Topic Stats

• 511 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 42 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9036170564_c4c1cf398a_b.jpg
9033947935_4a0532eacd_b.jpg
9036169344_41697ff5eb_b.jpg
9036173082_b8e50d699e_b.jpg
9033946479_15f6a2404c_b.jpg
9033944209_0f6854e43f_b.jpg
mccune.jpg
MOPcoincard.jpg
MOPcoincard.pdf (PDF preview)
snake-bite.jpg
IMAG1268.jpg
IMAG1266.jpg
IMAG1264.jpg
IMAG1261.jpg
IMAG1260.jpg
IMAG1259.jpg

There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
#1 5 years ago

NEWEST UPDATE: I posted a bunch of videos showing the cabinet, backglass, playfield with the game off, with the game on, under the playfield, the hammer mech and the mode starts. These videos were all taken with the newest v1.13 code installed.

The LE is on site now @ Mortimer's in Minneapolis, so stop on it and check it out!

=========================

LE Features:

First of all, code is 1.1

The hammer worked perfectly. It is a bit anti-climatic though since there isn't a sound effect yet for it. It is screaming for one and I am sure they will add it. To light coffin multiball now, it is shots to the metal box (captive ball in Pro). 10 shots to light each lock, instead of 3 sets of 4 guitar pick standups on the Pro. The hammer itself is hollow underneath, it never touches the playfield. The magnet pulls the ball down as the hammer comes down. The balls kick out 1 at a time from the Mystery Award award scoop during Coffin MB start.

The cross starts down. When multiball starts, it rises up like it does on the DMD MB animation.

The snake head is closed when SNAKE is not lit. A shot to the snake head or a lit orange snake shot lights SNAKE and opens his mouth. There are NO fangs on the LE snake. And I must say it was tougher for me to shoot the snake mouth on the LE vs. the Pro for whatever reason. The shot just didn't seem as smooth.

Spinners are cool, they have a drum sound effect.

The apron is lit above the instruction and free play cards on the Dirty Donny graphic. Looks nice.

There is a high score for "Seek and Destroy" now at 5 million. I played Seek and Destroy, but wasn't sure how I did that.

Guitar pick stand ups now only qualify band members instead of lighting lock too. Band member modes are not there yet.

Sparky has more movement to him when he is electrocuted. He whole body shakes as opposed to just his head bobbing.

The Mystery Awards are still "Add Fuel" and "500k"

The FUEL target is one big metal target, not multiple stand ups like in the Pro.

All DMD graphics are the same, but there are a few new callouts. I remember Sparky saying, "Don't forget to wet the sponge this time before you flip the switch!" or something right along those lines, among others.

There is a little music added to the DMD graphic when you collect an extra ball. It's a nice touch.

The color changing LEDs don't seem to do anything yet (besides signalling a right orbit shot to start the captive ball hurry up), same with the flashing shots like are in the Pro. They just add to combos.

BOTTOM LINE: The code is still very early, but if you like the Pro, you are going to like the LE more. The spinners are a nice addition and the other cosmetic enhancements only add to the game, not detract like many would say the Ice Man ramp in X-Men or the Iron Hide playfield in TF does. The hammer concept is very cool. Once they add a big "THUD" sound effect when the hammer drops, it will be even better.

met5.JPG

#2 5 years ago

Sweet!!

#3 5 years ago

Can't wait to see some gameplay video.

#4 5 years ago

And now for a taste of things to come...

metle.jpg

#5 5 years ago

Sweet!

#6 5 years ago

pop that sucker open!!!

#7 5 years ago

So Sexy!!! Box opening vid! Cabinet walk around!! Everything?!?!?!?? :-p

#8 5 years ago

Hell yeah, man!

image.gif

#9 5 years ago

What a tease!

#10 5 years ago

Based on the serial number of this game and my Hulk made in late December 2012, it appears that Stern has made approximately 2500 pinball machines since Christmas.

#11 5 years ago

Ok...good news and bad news.

