th_Lebowski.jpg
WOZ-playfield-center.jpg
Lemon%20Baby.gif
f5cf2d96cdff74e01d87ab37abed80cd.jpg
images.jpg
untitled.png
popcorn.gif
witch_flies_4.gif
There are 325 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 11 years ago
Quoted from PinWiz17:

Jack isn't going to release it if it has any bugs. The software will be 100% not 30% like Stern... I'm not pick sides and I hope both companys excel beyond any of our hopes! Jack literarily has his name riding on this pin and he will release it when it's 100% done. After what Stern did rushing Xmen out and the uproar it caused I think we can all agree we would like to see a pin come out that is a full finished product out of the box.

Yep!!

I think we'd also like to see it come out this century.

#52 11 years ago

Missed deadline yes AND that it's still all good for most of us!

Come on Sleeze you were scared. I suggested leering another Pinsider hold the money. You know what's coming and you will disappear soon enough.

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from PinWiz17:

The software will be 100% not 30% like Stern.

So this stuff gets a pass and missed dates are taboo? Really ?

Jim

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep!!

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep!!

If people think WOZ is taking a long time it's going to take alot longer for JPOPs Magic Girl and BHZA to come out!

#56 11 years ago

I wish the OP had the option to close his thread.

animated-gifs-death-40.gifanimated-gifs-death-40.gif

#57 11 years ago

Why does one camp of believers get so upset with the other camp who simply says, "Where is the game?" Some believers take it so personal. Good golly, it's only pinball. Some of you might need to check your BP, and then maybe your social calendar.

Wish Jack and co. the best. Bet that game gets produced eventually. When, is anybody's guess, as we have all seen.

#58 11 years ago

We only get upset because it's the same s--- over and over and over and over and over.

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : profanity

#59 11 years ago

If anyone here wants to bail on their LE, I have a friend that will take it. PM me....

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

We only get upset because it's the same shit over and over and over and over and over.

Dude, are you even on the list for one? No offense, but you have no business complaining about ANyONE on this forum posted some bull----, GIFtacula.

#61 11 years ago

Bite me! Don't like my opinion...leave!

anim_22.gifanim_22.gif

#62 11 years ago

Oh boy! Thread to be closed in 3,2...

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

No, I don't like your never ending barrage of exploding eyeballs, titty jiggles, cartoon people doing wacky s---, and emoticons. My iPad screen looks like my 13 year old's text list.

#65 11 years ago

Then leave!

animated-gifs-death-02.gifanimated-gifs-death-02.gif

#66 11 years ago

Tried to start a positive Woz thread with some info. It always ends up this way Doesn't it Ted.

Ok so I'm a dumb---- for being a believer. Im a happy dumbshit though!

The only pain I feel is the result of my knee scope today

#67 11 years ago

I hope that the game comes out great and they iron out their scheduling/planning problems. Accurate milestones and staying on schedule are important (obviously), but even more-so when you make everything public.

Being a part of a startup company is extremely difficult and the backers being the customers must make it that much harder. I'm not interested in WOZ, but if they pull it off I can't wait to see what they come out with next.

If JJP turns into a successful company that puts out great games (on time), then nobody is really going to care about the rocky start. It happens with other startups all the time. Does anyone today give a shit that Twitter went down almost every day when it first started? Nope.

#68 11 years ago

I know, Ice...it's always the same crap and the same people.

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

I hope that the game comes out great and they iron out their scheduling/planning problems. Accurate milestones and staying on schedule are important (obviously), but even more-so when you make everything public.
Being a part of a startup company is extremely difficult and the backers being the customers must make it that much harder. I'm not interested in WOZ, but if they pull it off I can't wait to see what they come out with next.
If JJP turns into a successful company that puts out great games (on time), then nobody is really going to care about the rocky start. It happens with other startups all the time. Does anyone today give a shit that Twitter went down almost every day when it first started? Nope.

Well said good sir!

#70 11 years ago

It always ends in war with men...........................I happen to love Ted's Giftacula. To hell with all of you, Jack & Gary can both kiss my a$$. Jack for over promising and doing WOZ as his first pin and Gary for.................Oh $hit, don't even make me go there, there is not enough room on this thread.

#71 11 years ago

ok...I'm laughing now. Thanks Dark!

ALL_Right.gifALL_Right.gif

#72 11 years ago

WOZ is like religion to people: All wishful, emotional "thinking" and no evidence.

#73 11 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

WOZ is like religion to people: All wishful, emotional "thinking" and no evidence.

You are confused with Barack Obama

#74 11 years ago

Jack has made claims that have been wrong. It's not a problem waiting for a great game. Woz buyers are patient, and can handle the truth if communicated. The problem is he made deadline claims that didn't happen, creating disappointment, and undermining credibility.

He has said "under promise, and over deliver." He should have done this.

I also hope the game comes out great, and I still think it will.

#75 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

We only get upset because it's the same shit over and over and over and over and over.

Just like the missed dates?

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

No, I don't like your never ending barrage of exploding eyeballs, titty jiggles, cartoon people doing wacky shit, and emoticons. My iPad screen looks like my 13 year old's text list.

