Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 592 posts
  • 137 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Anony
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

002E2B11-3F54-46CF-984F-8F25FB9E7A7C (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Capture (resized).PNG
    2BC5D361-07F0-48AD-ADB4-DA19118C73CC (resized).jpeg
    0334400F-9F4E-4A4B-98EE-D641FFCA0008 (resized).png
    0334400F-9F4E-4A4B-98EE-D641FFCA0008 (resized).png
    2FAEF5B3-A260-4A36-8AA8-B3B9881EBA49 (resized).png
    pretend-shocked.gif
    5C9B262F-F57C-4950-AC8B-17B771B99843 (resized).jpeg
    4E968C62-0147-4461-9C46-07F6D91C4CFC (resized).jpeg
    20220821_175039.jpg
    117033B3-F62E-4C65-BE8D-F4DC16427F81 (resized).jpeg
    cdc (resized).jpeg
    6414A31B-1BBB-4652-ACDC-5F17AC4204DD (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider khl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#173 1 year ago

So sorry to hear of this, I actually live in Gresham, Oregon. Very curious as to who this scammer is, hope everyone gets made whole!

Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Hey all,
    Like many of you, I collect arcade games as well as pins. An Oregon collector lured about 80 of us out of approx $450-500K in several weeks, states he used the funds on another investment and now all the games were lost in a "fire" on Thursday evening. This is after pushing off STI for 3 weeks as they attempted to pick up the games many times. If you remain nice to him, you may have a remote chance to get your money back is the official position offered, though only to select individuals. I was blinded by the ability to pick up some rare titles and never wired anyone funds before, so please let this be a wake up call for others. I'm out over $7k. Hoping my loss can be a reminder for others:
    https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/new-games-and-prices-updated-list-again.508562/
    https://forums.arcade-museum.com/threads/sold.508049/page-18#post-4540795
    Sadly, if others on PS have experience dealing with similar situations and actionable next steps, please PM me.

#196 1 year ago

In Oregon, most of us have a combo grow op/arcade.

Quoted from ZNET:

Lots of marijuana smoke, no doubt inhaled by the games in the fire. I hear that a Donkey Kong turned into a Chiller. ;>

#242 1 year ago

I don't believe that it's Limo/Scuba Steve, he's based in the Salem area as far as I am aware.

blockquote cite="#7073397">Is this same Steve as Limo Steve?
    He used to post on CL all the time.

#248 1 year ago

I'm curious about the grow op, if it was sizeable enough to start a fire I'd have to assume it was a (legal) commercial operation. If so, it'll be interesting to see how insurance works out here.

#272 1 year ago

Curious? Certainly not enough to physically go snooping around a spot with that much heat on it (pun intended).

Quoted from flynnibus:

For all we know it could have just been a single electrical appliance/wire fire that spread to a wall or just 10sq ft of the place.
    We all hear 'warehouse fire' and we all immediately leap to 'catastrophic gutting'. But it could have been much smaller, or anything inbetween. My speculation is they had a fire in part of the building and the damage we are talking about is just the overflow that happens when fireman spray thousands gallons of water into a flat floor space
    And oregon allows quite a bit of growth for personal use - https://www.oregon.gov/oha/PH/DISEASESCONDITIONS/CHRONICDISEASE/MEDICALMARIJUANAPROGRAM/Documents/Plant-Limit-Chart.pdf
    You're local - have you not had the curiosity to go look yourself?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider khl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/klov-community-scam?tu=khl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.