BBU (resized).jpg
JJP Super Kit (resized).jpg
IMG_0711 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9561 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0702 (1).jpeg
IMG_0701 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0695 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 33.
#951 39 days ago
Quoted from Netspider:

Best game yet...let's see everyone's progress
[quoted image]

I've barely broken 1 billion recently, but I don't have a picture handy. Here's a 899 million game instead.

I feel like the score balancing has been tweaked since these scores were made though, specifically Champ Multiball seems to be worth a lot less now.

Still super fun to rack up the points on this game though. I like that it is high scoring compared to other JJP games.

PXL_20240116_013556358 (resized).jpgPXL_20240116_013556358 (resized).jpg
#952 39 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I've barely broken 1 billion recently, but I don't have a picture handy. Here's a 899 million game instead.
I feel like the score balancing has been tweaked since these scores were made though, specifically Champ Multiball seems to be worth a lot less now.
Still super fun to rack up the points on this game though. I like that it is high scoring compared to other JJP games.
[quoted image]

That's awesome, I opened a 1970's Multiball that played the jam session from Funeral for a Friend and almost lost my shit it was so exciting, sensory overload with lights, music, metal balls flying and my eyes t
rying not betray my hands all while smiling as hard as I have in a long time playing a game.

#953 39 days ago
Quoted from Netspider:

That's awesome, I opened a 1970's Multiball that played the jam session from Funeral for a Friend and almost lost my shit it was so exciting, sensory overload with lights, music, metal balls flying and my eyes t
rying not betray my hands all while smiling as hard as I have in a long time playing a game.

My order is in. Can't wait. How does the sound quality compare to Stern LE and then against models with pin woffer installs?

#954 38 days ago
Quoted from LEDMARTIANEYES:

My order is in. Can't wait. How does the sound quality compare to Stern LE and then against models with pin woffer installs?

Not really a fair comparison. Elton John sounds like you are there in the studio. Even with Pinwoofers, most of the Stern music games suffer from low sample rates and a limited dynamic range.

#955 38 days ago

New Pin Day! This one is something special. Some unboxing photos. Something that they don't tell you in the instructions is to peel back the radical protective covering a bit before installing the legs and raising the backbox. It makes the final removal easier. Add that to your list if you're buying one NIB.

20240320_131645 (resized).jpg20240320_131645 (resized).jpg20240320_134242 (resized).jpg20240320_134242 (resized).jpg20240320_135108 (resized).jpg20240320_135108 (resized).jpg20240320_135523 (resized).jpg20240320_135523 (resized).jpg20240320_141439 (resized).jpg20240320_141439 (resized).jpg20240320_141650 (resized).jpg20240320_141650 (resized).jpg20240320_141949 (resized).jpg20240320_141949 (resized).jpg20240320_170603 (resized).jpg20240320_170603 (resized).jpg20240320_170608 (resized).jpg20240320_170608 (resized).jpg20240320_170926 (resized).jpg20240320_170926 (resized).jpg

#956 38 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

New Pin Day! This one is something special. Some unboxing photos. Something that they don't tell you in the instructions is to peel back the radical protective covering a bit before installing the legs and raising the backbox. It makes the final removal easier. Add that to your list if you're buying one NIB.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The topper is factory mounted?

#957 38 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Gorgeous! The glasses are a really great touch.

How about the legs? Are they still in a tray together on top? or on the sides? I was wondering about this being I saw that the topper comes already mounted. Thanks

#958 38 days ago

Looks gorgeous. Making me re-think a CE instead of a PE. Can you post pics of the rear backbox and under cabinet lighting system ?

#959 38 days ago
Quoted from MagicJack:

Received my game yesterday ... I'm speechless. It has the "Exorcist Syndrome" though.(Elton's head turning 180 degrees) ... anyone knows how to fix it ?

I just started to have the same 180 degree “exorcist” problem with Elton’s head. Has anyone been able to solve it?

#960 38 days ago
Quoted from Dvdstt:

I just started to have the same 180 degree “exorcist” problem with Elton’s head. Has anyone been able to solve it?

Owlton John can be solved with updating to the latest code and restarting your machine - at least that's how I did it.

#961 38 days ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Yep, ships to you already installed.

