Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 863 posts
  • 169 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jazman
  • Topic is favorited by 24 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190414_124139 (resized).jpg
    20190414_004433 (resized).jpg
    IMG_8020 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8019 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7966 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7965 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0121 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0120 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113734 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_113626 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190419_114021 (resized).jpg
    MVIMG_20190419_114047 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    trophy 001 (resized).JPG
    There are 863 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.
    #351 5 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

Nope, but if you bring a game, you can play into the wee hours at the after party.

They also offer the paid alternative afterparty at garcade. Good option for those that don’t bring hames

#352 5 years ago

Huzzah! Not dead passing through Minnesota! Parked in the dells till Friday morning now.

Had a couple real close calls, the ice on I90/94 today was no joke. Be careful people.

#353 5 years ago

Whew. I was worried. A friends friend had a trackor trailer take out cars in front of them on 90-94 heading the other way. Glad your safe.

#354 5 years ago

Today for me was far worse than the drive home last year. Almost the entire time on I90/94 today was rain or sleet, and it kept hovering above and below freezing. So ice appeared and disappeared with no warning, with a steady 30-40mph head wind.

Supposed to be worse Thursday.

If anybody is planning this route, and I80 is a reasonable alternate, I’d suggest staying on the south route.

#355 5 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Today for me was far worse than the drive home last year. Almost the entire time on I90/94 today was rain or sleet, and it kept hovering above and below freezing. So ice appeared and disappeared with no warning, with a steady 30-40mph head wind.
    Supposed to be worse Thursday.
    If anybody is planning this route, and I80 is a reasonable alternate, I’d suggest staying on the south route.

Glad you are keeping it on the road - safe travels

#356 5 years ago

If I'm staying at SpringHill Suites, whats my cheapest option for parking for the weekend?

#357 5 years ago

What days and times will Butch Patrick be signing stuff?

#358 5 years ago

Pincades
    Figured I should put up a list. Original pac man x 2
    Extremely nice DK (boards been converted to 60-1 by previous owner ) original Nintendo monitor
    Eagle shot golf
    Hydro thunder sit down (if presold or someone else has a single with same version we can link them)
    Sega Power Drift
    Original House of the Dead
    Raven pinball with led's
    F-14 tomcat Pinball custom coin door and leds
    Slugfest with new topper, leds and card catcher
    As well as there is still time till I am in route! Things may change LOL

See you fellas later or in the AM.
    Everyone have safe travels

Pincades
    JT

#359 5 years ago

Will MGC have Wi-Fi?

#360 5 years ago

Hello everyone, we just wanted to put a quick post up and let everyone know that we will be in the Stern/Marco booth as the official MGC distributor teaming up with Marco to bring you over 50 new out of the box pinballs set up on Freeplay including the New Black Knight Pro and Premium. Most of these games are all pre-sold and there is a small handful of games available at the show brand new out of the box that will be available through us at a very nice discount. Unlike most of the pre-sold games, these remaining games it is not absolutely necessary you take the game home with you. We will have the means to transport it back to our facility and ship it or deliver it locally in the Chicago area for you. PM or text me for details please. I will try to watch my inbox this weekend.... you can PM or text at 630-792-8910 or email me at [email protected] for specific details of the titles available yet and pricing. There is only a handful of games available. We will also have a small amount of games available from Chicago Gaming, Jersey Jack and American Pinball as well. Here's your last chance to get in on very nicely discounted brand new games! These games will only have the plays on them from the show. We are opening the boxes up today.

We'll also have a slew of stern accessories for sale along with brand new playfield glass (both standard and HD) along with a few other goodies.

For those of you who we have not had the pleasure to meet please stop by the booth and say hello to myself and Mark.

See everybody up there and have a safe journey wherever you're traveling from. A little Breezy out there today

Please visit www.hemispheresamusements.com for latest new and used inventory.

#361 5 years ago

Here’s my “loaded up” picture. Now I have to kill an hour and a half.

9969DDFE-3D78-4806-AA8F-4B521382A4FC (resized).jpeg9969DDFE-3D78-4806-AA8F-4B521382A4FC (resized).jpeg
    #362 5 years ago
    Quoted from LapsedGamer:

If I'm staying at SpringHill Suites, whats my cheapest option for parking for the weekend?

