Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JPloof
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drano.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 9 years ago

Hell... you can even buy an XMLE for substantially less than the MMR. I have one for sale right now

I do love the humour in MM and the game flow is great. It will feel good to the novice player and also has enough depth for a more seasoned person. Not getting it until next year though...

XM is fun and has tons of toys (XMLE has a few more of course) and the modes are just great. I love that the game has so many great combos and now, with Deadpool, those combos have a real purpose.
The downside is that the shots are very tight and the magnets/spinning disc really add a lot of variables. It can be frustrating at first for the novice... at least until you get really used to the tight shots and rules.
I love that you can approach two different wizard modes by either playing villains or heros... or both.
In terms of depth, I think XM is up there with the best of them. A very underrated pin IMO

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

MM all the way IMO But I am a Williams fan what can I say. I did not like the big figurines in XM looked kind of cheep to me sorry.
MHO Rob

I wonder if people had similar reactions to Rudy or Red & Ted, the Ringmaster, genie and magic lamp in TOTAN etc...?
I think almost all pinball toys look a bit cheap IMO. It's part of making them durable. As pinball figures go, the ones in XM are custom and fairly well modelled. They would benefit from some better paint jobs, but that's about it. The more I play the game the more balanced they seem to me. Better than the actual kids' toys they threw into LOTR or TRON

I'm not a Stern fanboy by any stretch of the imagination... but don't get me started on some of the stuff Williams put out. Have you seen the dracula (aka Ron Jeremy in carbonite) figure in BSD?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Drano.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-or-xmen-pro?tu=Drano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.