2012-02-28_11_09_52.jpg
5Y45Ka5Jd3K13N83p8c2rd35088b308f815a6..jpg
5N25H75J83G83Kf3I7c2r25676723838e1668..jpg
2012-02-28_11.11.00.jpg
2012-02-28_11.10.48.jpg
2012-02-28_11.11.55.jpg
2012-02-28_11.09.52.jpg
3D_dino.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mwong168.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

but if its your only one best be a good one

Come on now, you know this will never work. For collecting pins you either have many or none cause having one is just silly Just kidding lol Before I started in this hobby a fellow collector had invited me over to check out his collection of games and I was floored to see he had around 20 pins in his basement and thought that was nuts. I told him that if I could just get one I would be happy and look at me now nearing 8 pins now in a matter of 15 months.

My advice is before you buy your first pinball machine, try to make friends with some local collectors on here or RGP. This way you can go check out their colletion and they might even be nice like friend was and showed me a few common issues and basics to be familar with cause stuff will break or need to be maintained. Also keep in mind certain machines will have specific problem(s) or common wear areas on the playfield such as:

Johnny Mnemonic might have the hand switch error glove might not be working at all or Funhouse Rudy's eyes or jaw might not be working properly. Rollergames has common magnet wear by the upper right flipper or The Shadow has wear by the Sanctum lock.

If you don't know of any local collectors you can always check and see if there is a Visual Pinball recreation of the game you are considering buying. It will play similar to the real thing and give you an idea on the game's flow, shots, animations, modes and sounds for the game. If you have never setup VP before you can read my 5 minute guide to get you up an running on a PC desktop computer I posted on a local forum here in Canada called maaca.

http://www.maaca.org/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5886

There are other things to check before you commit to a machine but it is best to post on here for a price check and maybe we can give you pointers or even come look at the machine with you. Good luck and hope you find your first machine soon. Remember just because you over paid for a particular game doesn't mean the next person will so take your time and find one for the right price and stand to lose very little money.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

3,000 (OBO)
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.50
$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Queensbury, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mwong168.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-to-buy-first-pin?tu=mwong168 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.