Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 156 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1691 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1690 (resized).JPG
    groot02 (resized).png
    th (resized).jpeg
    th (resized).jpg
    40041517 (resized).jpg
    46DAgo (resized).jpg
    3-3 Equilbrium_08 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).png
    actors_vincent_price_movie_legends_1322x1800_wallpaper_Wallpaper_2560x1600_www.wallpaperswa.com_ (resized).jpg
    IMG_0261 (resized).PNG
    th (resized).jpeg
    1455456_f520 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    06a3074fabf73a155d999c04ee0ce55e--dr-seuss-the-star (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider asoa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 6 years ago

Greetings from the Amusement Operations World. We have seen this exact same thing happen to all of our Arcade games as well. Let's use Arcade driving games for example. New Crusin Blast sells for 7600.00 ish. All new drivers sell for roughly the same. Some like Mario Kart sell for 10,500.00. What this has done is made the used market very strong. Previous models of driving games Dirty Drivin FnF Super Cars and other good Drivers used to sell for 2500 to 3500 in the used market. Since the price of new equipment is so high people started to say if I sell this for 3k what am I going to replace it with? They will have to sell their game plus come out of pocket another 5-7k. Obviously lots of operators were not on board with this model. So everyone started to not sell their used newer equipment. Hence inflating the market. Operators would demand near new prices for their pre owned equipment . So in a nut shell the manufacture charging so much to there customer effects the whole market. and Not for the better. I have invested millions in my company to stay relevant to our customers. Lots of operators could not keep up with the price increases and were forced out of business. This is very sad for the entire industry. I will be attending IAAPA the largest Amusement attraction show in the world next month in Orlando FL. Every year It is the same. Lots of friendly faces and smiles as long as we bring our check books. The average price for a redemption game ( ticket arcade) is 12k. This is the new normal. New games come out every year and the price keeps getting higher and higher. 30k for a sit down game. Yep 30k and each one of my locations need at least one. Things are beyond crazy. Technology in theory is supposed to get cheaper as time progresses. Where will this stop? Not sure but I can tell you from this side of the Amusement world it is not showing signs of slowing.

#125 6 years ago

You need very good locations to justify the expense. Seems as if the manufacturers think those are the only locations that are out there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider asoa.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-talk-about-pricing?tu=asoa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.