#962 38 days ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Yes, but there's one center acrylic piece to mount. Super easy.

#963 38 days ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Gorgeous! The glasses are a really great touch.
How about the legs? Are they still in a tray together on top? or on the sides? I was wondering about this being I saw that the topper comes already mounted. Thanks

Yes, legs are in a tray up top. You just cut the straps and lift the box off. No cutting necessary, super easy if you take the box off outside.

#964 38 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Looks gorgeous. Making me re-think a CE instead of a PE. Can you post pics of the rear backbox and under cabinet lighting system ?

Lots of Sparkle in the radcals too. Pics don't do it justice.

20240320_194729 (resized).jpg20240320_194729 (resized).jpg20240320_194748 (resized).jpg20240320_194748 (resized).jpg20240320_194813 (resized).jpg20240320_194813 (resized).jpg20240320_194831 (resized).jpg20240320_194831 (resized).jpg
#965 38 days ago
Quoted from LEDMARTIANEYES:

My order

I have never owned a LE from stern, but have a Premium Blackknight and not much music comes out of that game until you hit the retro mode. Here is a sample at around 2/3 volume. Hope it translates as I have a android, happy to do an iPhone as well in case it comes across better.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/xobxdia5j5r4qyx4koziz/h?rlkey=42vn0b00gbspf6hiov14d3blt&dl=0

#966 38 days ago

The sound is far better than a stern le

#967 38 days ago

There's a equalizer to adjust the sound to your liking. The default profile is a slight bass boost.

20240320_201936 (resized).jpg20240320_201936 (resized).jpg
#968 38 days ago

Is the equalizer on both the PE and CE or just the CE ?

#969 38 days ago
Quoted from muttonboy:

I had the same issues with rockabilly lights along with the side ramp letter light cuts board 07, swap the USB cable worked for me it was bad/flakey.

Thanks, this is it. I reseated the usb at the board and at the hub and it came back to life. I'm gonna order some of these to have on hand.

#970 38 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Is the equalizer on both the PE and CE or just the CE ?

Standard on all JJP pins ... well at least when the beta code rolls into public releases on Wonka and prior. I'm not sure if those have been released yet.

Short answer is yes on PE as well.

#971 38 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Lots of Sparkle in the radcals too. Pics don't do it justice. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's what I said about Godfather. JJP makes stunning looking games!

I think the closes Stern got in the looks department is Elvira Blood Red Kiss.

#972 38 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

That's what I said about Godfather. JJP makes stunning looking games!
I think the closes Stern got in the looks department is Elvira Blood Red Kiss.

The guy who sold me the Foo LE last weekend has an Elvira blood red kiss. I had an Elvira HoH LE which is one of the prettiest games ever, but that red kiss edition was stunning! The cabinet decals had little bats etched into them and some kind of black mirror chrome lettering. A really beautiful game!

IMG_1329 (resized).jpegIMG_1329 (resized).jpegIMG_1330 (resized).jpegIMG_1330 (resized).jpegIMG_1331 (resized).jpegIMG_1331 (resized).jpeg

#973 38 days ago

Ami do not have a Red Kiss. I love the game and will never get rid of it but don’t think that means I should upgrade to red Kiss no matter how nice it is. Money making move by Stern.

#974 38 days ago
Quoted from JJDK:

Ami do not have a Red Kiss. I love the game and will never get rid of it but don’t think that means I should upgrade to red Kiss no matter how nice it is. Money making move by Stern.

Yeah, I sold my Elvira LE for $16.5K right before they pulled that move. They got me with the Jurassic Park 30th LE though. Seems to be Stern’s new MO repopping LEs. I actually prefer the original Elvira and JP LEs, but that’s subjective

#975 38 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Yes, legs are in a tray up top. You just cut the straps and lift the box off. No cutting necessary, super easy if you take the box off outside.

Very helpful. It's the one mistake I made once with another JJ game as the legs can come crashing down. I'll do this first! Thanks

#976 38 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Lots of Sparkle in the radcals too. Pics don't do it justice. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love the cab lights. It's the way to do it with the housing and screws. There's never a worry about them coming off like there is with tape and it's very clean looking.