The good news is, the game is here and I will be getting pics of it tonight. The unboxing and anything else people want to see. If there is a specific question or something you want to see, just ask.

The bad news is that Stern has specifically requested that I don't post any video of the game until after Monday. Apparently they have something planned. Because Stern has been very helpful in making the Pro and the LE available to us MN pin heads, I don't want to bite the hand that feeds, so I am going to be abide by that. I hope people can understand that. The game will be available for play in the launch party tomorrow though so who knows what will happen then, but it will not be playable at Morts before then. Anyone that is near by that wants to come check it out and play it, come on down tomorrow night.

So stay tuned for a bunch of pics and stuff tonight!

#12 5 years ago

This box does not definitively settle the metle vs mople war.

But METLE is the closest. METLE WINS!

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Based on the serial number of this game and my Hulk made in late December 2012, it appears that Stern has made approximately 2500 pinball machines since Christmas.

why, does stern use consecutive numbers from game to game?

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

why, does stern use consecutive numbers from game to game?

Pretty much, yes.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The bad news is that Stern has specifically requested that I don't post any video of the game until after Monday

Ok, that is odd. Did you get a hookup on an early game or something. Otherwise I cant imagine someone shipping a product and then directing what you do with it.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Pretty much, yes.

I didn't know that I assumed they did model/serial combo like WMS did.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

This box does not definitively settle the metle vs mople war.
But METLE is the closest. METLE WINS!

Cant believe this childish rubbish is still going. I will call mine MOPLE, you can call your one what you like, who really cares. Either way, people know what you are talking about.

#18 5 years ago

What's the Le number ?

#19 5 years ago

I'm sure it's been said before, but LesManley is the man. Would love to see a pic of the underside if you get a chance Les.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Ok, that is odd. Did you get a hookup on an early game or something. Otherwise I cant imagine someone shipping a product and then directing what you do with it.

Yes, the local distributor here and Stern really did put in a lot of work to make this happen. Originally there were going to be two Metallica Pros at the launch party tomorrow here. The local distributor tried, but couldn't get a second Pro in time for the op here holding the party, so they worked with Stern to get the LE that the op ordered here in time for the launch party instead. It was something they didn't have to do. Not too mention, we were the first here to get a Pro too. A cool move on both their parts and it is much appreciated.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It was something they didn't have to do. A cool move on both their parts and it is much appreciated.

Gotcha, that makes sense as they rushed it ahead of their schedule.

Thanks

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Cant believe this childish rubbish is still going. I will call mine MOPLE, you can call your one what you like, who really cares. Either way, people know what you are talking about.

I think there's just some good natured ribbing going on over this issue because both names really work almost equally well. In the end, you're right it really doesn't matter.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Ok...good news and bad news.
The good news is, the game is here and I will be getting pics of it tonight. The unboxing and anything else people want to see. If there is a specific question or something you want to see, just ask.
The bad news is that Stern has specifically requested that I don't post any video of the game until after Monday. Apparently they have something planned. Because Stern has been very helpful in making the Pro and the LE available to us MN pin heads, I don't want to bite the hand that feeds, so I am going to be abide by that. I hope people can understand that. The game will be available for play in the launch party tomorrow though so who knows what will happen then, but it will not be playable at Morts before then. Anyone that is near by that wants to come check it out and play it, come on down tomorrow night.
So stay tuned for a bunch of pics and stuff tonight!

So within 30 minutes of you posting that video is coming, Stern put out the C&D request? I guess they do monitor this site...

#24 5 years ago

LEUSA

#25 5 years ago

wow, very cool of everyone involved. The local people have really made this a great place for pinball to throve. Thanx for keeping us up to date, you rule

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

So within 30 minutes of you posting that video is coming, Stern put out the C&D request? I guess they do monitor this site...

Yeah, I would say this site does not go unseen. It wasn't a cease and desist though, it was a friendly "please don't" and I respect that. They were not jerks about it or threatening or anything.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

It's a JOKE. I don't care at all what you call yours. One of the conclusions reached in the silly threads about what to call this machine was that we should wait and see what was on the box. I was merely pointing out that the box doesn't help. That's funny right there.

