Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 231 posts
  • 105 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

statler-and-waldorf-argue-about muppets pinball.gif
    IMG_1682 (resized).jpeg
    bb555 (resized).png
    IMG_1759.jpeg
    Pinside_forum_7842208_3625839 (resized).png
    IMG_0474 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Steve Ritchie nov2014.jpg
    images.jpeg-55 (resized).jpg
    matrix pinball (resized).jpg
    The_Keymaker (resized).jpg
    6609333A-D827-473D-8EFE-7B85FF0552C0 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1935 (resized).png
    972A6900-35D6-475D-9DAE-C8746047803A.gif

There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 10 months ago

Kaneda is reporting that rather than Elton John, Ritchie's next title for JJP will be The Matrix to coincide with the 25th anniversary. Obviously a huge property that many pinheads have been vocal about for years.

How many of you would commit to this title just based on property alone? The Godfather is my favorite movie...but JJP didn't really do much with it beyond key art. Matrix seems better suited to the world under glass.

#2 10 months ago

Start mode: Nice to see you Mr. Anderson.

#3 10 months ago
    Quoted from JH315:

ow many of you would commit to this title just based on property alone?

Dream theme but no way with JJP. Open to seeing what they do though.

#4 10 months ago

Shut up and take my money!

#5 10 months ago
    Quoted from epg3:

Shut up and take my money!

Wait a second. You don't wanna see how it flips? How it plays? What it looks like? 12 to 15 grand just poof? I await with cautious optimism.

#6 10 months ago

Wasn't there a matrix pin in the jjp pics from the event recently in france?

#7 10 months ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Wait a second. You don't wanna see how it flips? How it plays? What it looks like? 12 to 15 grand just poof? I await with cautious optimism.

Just joking… Dream Theme for me but I sure would need to at least see it first…

#8 10 months ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Dream theme but no way with JJP. Open to seeing what they do though.

JJ makes absolutely gorgeous games. I really appreciate their artwork and attention to detail. All their machines are beautiful to look at. But, thus far, I'm not as big a fan of how they shoot. If they're designing a Matrix game I'd hope that they go with some vertical ramps and acrobatic stuff befitting the theme. Something like Stern's Avengers Infinity Quest meets JJP's Wizard of Oz.

I think this theme does lend itself well to the 2nd and 3rd playfields JJP has had in some of their games - so it might really be a winner if it's a good shooter.

#9 10 months ago

Matrix is long overdo. Dream theme for me. Unfortunately with my luck, it’ll probably be Matrix 4.

#10 10 months ago

Matrix 1 only or pass

#11 10 months ago

Theme could be great if done well and not hog-tied by the licensee. Steve would make a great shooter no doubt, but I can't help but imagine artwork like what we see on Queen currently. Would love if they could get someone like Brian Allen to do the art for this but its probably too far off course for the IP to do that. I expect if this is true, you'll see 20+ year old photoshops of film shots into collages.

I hope I'm wrong.

edit. Also I'd love to see a big lean on on the green theme and just do what Tron never did from the factory.

#12 10 months ago

Meh.. why not go for Top-Gun or Avatar instead, which are much more popular licenses than The Matrix right now? Can't see it doing very well on location these days.

#13 10 months ago

At a minimum its better than doing Elton John...

#14 10 months ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

At a minimum its better than doing Elton John...

I feel like Elton John may be very similar to Queen. A respected artist, but the music isn't very well suited to pinball, especially once you get to the mid-80's and his catalog drove off a cliff.

#15 10 months ago

Steve's game is slated for Chicago Expo reveal?

#16 10 months ago

I'm down for Matrix love the theme if they were to make it I hope they get a good amount of the movie clips and voices for it.

#17 10 months ago

Oh no no no JJP you won’t fool me again. Amazing theme but no magic, micro pf, poor customer support, high prices. I won’t be getting too excited about this just yet.

#18 10 months ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I'm down for Matrix love the theme if they were to make it I hope they get a good amount of the movie clips and voices for it.

That’s a good point. Maybe we get something like this?