I just used their valet parking last year. It was reasonable and easy.

#363 5 years ago
    Quoted from cletus:

I just used their valet parking last year. It was reasonable and easy.

same

it was nice to use and easy and relatively cheap since I park once and leave the car in one spot for the whole weekend

#364 5 years ago

I think with all the anticipation of BKSOR and JJP new pin, if the power grid does not fail there maybe structural damage to the building. I know I can't wait!!

#365 5 years ago

Is the vendor hall opening at 9/9:30ish am again for pre-sale ticket holders on Saturday? Just trying to figure out when to show up

#366 5 years ago

FYI, if you’re going south on 6th, the left turn to the ramp is blocked.

If you get off on kilbourne, go straight and come around the block.

#367 5 years ago

Travel warning : we just had a hail ice storm here in Madison. 9:00 am. It's stopped but likely heading to Milwaukee next.

#368 5 years ago

Six months until Expo!!!

Now THAT'S an event!!

#369 5 years ago

I called the Hyatt and they stated parking in the ramp is $18 a day. I noticed the Hilton has MGC rate of $9 a day, considering parking there, anyone know how to take advantage of the show rate? Once i park i generally don't leave for the weekend.

#370 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fortytwo:

I called the Hyatt and they stated parking in the ramp is $18 a day. I noticed the Hilton has MGC rate of $9 a day, considering parking there, anyone know how to take advantage of the show rate? Once i park i generally don't leave for the weekend.

Last year I stayed at the Hilton and the MGC parking rate was on my bill when I checked out because I had stayed as part of the MGC block of rooms. Not saying you can’t get the rate without the stay, but it might be difficult.

#371 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Last year I stayed at the Hilton and the MGC parking rate was on my bill when I checked out because I had stayed as part of the MGC block of rooms. Not saying you can’t get the rate without the stay, but it might be difficult.

everyone can just say they are staying in your room and get the parking

#372 5 years ago

Never been to this show... looks really good!

#373 5 years ago

Moving kingpin in.
    9C1FC081-4909-4CF6-8CE1-57D79D21950C (resized).jpeg9C1FC081-4909-4CF6-8CE1-57D79D21950C (resized).jpeg

#374 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Moving kingpin in.[quoted image][quoted image]

Now we just need someone to leak some pix!!

#375 5 years ago

Coming in Friday night but don't have a ticket for MGC. What other cool places nearby are good for pinball? 1983, Blackbird, Up-Down, Finks, Mary's?

#376 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Moving kingpin in.[quoted image][quoted image]

If y’all need an extra hand I’m off work today. :p Though I do have a bit of a weight limit restriction on lifting. But I can hand cart pinballs no problem.

#377 5 years ago

BTW I'm bringing my EPROM programmer and UV eraser box this year if anyone needs help with that sort of thing.

Also if anyone's got any dead Stern node boards would love to poke around.

Safe travels!

#378 5 years ago

I just noticed this in the arcade hall setup email..

"Game removal times are expected to be Saturday, April 13th from 7pm-8pm or Sunday from 3:30pm-11pm. Game removal at other times may be accommodated by the Wisconsin Center by paying a $50 “dock fee” to get the personnel open docks at that time. This is per-vehicle fee."

That really presents a problem for me, I just don't have the ability to stick around that late on Sunday (even on the early end). Looks like I might be coming sans game - bummer.

#379 5 years ago

Can you pay the $50 dock fee? Sounds like you can pull the game any time of the day if you can.

#380 5 years ago

FYI ... The Bucks first playoff game was just scheduled for a 6pm start time on Sunday.

The Fond Du Lac avenue exit is going to be slammed heading east around 4-5pm up until tip off. Typically heading west bound around game start time you should be OK; however, if you stick around later and don’t leave until sometime between 8-9pm when the game is over you might want to drive north and get on 43 at the north avenue on ramp.

If you try to use the Fond Du Lac on ramp when the game is letting out you are going to be sitting in quite a bit of traffic cop controlled traffic.

#381 5 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #382 5 years ago

And so it begins

IMG_20190411_124431 (resized).jpgIMG_20190411_124431 (resized).jpg
    #383 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Now we just need someone to leak some pix!!