#977 37 days ago
Quoted from darkryder:

The guy who sold me the Foo LE last weekend has an Elvira blood red kiss. I had an Elvira HoH LE which is one of the prettiest games ever, but that red kiss edition was stunning! The cabinet decals had little bats etched into them and some kind of black mirror chrome lettering. A really beautiful game!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah. It's super cool looking in person.

#978 37 days ago

Anyone have an issue with their Elton head stepper? Works in test, fails in gameplay.

#979 37 days ago

Been trying to update the code keeps failing. Downloaded the code on the JJP site. Copied and pasted it on my USB thumb and Extracted the file. Placed it in my machine seemed like it's going to update once i enter the USB section, but fails. Not sure if I might be doing something wrong on the computer end.

20240321_213025 (resized).jpg20240321_213025 (resized).jpg
#980 36 days ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Been trying to update the code keeps failing. Downloaded the code on the JJP site. Copied and pasted it on my USB thumb and Extracted the file. Placed it in my machine seemed like it's going to update once i enter the USB section, but fails. Not sure if I might be doing something wrong on the computer end.
[quoted image]

If you are doing a full update you need to create a boot disc with Rufus.
Follow the instructions here: https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/

#981 36 days ago
Quoted from fnosm:

If you are doing a full update you need to create a boot disc with Rufus.
Follow the instructions here: https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full/

Thank you!

#982 36 days ago

Two weeks in.
Haven't made the billion mark, but usually starting at least one Signature Series per game.
Still not sure how to control which year it gives you, but definitely have some favorites.
Made it to champ several times and final tour just twice.
External sub sure makes this thing thump.
Reading posts about Pinwoofers.
Wondering, can this game really get any better?
I think I am gonna find out.

IMG_6939 (resized).jpgIMG_6939 (resized).jpg
#983 36 days ago

Good grief I miss mine! I’m just pacing waiting for the email my CE is coming.

#984 36 days ago
Quoted from BFaster:

Two weeks in.
Haven't made the billion mark, but usually starting at least one Signature Series per game.
Still not sure how to control which year it gives you, but definitely have some favorites.
Made it to champ several times and final tour just twice.
External sub sure makes this thing thump.
Reading posts about Pinwoofers.
Wondering, can this game really get any better?
I think I am gonna find out.
[quoted image]

You can move the year when you qualify to lock a star ball with the center lock down bar button, but you need to move to the year you want before actually making the piano ramp shot. Once you lock ball 1 your year is locked in and won’t move.

#985 34 days ago

My CE was scheduled to arrive on Saturday but it never did. No communication from the shipping company either on why the delay. Pretty frustrating to wait all day for a pin that never arrives. Hopefully they can track it down and it arrives without any issues. I was really looking forward to playing it this weekend!

#986 34 days ago

I've been playing my EJ PE daily for the past 3 weeks, getting better and figuring out how I like to play it. One thing I haven't seen and haven't figured out is when I should be choosing Big Points or Bonus X skill shots and what exactly they do. I understand and use Spot Star, Rocket Fuel and Adv. Croc MB at various points depending on where I am in the game. Generally I try to use BP or BX when I'm locking balls for a Signature Stage MB but not sure if that is the optimal time. Any thoughts?

#987 34 days ago
Quoted from VegasAlleycat:

My CE was scheduled to arrive on Saturday but it never did. No communication from the shipping company either on why the delay. Pretty frustrating to wait all day for a pin that never arrives. Hopefully they can track it down and it arrives without any issues. I was really looking forward to playing it this weekend!

That is a bummer. I remember how much I was looking forward to delivery day. Hope they find it and it arrives soon. Good luck.

#988 34 days ago

We just had a small pinball party for a few hours last night.. cousin was in town.. and had not had chance to play EJ.. it's now his favorite (in my collection). We love it too!

#989 34 days ago

I'm both excited and apprehensive about this. Love Elton John so the theme is cool for me. The game looks freaking over-the-top with the lighting and sound - very theme appropriate and right up my alley. I have a CE order placed. However, I'm a bit worried about the code as it seems very similar to ACDC, which I own (LTBR #2), but honestly I don't love playing it as the code doesn't give me any real feeling of satisfaction. I don't play for scoring but rather for progression and accomplishment. ACDC doesn't scratch that itch. Worried about EJCE in the same way. Fingers crossed.

