Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 863 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190414_124139 (resized).jpg
    20190414_004433 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8020 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8019 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7966 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0121 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0120 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113734 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113626 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_114021 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20190419_114047 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    trophy 001 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mpm262.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#380 5 years ago

FYI ... The Bucks first playoff game was just scheduled for a 6pm start time on Sunday.

The Fond Du Lac avenue exit is going to be slammed heading east around 4-5pm up until tip off. Typically heading west bound around game start time you should be OK; however, if you stick around later and don’t leave until sometime between 8-9pm when the game is over you might want to drive north and get on 43 at the north avenue on ramp.

If you try to use the Fond Du Lac on ramp when the game is letting out you are going to be sitting in quite a bit of traffic cop controlled traffic.

#480 5 years ago

My brother's work schedule got changed for tonight at the last minute and now he is free for Friday night. We didn't want to buy tickets ahead of time for the preview assuming he wouldn't be able to make it, regretting that decision now.

If anyone's plans changed and they have tickets for sale for tonight's Friday night preview shoot me a text at 608 216 3674. I am hoping for three tickets for the two of us and my wife to all be able to attend.

#561 5 years ago

Where were the alternative beer options being served? The only thing I saw was blue moon and cider in the main food court area across from Ian’s pizza.

I thought the event was run excellent today. Minimal lines on everything.

Whoever got Eric Bischoff to come to the event, great idea. My wife who has zero interest in pro wrestling was fascinated by his interview and the details he gave with regards to the business side of WCW in the 90s. He was also very nice and personable during his meet and greet autograph session.

#755 5 years ago
    Quoted from leonml:

If many hate the city of mke, Chicago would be a real treat then? Not exactly. I deal with Chicago enough for work. The last thing i want to deal with is Chicago for a place im spending for fun.
    There's plenty of people who can't stand mke and absolutely hate Chicago and most the people from Chicago, they have had the displeasure of meeting are as bad as the place they live.
    I know plenty of people who share that opinion.

Last I checked, Milwaukee and Chicago are the most populous cities of their respective states. It seems to me that plenty of people do in fact enjoy being in large cities and living in cities. What exactly is your beef with these cities that you and your fellow comrades have other than “you can’t stand them”.

Being in the city opens up the event to a larger audience and offers you plenty of activities to attend outside of the festival while you are in the area. There are plenty of alternative food and drink establishments within walking distance of the Wisconsin Center. Plenty of others mentioned concerts or comedy shows they were attending during the weekend and you could have also gone to the Bucks game after the show Sunday.

In my opinion, its seems like MGC has a lot more of a crowd for retro video games and non pinball related items at this point. There were lots of vendors for non pinball related items, and much larger crowds in those areas also.

The hard truth you probably need to realize is that while pinball is popular and might be your passion; video games are WAY more popular and enjoyed by the masses. Pinball is still a niche hobby and will probably always be due to the high cost of ownership. MGC isn’t run with only the pinball community in mind and as such, this isnt your festival to attend. There is nothing wrong with that if you don’t like it and don’t want to attend; but, a lot of your comments come off as complaints an entitled millennial would make and not constructive criticism. There is a reason you were singled out on this forum and no one else that offered constructive criticism was.

You take offense to everyone saying you should run your own festival, but, then make an excuse that your schedule is too busy. In life you are either part of the problem or part of the solution. If you are not interested in the time and effort to put together a show that suits your interests exactly, don’t expect someone else to do it for you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mpm262.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2019?tu=mpm262 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.