MOPcoincard.pdf (PDF preview)
snake-bite.jpg
IMAG1268.jpg
IMAG1266.jpg
IMAG1264.jpg
IMAG1261.jpg
IMAG1260.jpg
IMAG1259.jpg
There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.
#451 10 years ago

So looking at the playfield videos I still have this question.

Does the gavel block your view of sparky? It looks like your view is obstructed of that that large insert in front of it at the very least.

Chris

#452 10 years ago

Thanks for the videos. It is really appreciated.

The cross looks good but I think they could have done a little bit more on the animated snake part. Would have been nice if the mouth was completely closed when you can't shot into it for a better effect to see the difference. Still glad I ordered the premium but I can understand that many would be happy with just the PRO. Not sure about the Fuel Target bank either but the LED's look nice and the spinners also. Would also be nice to not have that metal screw on the middle of the hammer aimed right at our sight. All this is nitpicking though. Overall it looks good. Maybe I am just trying to punish myself for spending so much on the premium (my first new pinball machine)

#453 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

So looking at the playfield videos I still have this question.
Does the gavel block your view of sparky? It looks like your view is obstructed of that that large insert in front of it at the very least.
Chris

Maybe a little partial block, but not completely or anything major. The hammer sits pretty low, and Sparky is so tall, that it really doesn't obstruct things. I don't have any issues with it when playing the LE. With Sparky, you know you are trying to throw it up there and just break the opto to have the shot count. The shot doesn't have to be perfect for him, so you don't need a totally wide open view of his feet for instance.

#454 10 years ago

I heard that sparky has more movement when he is getting fried.
Is there another coil attached under the playfield to animate him more or are people just thinking he is moving more?

#456 10 years ago
Quoted from bradloy25:

Is there another coil attached under the playfield to animate him more or are people just thinking he is moving more?

I heard this too, but from watching the videos it looks like the Sparky movement is the same on the LE as it is on the PRO. Maybe LesManley can confirm?

#457 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I'm excited again

We could tell by the pictures you post .

#458 10 years ago
Quoted from bradloy25:

Sparky toy is same in all models. Confirmed by Borg.

#459 10 years ago

If someone here is serious about an LE look in the Marketplace. One just came up for sale at a pretty fair price for the current market. Who knows where it will go from here but with things looking this promising this early for Metallica I am guessing it will be in the BIBLE/Tron LE NIB range in a few months...

#460 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

I am guessing it will be in the BIBLE/Tron LE NIB range in a few months...

You shouldn't taunt WHYSNOW .

#461 10 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

You shouldn't taunt WHYSNOW .

was it that obvious?

Really, just a heads up for someone that might be in the market. And nothing more than a guess based on everything I'm seeing now.

#462 10 years ago

Thanks for all the great videos, Les!

Everyone is always bashing Stern, but their ability to continuously pump out solid games like this is really quite impressive. I know they get criticized for not being more innovative, and perhaps rightly so, but they have become incredibly efficient when it comes to producing traditional DMD games. Let's face it, they've got it down to a science at this point.

#463 10 years ago

Thanks for the videos. Totally changed my impressions. The premium is well worth it!!! Man I love the rising cross and the hammer does make it really cool. Damn I am stoked now!

#464 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Sparky toy is same in all models. Confirmed by Borg.

Originally I thought he moved more on the LE, but I was probably just excited at being able to play the game. I took a picture behind Sparky and it is just the single coil back there. I thought he might have had an additional joint or something that moves too, but if Borg says no, it must have been just my imagination...running away with me. It was just my imagination...running away with me...

#465 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Thanks for the videos. Totally changed my impressions. The premium is well worth it!!! Man I love the rising cross and the hammer does make it really cool. Damn I am stoked now!

Ya everything looks Great,with some code tweeks on the toys and lights it will be a freakin
awesome game.

#466 10 years ago

Thanks also for the videos. I just got the call and my METLE-MOPLE(whichever) should be here Monday. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

#467 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Are the LED's on the insert light boards soldered to the boards or are they changeable?

I believe they are soldered like the other LEs.

#468 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

Thanks also for the videos. I just got the call and my METLE-MOPLE (whichever) should be here Monday. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Congrats! Looks like an awesome game!

