2022-10-12_12-45-21 (resized).png
2022-10-12_12-43-47 (resized).png
IMG_9985 (resized).jpg
2022-09-23_01-08-16 (resized).jpg
Both_nested (resized).jpg
Right_bat (resized).jpg
Left_bat (resized).jpg
flpr-0031 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#238 1 year ago

-not a member yet, but maybe soon. A friend of mine, his parents in law have a Time Warp sitting in their basement since fifteen or more years, they wouldn‘t mind if I relieved them of them it. I know it should have banana flippers (my friend thought this one did not, but wasn‘t sure) but I‘ve played it on my virtual machine and the banana flippers are pretty irritating (amazing job of programming, though). What does everybody think - how important are the banana flippers? -essential? They seem to be pretty hard to find. I see here some folks are making them with 3d printers…

I‘ve also heard playing too much with banana flippers screws up your play with normal flippers.

Sure is a pretty game - nice pictures here, cool backglass.

Sorry if these topics have been discussed ad nauseum here

#240 1 year ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Look at it this way. The machine was designed with the curved flippers. It was said that public/buyers didn't take well to them and later in the production switched over to the straight flippers.
Play both if you can as I think it's much harder to play with curved flippers and more typical scores and experience with straight flippers.
It's all preference I guess. (Example) Firepower with push targets or drop targets.
I'm a drop target kinda guy.
-Mike

Thanks for that, but you didn‘t actually say if you prefer the banana flippers…

If I can get my hot little hands on the curved flippers I will for sure try them out. The game has a very unusual design so I reckon you are right about the game being designed for the curved flippers although I‘d be hard pressed to name the aspects of the game which are designed special for these flippers. The angle of the drops and they being on both sides and taking up so much of the left to right real estate is the only thing that comes to mind - maybe with the horizontal spin from the curved flippers it is possible to knock down more drops than otherwise?

I‘ve never seen a Firepower with drops.

#251 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Curved flippers for the win.
You already have 50 games with conventional flippers, why would you not want something more challenging?

fair enough, but why this game? You could put the curved flippers on any game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Woolwich Township, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider branlon8.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-do-the-time-warp-clubagain?tu=branlon8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.