Here's a couple pics of all the nib's here so far.
    Best I can do without ripping them open, and I'm tempted.

20190411_132905 (resized).jpg20190411_132905 (resized).jpg20190411_132909 (resized).jpg20190411_132909 (resized).jpg
    #384 5 years ago
    Quoted from valgalder:

Coming in Friday night but don't have a ticket for MGC. What other cool places nearby are good for pinball? 1983, Blackbird, Up-Down, Finks, Mary's?

Blackbird is great but maybe 10,15 min away.

Hard pass on Finks and 1983.

Granted , I do work at Up-Down, but it has the largest lineup in Milwaukee proper (Garcade has more, but in Menominee Falls.

15 pins currently at UpDown:
    WWE prem
    T2
    WC94
    South Park
    MET
    IM
    TWD
    GB
    AF(spec ed with cousin it bonuses)
    AFM
    SM
    Tron
    FG
    GoT
    MMr

Most have color dmd and all play for ONLY 1 TOKEN!!

#385 5 years ago

Exciting!!! Thanks for the pics.

#386 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinZig:

Here's a couple pics of all the nib's here so far.
    Best I can do without ripping them open, and I'm tempted.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Stern?!? Ew.

I meant pix of Wonka!

#387 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Stern?!? Ew.
    I meant pix of Wonka!

24188747-D3D6-4A7A-8488-DC348B70D314 (resized).jpeg24188747-D3D6-4A7A-8488-DC348B70D314 (resized).jpeg
    #388 5 years ago

Cowboy Junkies are playing Turner Hall on Friday night, I'll probably be going to that show if anyone else is a fan.

#389 5 years ago

C5BF7AAF-862D-4B75-A61D-3105B1654B7A (resized).jpegC5BF7AAF-862D-4B75-A61D-3105B1654B7A (resized).jpeg

#390 5 years ago

very cool! I'm heading to MGC this year as my first time! How difficult is it to qualify for the Sunday finals in the tournament? I'm a slightly above average pinball player (casual tournaments, league play) -- do I have a chance with the 5 games???

#391 5 years ago

Love Blackbird, and Up Down. Not to mention, Up Down has Killer Queen, which is a must play.

I'd show up more if they had a TNA though...

#392 5 years ago

What happened to the picture of the JJP Wonka bars?!?

#393 5 years ago

All loaded up for MGC !

2A039653-65AC-4585-8BD4-4F71D5FC80B7 (resized).jpeg2A039653-65AC-4585-8BD4-4F71D5FC80B7 (resized).jpeg
    #394 5 years ago

And that's just Kingpin's "booth"???

It's gonna be an awesome year this year!

#395 5 years ago

Anyone have an extra Friday ticket or one they no longer need. I have a friend who didn’t buy in time because of a work conflict (but is now available). Please dm me if anybody has one.

#396 5 years ago
    Quoted from dirtbag66:

Stern?!? Ew.
    I meant pix of Wonka!

I started ripping them all open! Couldn't find a Wonka anywhere.

20190411_173551 (resized).jpg20190411_173551 (resized).jpg
    #397 5 years ago

Balrog defeats Lionman!

Worst part about pinball is getting the things out of my evil basement. Lost one of the two trees I used to anchor my winch to and made a new cart to slide up the track. Things were going great until I realized that I neglected to account for the longer tow rope that now needed to travel a shorter distance.

dohdoh

Was able to adjust and found success on the second trip. Swords of Fury is in the garage and ready to load tomorrow.

Saturday can't come soon enough!

#398 5 years ago

This year's show is going to be great. If you are on the fence about attending, definitely make it to the MGC this weekend.

#399 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

And that's just Kingpin's "booth"???
    It's gonna be an awesome year this year!

Yuuuuup, and you can’t even see all of it. Marco is next door with 50+ more.

#400 5 years ago

Hey Madison MGC goers,

I’m getting a show game, and the vehicle I was planning to haul the pin back to Madison is no longer available. I’ve got some contingencies if necessary, but if any of the Madison crew has room in their vehicle on the way back and could take my game, there’d be $100 in it for you. I’d help load up the game at MGC, and you could drop it off at my place Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday evening. Please PM me if you’re interested. Thanks!

There are 863 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2019/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.