(Topic ID: 3150)

More of my 1/12th scale pinball models

By Retro-Heart

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

025.JPG
    034.JPG
    030.JPG
    003.JPG
    016.JPG
    005.JPG
    004.JPG
    006.JPG
    001.JPG
    DSCF0175.JPG
    DSCF0174.JPG
    DSCF0173.JPG
    Model_Lineup1.jpg
    IMG_0768_(Medium).JPG
    016.JPG
    019.JPG
    There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 12 years ago

Hey Rascal_H --- I take custom requests so I am sure i could make a Demolition Man for you if you want to get in touch

Well, I have been hard at work on many new designs .. will show you the first couple now ...

Picture_001.jpgPicture_001.jpg Picture_009.jpgPicture_009.jpg Picture_011.jpgPicture_011.jpg Picture_015.jpgPicture_015.jpg Picture_022.jpgPicture_022.jpg Picture_025.jpgPicture_025.jpg

#52 12 years ago

That centaur is sweet!! Can't wait to get it

#53 12 years ago

Thanks very much, really appreciate your kind words!

Picture_021.jpgPicture_021.jpg

#55 12 years ago

I would love to see a swords of fury, Robo War, Atlantis(bally), Tron LE. I may just have to commision them from you once I get done dealing with my current issues.

#56 12 years ago

Can you do a TSPP?

#57 12 years ago

Hey Guys

I can certainly look into if these are possible to create for you ?

#59 12 years ago

Just a couple more pics ...

Picture_082.jpgPicture_082.jpg Picture_079.jpgPicture_079.jpg Picture_081.jpgPicture_081.jpg Picture_076.jpgPicture_076.jpg Picture_070.jpgPicture_070.jpg

#60 12 years ago

I came in late! What are these made of? How do you put them together? How big are they?
    Very cool! I want the Xenon!

#61 12 years ago

Hey spfxted - thanks for your comment.

These are made in exact 1/12th scale - whereby every "foot" in measurement from the full size item is reduced to one " inch" in modelling terms, so if something stood 6 foot tall in "real life " , the 1/12th scale model of it would be 6 Inches tall. Hope that makes sense.

I make them from High ( and hard ) Grade Modelling wood. Every model bespoke hand made from scratch. Once the woodwork / carpentry side is complete and prime, sand and paint the woodwork, and decorate it with custom glossy decals , and i use model making acetate to represent the glass over the playfield.

Hope that explains. If you visit my Blog site at www.retro-heart.blogspot.com , there is a page called " How I Create " which explains in more detail what i do to make each model.

#62 12 years ago

Wow! Seriously considering an Elvira one. Do you take paypal?

#63 12 years ago

Thanks for the explanation! VERY cool! Yeah, do you take PayPal?--Ted

#64 12 years ago

Oops! Just went to your site. PayPal yes! Thanks!

#65 12 years ago

oops, I also should have looked harder- paypal it is!

#66 12 years ago

I'm getting the Xenon.
    (maybe in December...Centigrade 37!)

#67 12 years ago

Great looking stuff!

1 week later
    #68 12 years ago

Sorry for the delay in my reply guys, but I am now sure i have spoken to you both in e mail about pay pal by now.

I have a bunch of even more new designs just completed - will post up some photos this week

#69 12 years ago

He said my Xenon is in the mail! I'll post pix when it comes in!

#70 12 years ago

spfxted - Can't wait to see the pics

#71 12 years ago

Hopefully within a week...

#72 12 years ago

Hey Chaps

Just a little update / call for encouragement LOL

I have a customer who collects older pins and also mechanical games, I am talking to him about attempting some of these in 1/12th scale ..

There are about a dozen i am going to make for him, but i wanted to share the first two, and hopefully show you guys a behind the scenes report as i progress through the design stages all the way to the finished bespoke custom work

The first one is the 1963 midway Raceway, which i cant wait to make, totally fascinated by the mechanical 3d display area housed within the backboard, and totallt stoked to be making this

Second is the 1957 Williams Ten Pins, which to be honest is going to be a total killer to design, but i cant resist.

raceway1.jpgraceway1.jpg rock.jpgrock.jpg

#73 12 years ago

Wow, that looks like it's going to be tough! Good luck!

#74 12 years ago

Thanks!

The full list looks like this -

1963 Midway Race Way
    1940 keeney deluxe texas leaguer
    1957 Williams Ten Pins
    1935 Rockola Army Navy
    1934 Rockola World's Series
    1933 Rockola World's Fair Jigsaw

These are definately the most complex models i have done yet, but it should prove to be interesting at the very least.

#75 12 years ago

These things look very cool. One could have a pin in every room of the house!

#76 12 years ago

I hope to have some shots of the completed Raceway later today. It has been a big challenge to say the least

#77 12 years ago

ok, here we go ...

Picture_121.jpgPicture_121.jpg Picture_122.jpgPicture_122.jpg Picture_099.jpgPicture_099.jpg Picture_103.jpgPicture_103.jpg Picture_100.jpgPicture_100.jpg

#78 12 years ago

Also..

Picture_117.jpgPicture_117.jpg Picture_115.jpgPicture_115.jpg Picture_113.jpgPicture_113.jpg Picture_109.jpgPicture_109.jpg

2 weeks later
    #79 12 years ago

Hey chaps, any thoughts on what i should take on next ?

#80 12 years ago

I'll send you an email - but I'm considering a repro for each of my three machines. It probably won't before end of the year

#81 12 years ago

I will look forward to hearing from you buddy

1 month later
    #82 12 years ago

I have an update on my work!

