with and takes three times the amount of time to make them from balsa wood. I dont however make pinball models, only video arcade models.

He's a good guy....

#125 11 years ago

Why would i want to cheapify my collection by buying these poorly constructed, misaligned imaged, carboard cut outs? I'm sorry, but you're going to have to try harder than these efforts to pique my interest.

In this day and age, quality is everything. Push the boat out and do yourself proud. Like this guy:

Imagine being the first to bring a fully working pinball machine model to the world? Now thats what you want to be remembered by. Not some cheap ass balsa wood and crappy, poorly cropped inkjet printouts. I mean, at least get the outlines cut properly on the legs dammit.....

Surely i cant be the only one who thinks this?

#126 11 years ago

That star wars is awesome, but the guy obviously knows electronics aswell as how to model, i looked into getting higher quality images professionally printed for my models but it was going to cost £25 per sheet of A4 so for us hobbyists thats out of the question (especially on my budget!)

And considering the fact that RH makes his in bulk also makes it unfeasible for him to get higher quality prints, as much as we wish we could!

#127 11 years ago

maf-mi - Not sure what your talking about there buddy, saying i deliberately didnt sign for a return. If you want to PM me we can discuss and i can make sure all is well for you.

Outlane Avoider - thanks so much for posting the pics, wicked to see the models " in situ " ... funny you said you prefer the original style to the new improved lockbar style, but i appreciate your POV for sure. 99% of people have said the new style lockbar is much neater and better looking.

subzero - bless ya me old mucka !!! thanks for your kind words :-

Russo121 - eeek, did I P*ss in your cornflakes or something ? thanks for the feedback either way ... arrghhh you've hurt my feelings LOL ... to be fair mate, I am not making my models or any of the miniatures i do in my workshop to be "remembered " for , i just do it to get by ya know

#128 11 years ago
    Quoted from Outlane-Avoider:

Ha! These are all arranged on top of a bookcase. I didn't want you all to see my Geeky Sci-Fi book collection. An uncropped photo giving a better impression of scale included. A couple of pictures of the playfields also here. I had to clean the perspex "playfield glass" of dust before photographing them, just like on the real thing!
    I had the same lack of an idea of scale when I bought my first model (the TZ). I was going to use it as a topper with a similar sized doll figure playing it, but it was far too small for this to work when it actually arrived.

You put a ruler in the pic that shows inches. You guys have no use for inches!!

#129 11 years ago
    Quoted from Chudmeat:

You put a ruler in the pic that shows inches. You guys have no use for inches!!

I'm ancient enough to have been taught measurements in feet and inches at school...

We changed over to all that new fangled European metric nonsense in the UK soon afterwards.

3 months later
    #130 11 years ago

Hey Chaps, I'm still on with these, but I'm searching for someone who might be able to help with graphics for new models. I could do a system whereby if someone does the graphic for me, i can make them that model in return ?

#131 11 years ago
    Quoted from Retro-Heart:

Hey Chaps, I'm still on with these, but I'm searching for someone who might be able to help with graphics for new models. I could do a system whereby if someone does the graphic for me, i can make them that model in return ?

Not only do you want to sell your crap here, but you need to steal the artwork. Pinsiders, be warned!!!

#132 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whizzer:

Not only do you want to sell your crap here, but you need to steal the artwork. Pinsiders, be warned!!!

A bit harsh....

R_H,
    Have you ever tried doing a topper for these. Like CV for example?
    I like them! Could use a little CV for my desk at work!

Keep up the good work

#133 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tweedlefuzz:

A bit harsh....
    R_H,
    Have you ever tried doing a topper for these. Like CV for example?
    I like them! Could use a little CV for my desk at work!
    Keep up the good work

I've never dealt with R_H personally, but I've had friends that have had less-than stellar dealings with this vendor. It might be worth researching if you haven't done so yet. Of course, a few people have had gooddealings with this vendor as well.

#134 11 years ago

I've recently ordered 2 of these as presents for my mom after she saw my other mini TAF done by someone else. I've paid and have no tracking # or info past that, so if/when I receive them I'll let people know how the transaction went.

1 week later
    #135 11 years ago

hey whizzer, are you my stalker ? how would someone doing art work for me, be me stealing their art work ???

if you have had an issue with me in the past im not aware of it. PLEASE e mail me at [email protected] and ill rectify any concern or issue you may have. can't say fairer then that mate.

I will say that in the past year my wife has sadly been in and out of hospital after having a massive heart attack rather suddenly. apparently its a rare genetic condition, and so the last year has been really tough for me. not complaining or asking for sympathy.

I find it funny with people on forums and such .. whizzer, you seem to have time to post things online about me and how horrible I am, yet you could use that time to get in touch with me and actually voice your concerns ?

PM me your phone number and i am happy to call you. cheers

#136 11 years ago

As promised...

I paid for the 2 I ordered on 9/8, didn't hear from him so PMed him yesterday, he responded with a timeline, and they were on my front porch yesterday when I got home. They are cute and decently well-made, but like a few have said won't be winning any big time awards. For sitting on a shelf, they'll do just fine. I had gotten a TAF mini from another source that had a layered playfield with raised ramps that looked more realistic, but these are overall nicer. I just wish the legs weren't paper because despite being packed well they were already bent. I was worried after all the buyer beware posts, but this time it worked out fine for me. I haven't had time to take pics but they look just like they do on the website.

#137 11 years ago
    Quoted from Retro-Heart:

Hey chaps. I have managed to complete work on about a dozen new style pinball models. I'm just waiting on the material for the new style legs to arrive, and I will post photos.

I can't wait to see your pictures

#138 11 years ago

thanks so much blondtall, really appreciate the kind words and nice feedback.

seriously, I am easily contactable thru pinside PM or via my e mail which is plastered all over various forums. I also freely give me phone number out to customers and regularly ask customers for their numbers if there is ever an issue.

its amazing still to me that people wont talk to me on the phone, but they will jump on a forum and talk rubbish about me. whats that all about ? people will often type things on a forum that they would never say in real life. hmmmm

8 months later
    1 week later
    #140 10 years ago

hey chaps, thought i might as well update this, to get some more feedback

really went back to the drawing board on these, and developed the idea somewhat. I now make my models with 3d playfields, and other extra stuff that i never put on before, like plungers and buttons etc. I also install little sound systems and speakers inside them too, so they make the real sounds of the games.

here is a youtube video i uploaded of a creature from the black lagoon model i am pretty proud of

also will attach a few newer images

001.JPG001.JPG 006.JPG006.JPG 004.JPG004.JPG

#141 10 years ago

oh, and to policano, yes i can do whirlwind

005.JPG005.JPG

#142 10 years ago

Can't say I'm a huge fan of the side rails and lockbar areas

#143 10 years ago

those are awesome I would imagine one would need a steady hand

#144 10 years ago

another video ..

#145 10 years ago

Sweet man! How about Williams Indiana Jones, and Bally Game Show? Cash in hand!

2 weeks later
    #146 10 years ago

few more pics ...

030.JPG030.JPG 034.JPG034.JPG 025.JPG025.JPG

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-of-my-112th-scale-pinball-models/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.