Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 294 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Joe_Blasi
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2892.gif
    statler-and-waldorf-argue-about muppets pinball.gif
    IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
    bb555 (resized).png
    IMG_1759.jpeg
    Pinside_forum_7842208_3625839 (resized).png
    IMG_0474 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Steve Ritchie nov2014.jpg
    images.jpeg-55 (resized).jpg
    matrix pinball (resized).jpg
    The_Keymaker (resized).jpg
    6609333A-D827-473D-8EFE-7B85FF0552C0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1935 (resized).png
    972A6900-35D6-475D-9DAE-C8746047803A.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 11 months ago
    Quoted from AMSNL:

You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.
    [quoted image]

This is the Johnny Mnemonic retheme done by the Dutch guys that caused WB to freak OUT and send them C&D letters. Only 10 were made.

Consider that Jack also took a picture with a huge BTTF (I think?) mural just days before Godfather was announced. Don’t forget the PeeWee Herman prank they planted for the factory tour. JJP loves misdirection. Also looking back some folk also swore that Toy Story wasn’t the next game back in 2022 and it was, so not seeing any awesome track records to back up this rumor.

Matrix is probably a code name or merely a hype tactic.

#36 11 months ago
    Quoted from AMSNL:

Isochronic_Frost It was MY game I brought to the show in France so it can be shared and played with pinball enthusiasts, that it happen to be at the JJP stand could mean anything or nothing That is what rumors do… time wil tell

Great! It just seemed like some were suggesting this was JJPs game, when that one is in-fact just a rethemed JM. Many people don’t know the story so it’s good to give them the background instead of letting speculation and incorrect info spread!

Quoted from TopMoose:

I don’t like a dull standard fan layout, which is pretty much all Steve Richie does anymore. The maze of loops and combos in Foo Fighters and Godzilla actually have the innovative feel of bullet time.
    Also, the Wachowskis have flatly stated that The Matrix is a transgender allegory. To me, Richie’s designs have the same vibe as a straight pride parade.

What a terrible take. The Wachowskis have also denied any transgender allegories for over 20 years and only said that when it was time to cash in. Don’t let rainbow capitalism fool you. By the way the Wachowskis stole the entire story of Matrix so they don’t have any right to talk about the inspiration for a story they stole.
    Edit: wow, slight disagreement of a politically charged comment warranted a block? That’s awesome.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-rumor-steve-ritchie-s-the-matrix?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.