Now...let's play some METALLICA!

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The bad news is that Stern has specifically requested that I don't post any video of the game until after Monday

Bummer however that means sexy awesome Pics!!!

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Yeah, I would say this site does not go unseen. It wasn't a cease and desist though, it was a friendly "please don't" and I respect that. They were not jerks about it or threatening or anything.

Yep...didn't mean that. I'd say video that sucker and get it primed for posting when you can! Really want to see the snake animate and hammer sequence!

#30 5 years ago

I wonder if it will have new code installed...

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Nuclear_Waste:

Now...let's play some METALLICA!

+1

#32 5 years ago

I called at Stern and they said it's cOoL to post a Video

I really want to know what you think about the hammer and the coffin

Also the animated Snake and Cross !

Thanks a Lot,i am already naked for some Sexy Pics

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Stern has specifically requested that I don't post any video of the game until after Monday

MASTER MASTER!

#34 5 years ago

Where's that Video, were all After Master Master!

#35 5 years ago

LesManley You promisted only lies!

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Thanks a Lot,i am already naked for some Sexy Pics

You paint a disturbing picture thunderking.

#37 5 years ago

Ooh! A METLE thread with pics and vid... oh... no pics or vid til Monday at the earliest!?

Maybe rename the thread to avoid more disappointment?

#38 5 years ago

I called Stern and they said that it would be OK to post video, and that they will still have something special on Monday.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Ooh! A METLE thread with pics and vid... oh... no pics or vid til Monday at the earliest!?Maybe rename the thread to avoid more disappointment?

Pics tonight. Video probably tomorrow night from our launch party, but I wont be the one posrting video until Monday.

#40 5 years ago

video mode and new software only for MOPLE

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Pics tonight. Video probably tomorrow night from our launch party, but I wont be the one posrting video until Monday.

Glad you said it before I did.

#42 5 years ago

I guess gaps videos were seen and not appreciated by stern. They should learn from this mistake and I really think its not the worse thing ever to make us wait till Monday.

#43 5 years ago

More drama. Stern has now come back and said they don't want the game used in our launch party. Apparently there was some miscommunication at Stern and they don't want the game used in public until next week now. Not sure why they would have sent it early if that was the case. Hopefully we can promise no video of the game and that would be sufficient. The op here is talking to them on the phone to get something worked out. I'll update the thread as info comes in.

Game is #54. The mirrored backglass looks really slick. The rails are the arctic silver that you see in the pic Stern posted. They do look nice in person.

#44 5 years ago

Looking forward to the video, and hopefully the premiums getting on the line ASAP.

#45 5 years ago

Who's machine is it, anyhow?

#46 5 years ago

That's a wicked low number

What's the destination country on the metal power box sticker stamped ?

Was prolly an export swapped at last second with USA mechs 2 slot door
All dips set to off

Can you snap a BG pic ?

Why the hell you do release a lion in the wild after which you fear it will kill another animal LOL

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Who's machine is it, anyhow?

Local op's. I help him run a monthly tournament and am helping him with the launch party. He made the Pro available so I could take pics and video and was doing the same with the LE.

#48 5 years ago

F*CK JODY DO IT! what a asshat. They likely dont have mos of th efunctions worked out. I know the hammer was one klitchy mofo all week.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

F*CK JODY DO IT! what a asshat. They likely dont have mos of th efunctions worked out. I know the hammer was one klitchy mofo all week.

It wasn't Jody, it was Jim Beltz that asked. He said he would make it up to us somehow, but it will really suck if they can't work something out.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Stern has now come back and said they don't want the game used in our launch party. Apparently there was some miscommunication at Stern and they don't want the game used in public until next week now. Not sure why they would have sent it early if that was the case.

image.gif

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Trade
Machine - For Trade
York, PA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Bucyrus, KS
$ 128.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
4,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Quartz Hill, CA
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Magazines/books
The Flipper Room
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z
There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside