(Topic ID: 12389)

Let the GARAGE GAMEROOM conversion begin!

By dangermouse007

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

unnamed.jpg
    garage_makeover_038.jpg
    garage_makeover_033.jpg
    garage_makeover_030.jpg
    garage_makeover_026.jpg
    garage_makeover_016.jpg
    garage_makeover_010.jpg
    garage_makeover_012.jpg
    garage_makeover_009.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

Finally convinced the wife the garage is not the place to park a car and would be far better off regaining lost space in the house by relocating the pins out there!

Thought i would share any pic's along the way as i know i really enjoy seeing what others have done with gamerooms.

Hoping the final fit out will contain 7 pinball machines,big screen,couch,jukebox and a stand up 60 in 1 arcade machine

First up ive removed windows and the garage door and started gutting the inside..

garage_makeover_009.jpggarage_makeover_009.jpg garage_makeover_012.jpggarage_makeover_012.jpg garage_makeover_010.jpggarage_makeover_010.jpg garage_makeover_016.jpggarage_makeover_016.jpg

#2 12 years ago

Nice one! Good luck out there. Although drop that 60-1 machine for a real MAME with a lot more. Although...sometimes too many game can be a hassle.

#3 12 years ago

that is quite the undertaking.. take lots of pics along the way. im sure it will be awesome. nice of the wifey to let u do this!

#4 12 years ago

You got for it, you will be very satisfied with the results. I agree with the law, spend the extra few bucks and get a modern multicade rig, 100-1000 games depending on which board. Well worth it Love me the garage game room!!

#5 12 years ago

Looks good. What's going in place of the door?

French doors or something with easy in and out access would be nice for rotating the collection.

#6 12 years ago

awesome. looking forward to seeing it when done. Special spouse!

#7 12 years ago

Nice. Make sure the door is 30" or wider to make moving pins in and out easier.

#8 12 years ago

Looks good. What's going in place of the door?

French doors or something with easy in and out access would be nice for rotating the collection.

Door filled in and then gonna remove the single door at the side and replace with french doors opening out to the lawn/garden area.

garage_makeover_026.jpggarage_makeover_026.jpg garage_makeover_030.jpggarage_makeover_030.jpg garage_makeover_033.jpggarage_makeover_033.jpg garage_makeover_038.jpggarage_makeover_038.jpg

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Nice one! Good luck out there. Although drop that 60-1 machine for a real MAME with a lot more. Although...sometimes too many game can be a hassle.

Quoted from Pin_Crazed:

I agree with the law, spend the extra few bucks and get a modern multicade rig, 100-1000 games depending on which board. Well worth it []

mmmmmmm..would love one of those arcade legends you guys have over there,drool!

#10 12 years ago

Good for you! I had to do a double take on your thread title...I am in the process of doing a game room in my garage and I wondered when I had started a thread about it!

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I am in the process of doing a game room in my garage and I wondered when I had started a thread about it!

I'm also working on a game room. Just doing the basics right now getting it cleaned out and painted. Then will move on to other things like lighting. Anyone have any advice on the best way to light a gameroom with pins in it? Want to have decent light but also don't want to have glare on all of the pins. I guess a dimmer would help with this.

#12 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Anyone have any advice on the best way to light a gameroom with pins in it?

I will see if I can find the link, I was at a home and garden show and bought a 16 foot long strip of LED lights. It comes with a regular cord and dimmer. Really cool! I haven't installed them yet so the review is tentative.

I am using "up and down" wall sconces as other lighting. Hopefully, these will reduce glare. They will also be on dimmers...

Something like this though I don't know exactly which style I will go with...

#13 12 years ago

ooops. link

#14 12 years ago

lmao

unnamed.jpgunnamed.jpg

#15 12 years ago
    Quoted from dangermouse007:

mmmmmmm..would love one of those arcade legends you guys have over there,drool!

Depending on how you do it, varying levels of difficulty. If you already have the 60 in 1, then you already have a cabinet and computer inside, which is everything you need basically. Just might have to install new software (front end like Hyperspin = Free) and got more games (Roms).

If you already have it and it has hyperspin, adding more games is drag and drop.

If you don't have anything, doing it yourself isn't that difficult. I mean if you work on pins the physical stuff shouldn't be that hard. Blah blah blah I could go on for a awhile about this but if your interested I've read more than a few people here have set ups.

#16 12 years ago

Looking good, keep us up to date.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/let-the-garage-gameroom-conversion-begin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.