#469 10 years ago

I can see people modding that hammer mech a bit to get more movement out of it. Might be damaging to the toy, but I wouldn't mind seeing it get a little closer to the PF or start up a touch higher.

Definitely should be a bigger production when it locks a ball though. More sound, better lighting and bit more delay before and after hammering - maybe even a buildup that gets longer and bigger each locked ball before *BOOM* the ball is hammered. The cross and chair multiballs have wicked buildup once you start them, id like to see that for the coffin as well.

I know we're all scared of stop-and-go play, but with such a prominent and cool toy, I don't think a bit more fanfare would hurt (especially on the final lock). As it sits, I have no doubt this is more a proof-of the mechanism working. It feels like it's missing the same attention to detail cross and chair MB have.

#470 10 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I know we're all scared of stop-and-go play,

#471 10 years ago

Stopped in at Mortimers for lunch. D&G Amusement was just wrapping up setup of their LE. Grabbed some pics while they were busy packing up their Pro. Took some video of gameplay. Will get that uploaded here shortly.

Metallica LE at Mortimers in Minneapolis:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mnhotrods/sets/72157634104878387/show

9033944209_0f6854e43f_b.jpg9033944209_0f6854e43f_b.jpg 9033946479_15f6a2404c_b.jpg9033946479_15f6a2404c_b.jpg 9036173082_b8e50d699e_b.jpg9036173082_b8e50d699e_b.jpg 9036169344_41697ff5eb_b.jpg9036169344_41697ff5eb_b.jpg 9033947935_4a0532eacd_b.jpg9033947935_4a0532eacd_b.jpg 9036170564_c4c1cf398a_b.jpg9036170564_c4c1cf398a_b.jpg

#472 10 years ago

I think the coin door should slam the player in the nuts for the effect. That's what justice often does anyway.

#473 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I think the coin door should slam the player in the nuts for the effect. That's what justice often does anyway.

This made me laugh out loud.

#474 10 years ago

Hammer look a little better close up but still pretty ghetto.

#475 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Grabbed some pics

Those are great pictures ! Thanks

#476 10 years ago

Thanks for the great pics. The lighting is really nice in the LE and the amount of detail in the game is incredible.

Did you add custom apron cards?

btw Its a bummer they are shaving the fangs on all of the snakes. I would much rather take the risk of them breaking, but I see their support dilemma.

Quoted from MnHotRod:

Stopped in at Mortimers for lunch. D&G Amusement was just wrapping up setup of their LE. Grabbed some pics while they were busy packing up their Pro. Took some video of gameplay. Will get that uploaded here shortly.
Metallica LE at Mortimers in Minneapolis:http://www.flickr.com/photos/mnhotrods/sets/72157634104878387/

#477 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mnhotrods/sets/72157634104878387/

Awesome set of pics. Thanks (and congrats on getting on the high score board).

#478 10 years ago

Didn't look at the video until now. Sorry about the glare. You will still see the LED effects, a few multiballs and a high scoring game. I don't think anyone has attempted to video gameplay from this perspective before. I will cover the translite next time.

The game play is spectacular with the color changing LEDS. Everyone talks about the Hammer and the Snake. The biggest items I miss on my Pro are the color changing LED's, the spinners and the lighted apron. If a lighted apron becomes available as a mod, that is the first thing I will buy for my Pro.

#479 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Originally I thought he moved more on the LE, but I was probably just excited at being able to play the game. I took a picture behind Sparky and it is just the single coil back there. I thought he might have had an additional joint or something that moves too, but if Borg says no, it must have been just my imagination...running away with me. It was just my imagination...running away with me...

Different Sparkys may have more/less movement depending on how tightly the parts are twisted onto the springs. There's a spring connecting his butt to the chair, and a spring connecting the head to the body. You can twist these parts counter clockwise as the springs are threaded like a screw...a few twists to loosen the parts a bit will result in wilder animation for the toy.

#480 10 years ago

Great pics MNHotRod! The amount of color and detail is amazing. This has got to be the best Stern art package out there!

I do have a durability concern. After looking at the close-ups of the captive "box". Is it really just held together by a single spot weld on each side or is it a solid piece? With as much pounding as it takes I wonder how well it will hold up long term?-Hopefully better than the TZ slot scoop welds held up.

