2022-10-12_12-45-21 (resized).png
2022-10-12_12-43-47 (resized).png
IMG_9985 (resized).jpg
2022-09-23_01-08-16 (resized).jpg
Both_nested (resized).jpg
Right_bat (resized).jpg
Left_bat (resized).jpg
flpr-0031 (resized).jpg

There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 9 years ago

I was looking around and I didn't see a Time Warp Club post. You got to have love for those banana flippers!!!

Show your love for TW (all 80 of you!).

#2 9 years ago

I'll get things started and kinda why I was looking for a club. With only two games ( Time Warp and Disco Fever) with banana flippers I am sure some mystery abounds. I have seen a few instances of this and I guess I should just try it out but how do you make this happen? It seems to me like it shouldn't curve like this if you just put a rubber on......thoughts?

87912-i.jpg87912-i.jpg
#3 9 years ago

its just a jump to the left,and then a step to the right,put your hands on you hips and your knees in tight! oh sorry wrong time warp!

#5 9 years ago

I'm in the club. In the process of getting mine up and running. Look forward to getting it going! Have the banana flippers too! Picked them up off a guy off of here

#6 9 years ago

There are people...I won't name names.....barakandl..... that put reg flippers on this holy of holies....what terror

#7 9 years ago

I want mine back.... It's such a fast game when it's set up right and waxed! I have never played the versions without banana flippers though. It would likely make the game a lot easier.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

It seems to me like it shouldn't curve like this if you just put a rubber on

Even when I don't put a rubber on, it still curves to the right a bit.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I won't name names.....barakandl

I can't be too upset here since he built the driver board for my TW. But yeah, that's so very wrong.
Banana flippers rule, and disco (still) sucks. So Time Warp bananas FTW!

#10 9 years ago

I have mine at Louisville show, and they were going to use it in the tourney. They came and asked me if it was ok to swap the banana flippers for regular, I told them nope...so it is in the free play area to play!

Phoebe

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

They came and asked me if it was ok to swap the banana flippers for regular, I told them nope

That's pretty bogus. The game was designed with these flippers.....so you play it with them.

I have been thinking a lot about the recent talks of some major championships having some older games. For me, and this is just me, if you are going to call yourself a pinball champ...a world or some big title champ in pinball, you should show you are skilled at all eras. Newer games have an increased amount of control (automatic ball returns to the flipper) that older games don't have.

For me it's about thinking 2,3, or 4 moves ahead. It's about making shots, sticking them, and thinking about where the ball will go. I LOVE these sys 6 games because it really challenges your ability. I think EMs would go even further.

Now when it comes to uneven scoring in older games, ok. But from a pure ball control stand point older games are the true test of a pinball wiz...there I said it.

All because of banana flippers

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Even when I don't put a rubber on, it still curves to the right a bit.

Nice one vid!

#13 9 years ago

See.....how do you work that magic......glue?

2015-03-07 10.52.42.jpg2015-03-07 10.52.42.jpg
#14 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

2015-03-07 10.52.42.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Here ya go
banana flipper rubber.jpgbanana flipper rubber.jpg

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

2015-03-07 10.52.42.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Ok, I did not actually see the question in your first post, sorry about that.

Contact Cement is what you use when you want the flipper rubber to stay put.

Clean both surfaces, brush on the Cement, allow to fully dry (20 mins?), carefully apply the rubber.

When rubber wears out, heat with hair dryer and remove.

Don't use water based fake Contact Cement - you must use the deadly DAP stuff.

-

ALSO: It looks like your flipper is dragging on the playfield - if you haven't already, replace your flipper bushing before going further!

#17 9 years ago

Love my TW!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#18 9 years ago

I have mine at Louisville show, and they were going to use it in the tourney. They came and asked me if it was ok to swap the banana flippers for regular, I told them nope...so it is in the free play area to play!
Phoebe

I loved playing your TW in the free play area, so I'm glad it worked out that way. REALLY loved playing Algar. It worked well as a tournament pin.

#19 9 years ago

Yeah. I have the orginal blue rubbers. I will most likely go with the new yellow ones but for now the blue ones are doing ok for me. Just wondering how reg rubbers would perform. I'll get some of the deadly stuff. Thanks!

Also I plan on doing a rebuild and I'll get a new bushing. Thanks!

#20 9 years ago

with UPDATED snappy mechs, of course

#21 9 years ago

Phoebe

That's crazy. Any original unmolested pin should be fair game for a tournament. I got the hang of the banana flippers after about 3 games. Really one of my favorites of the show.

#22 9 years ago

I'm a proud time warp owner! It was my first pin and it's not going anywhere!! I need to fix my 5 target bank so that the drops light up the pop bumpers again. Hopefully my LEDs come in tomorrow and I'll post some pics

#23 9 years ago

TW was one of my first games. I bought a Blackout on a Sat and then that Weds I picked up a TW and a Gorgar. I was hooked. TW really drew me in when I first saw it. Pretty amazing!

I'm lucky to have a pretty nice one, the only thing that needs fixed is the right inlane switch. Lots of points to be had there.

How many of you have the one way gate on your bonus shot? It took me a while to figure out there was a gate missing there and then pop one in. I thought it would significantly increase my score.....not so much, ha.

