th_Lebowski.jpg
WOZ-playfield-center.jpg
Lemon%20Baby.gif
f5cf2d96cdff74e01d87ab37abed80cd.jpg
images.jpg
untitled.png
popcorn.gif
witch_flies_4.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

"I want the game on location as soon as possible so you can see and
play what I can see. ONLY THEN will you begin to understand. Only then
will the time spent waiting melt away and you will forget days like
today when you are "disappointed"

I'm an entrepreneur, positive thinker, creative, motivated and
determined. Failure is not where I live. Coming up on 37 years in this
industry. I don't expect all of you to understand where I am or live
where I live. What we are all doing together has never been done this
way and I'm thrilled you are all along for this wild ride. I'm not
feeling bummed or disappointed really - minor setback for x days - OK
- I get it.......

All in all we are in a good place and working very hard to be where we
need to be as soon as we can get there. Much more than this, I cannot
say but Thank You to each of you for being there with us."
- show quoted text -

#2 11 years ago

Hey Jack, don't worry about what a few Dbags think.....you are an innovator, positive force and should be applauded for what you are doing for the pinball community........"ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM".....one of my favorite Latin sayings from a judge friend of mine..."DON'T LET THE BASTARDS WEAR YOU DOWN"

What I'm looking forward to is seeing the excitement on my kids faces when they get a chance to play this pin......and I'm sure you must be excited for all of the other folks that this pin could bring into the pinball world....

Here's to great success and a better and revived pinball community for the future!

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Not only no test pin on location by Labor Day. No WoZ in 2012.

Not at all what he was saying! I didn't include the whole quote....Essentially, pin will be on location sometime next week and the disappointment was over not having it out by the end of this week....

He also makes reference to the movie Tilt that he just watched and admitted had he seen that before he might not have ever ventured into the pinball world....I'd say Jack has come a LONG way from day one and the journey will end up being well worth it for everybody...

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'm not complaining its taking too long. Only about the quality of these "updates".

I think even he admits now to this....the "update" machine has seen its share of mistakes, and we live and learn.....and hopefully don't continue to make those mistakes....

He knows its time to put out a drop dead date on production for the entire team.....ala Steve Jobs...

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Like I said.....we have to read between the lines since he didn't say much of anything at all, other than being disappointed and waiting longer.

I mean he actually did say, right or wrong again that the delay is only a few days and the test will be on location next week....that's what he actually said, now, as for reading between the lines, that has historically been code for "well it might take even a little longer".....

#16 11 years ago

There are actually several replies from Jack addressing the disappointment that the end of the month deadline won't be met and he acknowledges the bungles in communication and states clearly that the delay for test game is a few days delayed apparently for what Keith is working on....

My guess is they don't want to put the game out with mostly unfinished code and take a beating like Stern has gotten.....I think that is a mistake, put it out there, the end result will be great...

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You've gotta be shitting me!

That isn't exactly going to give people the warm and fuzzy feeling.

At this point, I probably wouldn't have said that either!.....Wait until the pin is out and gets reviewed and then have a laugh about it because we all know it ain't easy, that really doesn't matter....

Hopefully that sentiment changes afterwards!

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

But I thought Alex said the code was pretty much done (not to mention his willingness to bet Exejet that it would be on location by eob on 9-1-12)?!

Well, the code is apparently "pretty much done" and "pretty much" ain't good enough due to what TheLaw just said.....I think they are terrified to put something out unfinished and look hypocritical......either way, it doesn't look good....

And I would have bet Sleeze too that test game would be on location by then and would have lost it....but Sleeze doesn't really believe 90% of what he says....

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Oh man ! Iceman came so close to losing his LOTR . Wowzers

Hahaha...yep, I sure did Jim! Nobody took me up on it though so I guess close doesn't count

#36 11 years ago

You got a great pin coming out from a guy that's trying to do what he can to help the pinball community grow and become relevant again.....

The guy takes a flurry of crap, non-stop, some of it self inflicted, but at the end of the day I don't know how you can't stand up and cheer for the guy....

Unless of course, you are a total Dbag.....

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

You did put you money where you mouth is and I am sure you would have paid

I would have paid the 1k bet offer for sure....I don't think I really would have put up my LOTR as much as I love it, that had a little bit of a bluff factor in it

#52 11 years ago

Missed deadline yes AND that it's still all good for most of us!

Come on Sleeze you were scared. I suggested leering another Pinsider hold the money. You know what's coming and you will disappear soon enough.

#66 11 years ago

Tried to start a positive Woz thread with some info. It always ends up this way Doesn't it Ted.

Ok so I'm a dumb---- for being a believer. Im a happy dumbshit though!

The only pain I feel is the result of my knee scope today

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : profanity

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

WOZ is like religion to people: All wishful, emotional "thinking" and no evidence.

You are confused with Barack Obama

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Im not in on WoZ but from my point of view the only people that should be bitching about the game delays are the ones with pre-orders. Why the people who don't need to pile on is beyond me.
Same goes for people that have been burned by Stern.
People ragging on JJP with nothing on the line just seem to wanna create a conflict. Life's too short for that kinda crap.

If we truly care about pinball and the community I really don't understand why we can't all get along and be thankful about the fact that JJP has helped the excitement level along with pushing Stern to a new level....and I give major props to Stern for his recent line up of pins, its all good for all of us....

Jack is a "pleaser" and makes the mistake too often of telling people what they want to hear and has caused himself all kinds of grief because of it....if that's the worst part about Jack then so be it...

#128 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Taking that kind of money from people is wrong.

He should have never asked for a dime, until the games were ready to ship.

That's just absurd......I guess that's part of the "you didn't build that" crowd mindset ...

#248 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

You ran on hype and blind faith. Buying into a preacher asking for donations.

Really dumb move giving someone that kind of money upfront on a startup.

This whole thing is such a mess. It's like watching a train wreck. What a way to run a business.

Sounds like you are talking about Obama but the difference here is that we will have a pin delivered soon enough.....

The FACT is that Jack has already sold a thousand LE's plus several hundred of the regular on "pre-order".....and the FACT is that if anyone doesn't like the delay they can call and get their money back, there are plenty of people standing in line to get an LE.....and the other FACT (not really a "fact" but likely) is that as soon as this pin comes out the "business" that Jack runs will announce JJP#2 and it will outsell Woz....

so it sounds like he's "running a pretty good business" to me.....despite the delays...

#252 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Some people have nothing better to do than bitch.
If a buyer is not happy he can get a refund or sell his spot. I know people who are waiting.
A bunch of us will be seeing Jack in a few weeks and play the game.

Yep, you guys are lucky Ted! That should be great....are you going before PPE?...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
10,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, SC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/latest-update-from-jack-on-woz?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.