#481 10 years ago

excellent pics!
Thanks for posting

#482 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Metallica LE at Mortimers in Minneapolis:http://www.flickr.com/photos/mnhotrods/sets/72157634104878387/

WOW OMFG Those pics you took are amazing,thanks!

#483 10 years ago

While I think the LE is beautiful and I'm happy for those who were able to get their hands on one...I'm still very satisfied with the Pro. I'm excited to do a full LED conversion, mirror blades, topper, etc...& think it will look just as amazing. While the coding for the hammer is in its infancy, I really was impressed by the vid. Now how the hell am I going to be able to mod that one?!

Congrats to all PRO & LE OWNERS!!!! Think this one will be a keeper. At least till Christmas. lol.

#484 10 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Did you add custom apron cards?

Yeah, D&G made those up the other night. I think they look great too.

#485 10 years ago

I say it in jest of course

#486 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Didn't look at the video until now. Sorry about the glare. You will still see the LED effects, a few multiballs and a high scoring game. I don't think anyone has attempted to video gameplay from this perspective before. I will cover the translite next time.
The game play is spectacular with the color changing LEDS. Everyone talks about the Hammer and the Snake. The biggest items I miss on my Pro are the color changing LED's, the spinners and the lighted apron. If a lighted apron becomes available as a mod, that is the first thing I will buy for my Pro.
» YouTube video

Great pics and video. In the spirit of today's theme here on pinside: You made the front page of www.performancepinball.com!

#487 10 years ago

Thanks for the pics! The machine looks great! I just got my invoice as my METLE gets here tomorrow!!!!

#488 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Thanks for the pics! The machine looks great! I just got my invoice as my METLE gets here tomorrow!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!

#489 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Dont forget to post your Serial # in the METLE Serial # thread! Congrats~

#490 10 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mnhotrods/sets/72157634104878387/

What camera did you use? Stern should hire you. The best hd pics so far. I liked the low ball view shots.

The video is with a a Gopro but with the water proof case on, right! Still good, just muted.

Why are they packing up the Pro?

#491 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Mine shipped today as well

#492 10 years ago

not diggin the hammer at all... the scale is just way off

#493 10 years ago

Camera is a Canon A710 with a Canon WC-DC58N wide angle lens. This camera and lens have done well for me over the years. Much cheaper and easier to carry around than an SLR. Getting good pics in a bar with almost zero light is tough. I'm quite happy with how they turned out. Video is with a GoPro3 inside a water-proof case on a suction mount I normally use on my car. I attached the camera to the glass. Tried one game with the camera right up the middle but I kept draining the ball. For my second game I moved the camera off to the right. Only had time for two games so I guess we all got lucky.

The games at Mortimers are serviced by D&G Amusement in Minneapolis. They were packing up the Pro to go back to Moss Distributing.

Quoted from Av8:

What camera did you use? Stern should hire you. The best hd pics so far. I liked the low ball view shots.
The video is with a a Gopro but with the water proof case on, right! Still good, just muted.
Why are they packing up the Pro?

#494 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

What camera did you use?

The worst question you could ever ask a "REAL" photographer....Remember it is not the camera but the user...You can good great pics from a 10 plastic camera if you know how to use one!!

#495 10 years ago
Quoted from GUMBO:

not diggin the hammer at all... the scale is just way off

I like the scale,i was hoping that it was that scale,i did not want to end up with a SISSY
Hammer,with those pic we can see the details better...Looks Great!!!

#496 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

I like the scale,i was hoping that it was that scale,i did not want to end up with a SISSY

Guess I really need to see it in person. Shouldn't be long now...

#497 10 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Absolutely! I think they got it right. It had to be a fine line for Stern not to make it so big as to block a chunk of the playfield but big enough to show the detail and have the effect they were looking for... no sissy little ball pein here!

#498 10 years ago

Has anyone heard about when the DD Premium's get produced?

#499 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

Jody Dankberg at Stern told me they won't ship until July.

#500 10 years ago
Quoted from GaryMartin:

They gotta run the TAV Premiums first ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 12.95
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,600 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.50
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-le-is-in-upcoming-pics-and-video-thread/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.