What's your top score so far, not many high scores listed on here. Mine is in the 750's, tighter tilt, 3 ball (of course )

Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 7.20.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-09 at 7.20.59 AM.png
#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

I need to fix my 5 target bank so that the drops light up the pop bumpers again.

The drop target mechs are probably just dirty and out of adjustment. Clean the "horseshoe" contacts and the copper pieces they run against, adjust the "horseshoe" side so they make good contact on the way down and things will likely improve.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

How many of you have the one way gate on your bonus shot?

It should be there on every game.

That is the usual way to load the saucer.

#26 9 years ago

I got mine for free off Craigslist and I LOVE IT ... Its in very good shape and a keeper for sure!!!!!

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

The drop target mechs are probably just dirty and out of adjustment. Clean the "horseshoe" contacts and the copper pieces they run against, adjust the "horseshoe" side so they make good contact on the way down and things will likely improve.

I will have to try that tonight. Thanks for the info.

My highest score is 788k and some change. I got too excited and didn't know what to do. The game was making noises I've never heard before!!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage-398.jpgimage-398.jpg

#28 9 years ago

I had to take mine apart and resolder contacts on the horseshoes, as well as bending them to make better contact.

#29 9 years ago

AJ. Put your high score into the database. Not nearly enough high scores for TW!!

#30 9 years ago

Talked to a guy today that said "why would you own a time warp!? That game sucks!"

Why is time warp so hated!!!? I love this game it's fast and the banana flippers gives it it's own feel! I finished my led conversion btw.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#31 9 years ago

Most people can't get over the banana flippers. I loved how fast it was at the bottom of the playfield. I am going to have to buy one again.

#32 9 years ago

Like the led conversion. Plan on doing that to mine. Who's did you use?

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

Do Tell.....

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I used Comet.

#35 9 years ago

I used comet as well.

I also llstaryed cleaning the 5 bank drop targets and found a broken wire, and a broken horseshoe contact. Any one have a picture of the backside of the banks? I need to source a horseshoe contact. Might have one in a EM parts machine laying around

#36 9 years ago

Love my Time Warp, got it as a birthday present and love it to bits. Even with its flaws, bonus lights 1-7 don't light a majority of the time, the second Pop Bumper is jammed, and the third's light wont ever turn on. But I have lots of plans for it, LED's, few mods, clearcoat, new backglass, and reworked body.

#37 9 years ago

super fun game, different, and can be had pretty cheap since people don't know!! Lovin' it!!

#38 9 years ago

For the tournament they should have just left the banana flippers and remove the flipper rubber cover. put a standard pinball flipper rubber on, and essentially the banana flippers are converted to regular flippers. that would have solved the problem for both them and Pheobe. The bounce is slightly different, but for the most part, it makes a banana flipper play like a non-banana flipper. You know, without turning a wrench, it's a decent solution. also if you want to know how a TW plays without bananas, that is a good and easy test.

https://img-f.pinside.com/201503/2293621/371784-i.jpg

#39 9 years ago

So this weekend my time warp would reset in the middle of a game. It seems as as it warms up it's starts having issues. Switches don't score, lights turn on and off, game will just reset completely. I'm not really sure where to start

#41 9 years ago

TW is a great game and needs banana flippers, it's a fast game with cool features. I took my project one from

IMG_2250.JPGIMG_2250.JPG

to this

IMG_2575.JPGIMG_2575.JPG

#42 9 years ago

There's a guy here locally who wants to sell a Fire! and a nonworking Time Warp as a pair, for $1200. The Time Warp is kinda rough, otherwise I'd offer $500 for it alone. I wish I had Vid's resto skills (and some more time).

Thoughts? atlanta.craigslist.org link

#43 9 years ago

Too much!

Bad playfield, damaged circuit boards and backglass .

#44 9 years ago

I think as a pair that's not a bad deal for 1200. You're in for some wok though........oh yeah

#45 9 years ago

I think I'll just wait for a restored one to come up for sale. Production was 8,875, so they're out there.

#46 9 years ago

Just wait for one. It will come. I got mine dirt cheap and just needed to redo the connectors.

#47 9 years ago

Mine just got dropped in my lap. I was getting a Gorgar and asked if he had anything else. He said TW and he would sell it cheap. I'LL TAKE IT!!

2 weeks later
#48 8 years ago

Hi,
you can count me in...
Just started with playing pinball and my first pin is the TW.
I liked the name because i'm a big Rocky Horror fan and i was looking for a pin not to expensive.
Didn't know to get hooked on it.
After playing it for a few weeks some things were not working proper and i decided to clean it up a little.
At first started to clean the pf but as i came further done the road i decided to go for a total make over.
In the meantime i bought a Devil Riders from Zaccaria just so i could play pin if i wanted but didn't like the play and sold it after a few weeks.
Then i found another Time warp for sale and could buy it for a fair price and this one had banana flippers!
So now i have TW's but still no working pin because my second TW was working when i bought it but as soon i set it up it wasn't working
But the good part is that i have a real blue print for my restoration project.
IMG_1946.jpgIMG_1946.jpg

#49 8 years ago

Welcome to the Club.....fun club to be in esp with banana flippers!!

1 month later
#50 8 years ago

Quick thread on an updated version of the ROM. Mostly some bug fixes, introduces some difference. If you're interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/l-3-time-warp-game-romfirmware

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits
Electronics
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball
Led
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
Tools
Pincoder Store
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 269 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-do-the-time-warp-clubagain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.