972A6900-35D6-475D-9DAE-C8746047803A.gif972A6900-35D6-475D-9DAE-C8746047803A.gif
    #19 10 months ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

That’s a good point. Maybe we get something like this?[quoted image]

Lol the more I think of it knowing JJP it will be The Matrix Resurrections

#20 10 months ago

At $12,500 to start as well with Mirco, no thanks!

#21 10 months ago

I’m all for a Matrix pin, but not from Steve Richie - he’s absolutely the wrong choice to design this title. Gomez, Danger or even Elwin would make a way better Matrix game for Stern.

#22 10 months ago
    Quoted from chad:

At $12,500 to start as well with Mirco, no thanks!

No problems with playfields on ts4 and godfather so far. So maybe mirco is getting better. You can also order a playfield protector or get a new playfield send it guy out here who can clear coat it right.

#23 10 months ago
    Quoted from Jaytech10:

No problems with playfields on ts4 and godfather so far. So maybe mirco is getting better. You can also order a playfield protector or get a new playfield send it guy out here who can clear coat it right.

#24 10 months ago

You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

IMG_1935 (resized).pngIMG_1935 (resized).png
    #25 10 months ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

I’m all for a Matrix pin, but not from Steve Richie - he’s absolutely the wrong choice to design this title. Gomez, Danger or even Elwin would make a way better Matrix game for Stern.

You don't like upper flippers hitting a ramp? Because I'm promising you that's what we are gonna get.

#26 10 months ago

Matrix is 20 years late.
    Elton John is just 10 x Meh

#27 10 months ago

If they want to sell games at current prices, they need to put stuff in it at woz level. No more barren toy story shite.

#28 10 months ago
    Quoted from AMSNL:

You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.
    [quoted image]

This is the Johnny Mnemonic retheme done by the Dutch guys that caused WB to freak OUT and send them C&D letters. Only 10 were made.

Consider that Jack also took a picture with a huge BTTF (I think?) mural just days before Godfather was announced. Don’t forget the PeeWee Herman prank they planted for the factory tour. JJP loves misdirection. Also looking back some folk also swore that Toy Story wasn’t the next game back in 2022 and it was, so not seeing any awesome track records to back up this rumor.

Matrix is probably a code name or merely a hype tactic.

#29 10 months ago

Isochronic_Frost It was MY game I brought to the show in France so it can be shared and played with pinball enthusiasts, that it happen to be at the JJP stand could mean anything or nothing That is what rumors do… time wil tell

#30 10 months ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Matrix is 20 years late.
    Elton John is just 10 x Meh

You own Batman 66 which is 50+ years late yet it did great sales wise.

#31 10 months ago

Id Love a Matrix pin but JJP dont fuck this up. Its Matrix the original movie and thats it. Dont put any of the other movies in there. Also there would have to be some kind of risk or reward in the game with the option to take the red pill or blue pill.

#32 10 months ago

Meh.

#33 10 months ago

I’m excited to see what Steve can do at JJP. I’m sure he will do great if given the freedom.

#34 10 months ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You own Batman 66 which is 50+ years late yet it did great sales wise.

BM66 is retro campy fun.
    Timeless nostalgia.
    Latest matrix was also piss poor, feels spoiled.

#35 10 months ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

You don't like upper flippers hitting a ramp? Because I'm promising you that's what we are gonna get.

I don’t like a dull standard fan layout, which is pretty much all Steve Richie does anymore. The maze of loops and combos in Foo Fighters and Godzilla actually have the innovative feel of bullet time.

Also, the Wachowskis have flatly stated that The Matrix is a transgender allegory. To me, Richie’s designs have the same vibe as a straight pride parade.

#36 10 months ago
    Quoted from AMSNL:

Isochronic_Frost It was MY game I brought to the show in France so it can be shared and played with pinball enthusiasts, that it happen to be at the JJP stand could mean anything or nothing That is what rumors do… time wil tell

Great! It just seemed like some were suggesting this was JJPs game, when that one is in-fact just a rethemed JM. Many people don’t know the story so it’s good to give them the background instead of letting speculation and incorrect info spread!

