(Topic ID: 119394)

An ongoing discourse of Philadelphia pinball location play?

By deibert

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 964 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by mbl1116
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4564 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7258 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7222 (resized).JPG
    QRCodeTNT Amusements (resized).png
    IMG_7177 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7178 (resized).JPG
    D73E0835-0209-47D6-9D8D-59585D743629 (resized).jpeg
    1A2A3587-7895-40F9-8118-1C35D519F387 (resized).jpeg
    F07F0639-0C64-4A0E-B942-BADB19CFF1E4 (resized).jpeg
    916CF656-3DFD-474A-AD44-B5C1E2439B23 (resized).jpeg
    89FF85A9-D70E-4C2F-B925-F1CF57CCA403 (resized).jpeg
    B33C8C0F-59F2-4C19-9139-E492E2DC4512 (resized).jpeg
    1AF91576-C4DA-4266-B406-B52A35356FA3 (resized).jpeg
    F4BE110D-8FF0-41F0-ABFB-6C0F1A11CD5C (resized).jpeg
    9896C677-AD0E-4A96-921D-8368D8C0754C (resized).jpeg
    74BFDFD9-3588-4880-98A6-2D26C416ADB5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrfp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#154 7 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

New to pinball tournaments, only ever participated in one and that was at this years Allentown show. Can you give me more details on this tournament?
    I was able to find out that doors open at 11am and play starts at 1pm and that the cost is $10. What's the exact format like? Do they have separate divisions for women?

Different format than Allentown. At 1pm, Match Play starts. All registered players are placed in groups of 3 or 4 players, assigned to a machine, play a game and then report back their order of finish. After all players finish their round, players are reassigned with new opponents and a new machine. Points are assigned in order of finish (something like 4, 2, 1, 0, but don't quote me on that). This format repeats over and over from 1pm to 4pm. At 4pm, top half of the finishers play in a double elimination tournament for the 'A' finals and bottom half of the players play in a double elimination tournament for the 'B' finals. Usually, top 4 A finishers and top 2 B finishers are paid out of the entrance fee. No separate division for women or kids - way fewer participants than Allentown. Having the A and B finals makes it nice for different skill levels and the double elimination (usually each round is best 2 out of 3) ensures that everyone plays at least 4 games in the finals.

Hope that helps and hope to see you there.

#156 7 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

mrfp - Thanks for the reply. Certainly helps out a bunch. To make sure I follow you clearly, it looks like I would be playing pinball from 1-4pm against various people, on various machines and if I have good enough scores at 4pm, I would advance to the finals. Sound about right?
    Looks like I might be attending the August event. If any other pinsiders plan on attending the August event let me know as I would like to put some faces to usernames.
    -Chad

That's about right except everyone advances to the finals, just a question of whether it is the 'A' finals or 'B' finals.

Once in the finals, you are playing in a double elimination tournament. Higher seed picks either game or order. If there were 8 people in the 'A' finals, 1 plays 8, 2 plays 7, 3 plays 6, etc... Winners play each other, losers drop into the loser's bracket. Two losses and you are out, winner is whoever is left at the end who hasn't lost twice.

3 weeks later
    #192 7 years ago
    Quoted from coreyhulse:

All signs point to the next Monthly tournament being on August 13 (and I'll let Jay come in if it's being rescheduled).
    Finals of the Selfie League take place the same day as the Monthly Tournament. Selfie Finals start at 11:15am, and then we roll right into starting the Monthly tournament at 1pm.

Per Jay....The August 13 Selfie League Finals and Monthly tournament are being pushed to the August 27 summer classic. So, no event on the 13th. And the time of the Selfie League Finals may change, but don't have a 100% confirmation on that.

4 months later
    #302 7 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Who won the North Bowl tournament?

Rick Prince

3 years later
    #572 4 years ago
    Quoted from deibert:

Round 1 is open in Center City. Low replay scores and no or loose tilts. Right by the bowling lanes and away from the kids and other games. Worth a visit while the games are still playing nice.[quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting - the Round 1 at the Exton mall doesn't have any pinball machines (at least they didn't as of a month ago).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrfp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/machines-on-location-in-philadelphia?tu=mrfp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.