I have been hard at work developing a "deluxe" and more advanced version of these models. It is definately something i could not have even attempted just two years ago when i started in my workshop.

The new deluxe models will feature ture 3D detailing on the playfields, proper roll bar detailing sitting on top of glass playfield, plunger, and re-worked backboard section.

I have also ordered some sheet steel which is for professional fabricating. I am going to *attempt* to create some genuine metal legs to complete the "deluxe " version

I have a Medievil Madness Deluxe prototype all built, and just waiting on it's new legs.

I will post up pics as soon as it is ready.

Also, don't know if there are any video game cabinet fans here, but i am also working on a version of my video cabinet models that houses a tiny LCD screen , which is basically a photo viewer, showing a slideshow of 80 images from whatever game it is, giving the impression of a real video monitor inside.

Sorry for rambling, i just seem to be very enthusiastic about my model making right now !

#84 12 years ago

Definitely a great direction to go in, might I suggest you bump up your scale on the deluxe from 1/12 to 1/10 ? This would make the looks more finely detailed, I think, but whatever you decide, I'm a huge fan..

#85 12 years ago
    Quoted from Retro-Heart:

I have an update on my work!
    I have been hard at work developing a "deluxe" and more advanced version of these models. It is definately something i could not have even attempted just two years ago when i started in my workshop.
    The new deluxe models will feature ture 3D detailing on the playfields, proper roll bar detailing sitting on top of glass playfield, plunger, and re-worked backboard section.
    I have also ordered some sheet steel which is for professional fabricating. I am going to *attempt* to create some genuine metal legs to complete the "deluxe " version
    I have a Medievil Madness Deluxe prototype all built, and just waiting on it's new legs.
    I will post up pics as soon as it is ready.
    Also, don't know if there are any video game cabinet fans here, but i am also working on a version of my video cabinet models that houses a tiny LCD screen , which is basically a photo viewer, showing a slideshow of 80 images from whatever game it is, giving the impression of a real video monitor inside.
    Sorry for rambling, i just seem to be very enthusiastic about my model making right now !

the ulcd-144 from 4dsystems that is used in the Tron arcade mod to give that video for the pinball mod may work great for you. Small and pretty decent screen.

http://www.4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=120

#86 12 years ago

Thanks for the kind and enthusiastic feedback guys

I think i need to stay at 1/12th scale. It is a standard miniature scale, and I am so used to working in that scale, i think it could blow my brains up to attemptt a different scale.

I managed to get quite a bit of detailing onto the 3d playfield in the 1/12th scale.

I am also trying to figure a way to get some little LED's behinmd the backboard and under the playfield to light the pinball models up too.

Unfortunately i broke my camera at the weekend. I just ordered a new one, so as soon as it comes I will start sharing the latest photo's of development with you

#87 12 years ago

Can't wait to see the deluxe. I definitely will buy some of these in the near future. Will wait to see this new version

#88 12 years ago

Right,

I am still waiting for the sheet metal that i will make the new style metal legs out of, but I have taken some photos of the tables minus the legs.

The photos shows the new style backboard, the lock bar, plunger and you can also kind of see the 3d playfields in these photos. Im going to take some pics of the playfields before the glass goes on top, cos im having trouble taking a good photo of the playfield looking through the glass.

anways, here are first stage prototype photos of Indiana Jones , BTTF and Med Madness

would love some feedback

all the best

#89 12 years ago

arrghhh, for some reason the site wont let me upload pics.

When i try an upload them it says

"You need to actually submit some content!

Back to Pinside Pinball Forum. "

any thoughts ?

#90 12 years ago

write some words in the box before you upload, cheers

#91 12 years ago

Hey, thanks, i did have text in the box.

Hopefully this works now -

// Error: Image 16890 not found //

#92 12 years ago

I did have text in the box. I was well tired and probably being stupid

Hopefully this works -

Picture_189.jpgPicture_189.jpg Picture_194.jpgPicture_194.jpg

#93 12 years ago

Love your work, email sent.

#94 12 years ago

These are working models right? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Also, while you are making mine, please post pics of the process. I would like to see what all goes into these.

#95 12 years ago

Hey futurepinhead

working models ? LOL .. now that *would* be amazing !!!

Did you e mail about Elvira and Bride of Pinbot ?

Yes, i think that would be pretty cool to do a sort of construction log kind of thing. Yes will do.

#96 12 years ago

Have you had any copyright issue's building these replicas?

#97 12 years ago
    Quoted from Retro-Heart:

Thanks for the kind and enthusiastic feedback guys
    I think i need to stay at 1/12th scale. It is a standard miniature scale, and I am so used to working in that scale, i think it could blow my brains up to attemptt a different scale.
    I managed to get quite a bit of detailing onto the 3d playfield in the 1/12th scale.
    I am also trying to figure a way to get some little LED's behinmd the backboard and under the playfield to light the pinball models up too.
    Unfortunately i broke my camera at the weekend. I just ordered a new one, so as soon as it comes I will start sharing the latest photo's of development with you

how big is 1/12 arcade cabinet? Is it like the size of the Tron pinball machine arcade toy? As the ulcd-144 fits inside it....

#98 12 years ago

Can I request a Tron LE ?

#99 12 years ago

My email was for tftc and wh2o

#100 12 years ago

Pretty sure I bought an IJ from you yesterday. Saving up for the real thing here.

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-of-my-112th-scale-pinball-models/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.