Quoted from TopMoose:

I don’t like a dull standard fan layout, which is pretty much all Steve Richie does anymore. The maze of loops and combos in Foo Fighters and Godzilla actually have the innovative feel of bullet time.
    Also, the Wachowskis have flatly stated that The Matrix is a transgender allegory. To me, Richie’s designs have the same vibe as a straight pride parade.

What a terrible take. The Wachowskis have also denied any transgender allegories for over 20 years and only said that when it was time to cash in. Don’t let rainbow capitalism fool you. By the way the Wachowskis stole the entire story of Matrix so they don’t have any right to talk about the inspiration for a story they stole.
    Edit: wow, slight disagreement of a politically charged comment warranted a block? That’s awesome.

#37 10 months ago

Thinking whatever it is Steve R. is gonna be motivated to create a masterpiece after all the criticism he’s taken the last several years.

And stick it to Stern and the young guns

#38 10 months ago
    Quoted from Jaytech10:

Hopefully that is the case and it has been resolved.

#39 10 months ago

Not my cup of tea, but I'm maxed out anyway.

Hope it works for the masses and JJP.

#40 10 months ago
    Quoted from JH315:

How many of you would commit to this title just based on property alone?

JJP is 12k entry level. I’m out no matter what.

#41 10 months ago

Top Gun would have made for a much better theme and pinball machine IMO.

#42 10 months ago

Won't believe it until jack takes a photo infront of a squid, or a transgender!

#43 10 months ago

Keanu would most likely be interested in doing voice acting

I would worry that the licensor would be a little tougher to work with and want to use the new movie which would be lame.

I would just want it to be the first movie, with the soundtrack and Lawrence Fishburne telling me that he believes that I am the one as I'm shooting the pinball.

#44 10 months ago

A Steve Ritchie game based on "The Matrix" universe has the potential to be truly amazing. However, I must admit that I've grown a bit disillusioned with recent games from JJP. The abundance of multiballs has left me wanting more variety in their game design. I sincerely hope that JJP will take note and scale back on the reliance of multiballs in their future releases. I shouldn't feel disappointed when starting yet another one.

#45 10 months ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

...Matrix is probably a code name or merely a hype tactic.

Ahhhh! JJP is providing May Tricks.

#46 10 months ago

A Matrix theme with slot machine soundtrack...I'll take the blue pill please!

#47 10 months ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

A Steve Ritchie game based on "The Matrix" universe has the potential to be truly amazing. However, I must admit that I've grown a bit disillusioned with recent games from JJP. The abundance of multiballs has left me wanting more variety in their game design. I sincerely hope that JJP will take note and scale back on the reliance of multiballs in their future releases. I shouldn't feel disappointed when starting yet another one.

True. I hate the defense of "learn the rules" when someone compalins about too many multiballs. I know the rules, and the rules are "drown your ass in multiballs." Metallica is awesome because Lyman knew that single ball modes can be just as exciting, if not more so, than multiballs. If metallic were a jjp, you better believe the first thing they would have done would be to make Crank it Up modes to be all 6 ball mutluballs.

#48 10 months ago

Why would anyone believe what Kaneda says. The guy is a complete tool and I am shocked that 600 other tools pay to listen to his BS shows. He has already said it was Billy Joel, then Elton John, now the Matrix. He is a complete JackAss!!!

#49 10 months ago

Enter the Matrix! ….with JJP’s IP assets.

6609333A-D827-473D-8EFE-7B85FF0552C0 (resized).jpeg6609333A-D827-473D-8EFE-7B85FF0552C0 (resized).jpeg
    #50 10 months ago
    Quoted from eharan:

Why would anyone believe what Kaneda says. The guy is a complete tool and I am shocked that 600 other tools pay to listen to his BS shows. He has already said it was Billy Joel, then Elton John, now the Matrix. He is a complete JackAss!!!

Ha ha..! Kman is parting fools from their money.. Every month. Good for him.

There are 231 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-rumor-steve-ritchie-s-the-matrix and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.