Yes, it would be nice if we could turn it off. It's very annoying.
Pappy

#77 11 years ago

think about this...look at everything it has taken for jack to get to the point he's at and where he has to get to....think about all the vendors he works with and all the people he has to employ to make the games. think about all the time that has gone bye i think it was said 18 months so far, then think about what john popaduk is trying to do with magic girl and then bhza...tell me those games will be out in 18 months? it wont even come close to how fast jack has gotten to this point. nuff said

#78 11 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

think about all the time that has gone bye i think it was said 18 months so far, then think about what john popaduk is trying to do with magic girl and then bhza...tell me those games will be out in 18 months?

2015 ...and that's being generous.

#79 11 years ago

Pop never made deadline promises. Those buyers knew what the outlook was.

#80 11 years ago

lol

Gotta love the deflection away from JJP's broken deadlines to JPop.

#81 11 years ago

As a lurker here I should probably know better than to get involved in one of these threads. But it seems to me these threads tend to go downhill more from JJP supporters trashing other manufacturers than from the 1 or 2 legitimate JJP trolls that always interject. Why the need to bring JPOP or Stern into these conversations at all?

Having said that WOZ looks great and I'm in for JJP #2 if I like the theme.

#82 11 years ago

Yes, it would be nice if we could turn it off. It's very annoying.
Pappy

Tough!

smoke.gifsmoke.gif

#83 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

Not true. I guarantee a percentage of those customers are patiently waiting on the best game ever built to be delivered to them. They knew what they were in for from the beginning.

+2 to that.

I stopped viewing updates clips 6 months ago so whenever mine shows up it'll all be new to me. I've got plenty of other pins to occupy me in the meantime.

#84 11 years ago

Thank you for that Gambit. I literally laughed out loud when I read this.

#85 11 years ago

You get it Mr.B! Some people just gotta bitch....

#86 11 years ago

The problem is ,that anyone with any manufacturing experience knew that the project deadlines were complete nonsense ! If those people dared say anything they were labeled as HATERS.

I hope Jack gets this project moving and makes a great machine,from what I have seen, he has miles and miles to go before anyone sees their WOZ !

Good luck guys !

Jim

#87 11 years ago

I didn't get in on WoZ because I figured at least 3+ years to do this starting from scratch with no factory and am amazed how far the project has come in such a short time.
I have a feeling when this game is done it will blow your mind.
If it fails then Stern can go back to building strippies again then everyone will really have something to bitch about.

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

The problem is ,that anyone with any manufacturing experience knew that the project deadlines were complete nonsense ! If those people dared say anything they were labeled as HATERS.
I hope Jack gets this project moving and makes a great machine,from what I have seen, he has miles and miles to go before anyone sees their WOZ !
Good luck guys !
Jim

YOU HATER!!!!

The irony here is that Jack *does* have some manufacturing experience, doesn't he?

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

If it fails then Stern can go back to building strippies again then everyone will really have something to bitch about.

True that !

Jim

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Yes, it would be nice if we could turn it off.

Um, you can turn them off...the ignore feature would probably work?

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Um, you can turn them off...the ignore feature would probably work?

Exactly -good point Gorilla
thats why we have it now

#92 11 years ago

There ya go!

hulksmile.gifhulksmile.gif

#93 11 years ago

Looks like the Hulkster could use a laxative, if he keeps that up he will have a raging case of the piles.

#94 11 years ago

Wow, I feel the opposite way about TILT. I love that movie. It's what turned my attention to pinball in the first place. I do see how it could have scared him off, though, given what he's doing.

#95 11 years ago

Im not in on WoZ but from my point of view the only people that should be bitching about the game delays are the ones with pre-orders. Why the people who don't need to pile on is beyond me.

Same goes for people that have been burned by Stern.

People ragging on JJP with nothing on the line just seem to wanna create a conflict. Life's too short for that kinda crap.

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

People ragging on JJP with nothing on the line just seem to wanna create a conflict. Life's too short for that kinda crap.

Well played sir!!!

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Im not in on WoZ but from my point of view the only people that should be bitching about the game delays are the ones with pre-orders. Why the people who don't need to pile on is beyond me.
Same goes for people that have been burned by Stern.

If we truly care about pinball and the community I really don't understand why we can't all get along and be thankful about the fact that JJP has helped the excitement level along with pushing Stern to a new level....and I give major props to Stern for his recent line up of pins, its all good for all of us....

Jack is a "pleaser" and makes the mistake too often of telling people what they want to hear and has caused himself all kinds of grief because of it....if that's the worst part about Jack then so be it...

#98 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

the only people that should be bitching about the game delays are the ones with pre-orders.

I have a pre-order in... (from the beginning too!)
You don't see me bitching about the delays.
It's a little thing called "patience" and it seems like the world is forgetting how amazingly simple it is to wield.
After all,
Once the start button is finally pressed, that "year-plus-???" grief you once had will slowly melt away like the Wicked Witch, in a gelatinous pool of technicolor awesomeness.

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

» YouTube video

The Orson Welles (while drunk) takes on youtube are priceless

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

how do you do the finger thing...?

I need to know

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 24.50
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 91.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 325 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/latest-update-from-jack-on-woz/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.