#990 34 days ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

We just had a small pinball party for a few hours last night.. cousin was in town.. and had not had chance to play EJ.. it's now his favorite (in my collection). We love it too!

Same here. I was fortunate enough to get mine the day after Christmas and people were in and out that week. Non pinheads and they all said "This your best one yet". They don't care or even know what code and rules are. The game just makes everyone have pinball fun regardless.

#991 34 days ago
Quoted from Dvdstt:

I've been playing my EJ PE daily for the past 3 weeks, getting better and figuring out how I like to play it. One thing I haven't seen and haven't figured out is when I should be choosing Big Points or Bonus X skill shots and what exactly they do. I understand and use Spot Star, Rocket Fuel and Adv. Croc MB at various points depending on where I am in the game. Generally I try to use BP or BX when I'm locking balls for a Signature Stage MB but not sure if that is the optimal time. Any thoughts?

Bonus X is silently one of the best skill shots.
It multiplies your bonus and it can be worth a lot - 50-100 million if you play it right.
I tend to always go for bonus X and if you get the super skill shot with it it multiplies even further.

#992 34 days ago

How’s the playfields on this title any pooling?

#993 34 days ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

None for me. Your mileage may vary.

#994 34 days ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Mine looks perfect!

#995 34 days ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I'm both excited and apprehensive about this. Love Elton John so the theme is cool for me. The game looks freaking over-the-top with the lighting and sound - very theme appropriate and right up my alley. I have a CE order placed. However, I'm a bit worried about the code as it seems very similar to ACDC, which I own (LTBR #2), but honestly I don't love playing it as the code doesn't give me any real feeling of satisfaction. I don't play for scoring but rather for progression and accomplishment. ACDC doesn't scratch that itch. Worried about EJCE in the same way. Fingers crossed.

I dont have enough experience on AC/DC so I cant really directly compare the rule set or game play.
I'm only 3 weeks into EJ ownership and admittedly still in the honeymoon stage. But for me, progression is there, it is not super deep, but it also isn't overly easy.
Yes, you can stack multiballs and you do get into the "shoot everything!" JJP modes. For me, the main objective is getting to the Signature Series modes and making them last as long as possible. Completing the ELTON JOHN stars to start the piano lock is doable especalliy with an early Crock MB to help you knock out the stars/letters. There is a nifty virtual lock for locking ball 1 and 2 in the piano (plunge when "light star" is lit when all stars are already completed) and when paired with the short plunge to the piano lock, it makes it easier to get Signature stage started. But to get to Champ you need to do it two times, and to get to Final Tour I think its all four. Not easy to do in a 3 ball game even with extra balls. But a huge rush when you do it. And along the way there are a bunch of hurry ups, and side quests to keep you entertained and make the machine light up and throw cool sound effects at you. The game gives you lots of audio callouts telling you what to shoot for even during the chaos. And its just plain fun everytime. Shout out of thanks to OGpinballdeals for explaining a few posts above on how to lock in which Signature Stage. Very cool.

I have a Jaws LE delievered at about the same time. And for me, Jaws can be an intense, long playing, heavy concentration game. Elton is a great "come down" experience where you just plunge and the thing explodes into a rock and roll, karaoke, light show extravaganza. Flip away, light that thing up, get it rolling and it is a pretty great experience. One I think I will return again and again to without tiring for years. Elton is in no way a dream theme for me. But even playing during "Your Song" or "Tiny Dancer" is pretty good. My choice is always "your sister can't twist". EJ not a long player, but I am usually worn out at the end of a few games.

To answer the above playfield question, no pooling or chipping on mine at present. Looks great.

OK, gotta go play it now. Its just too much fun.

#996 34 days ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

JJP and Mirco got a handle on the pooling issue about 6 months into the GnR’s builds.Early GnR hit and miss Later ones were perfect and playfields have stayed this way since .It is a non issue anymore just like flipper strength since TS4

#997 34 days ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Simply perfect and beautiful. Same thing can be said for my Godfather LE.

#998 34 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

JJP and Mirco got a handle on the pooling issue about 6 months into the GnR’s builds.Early GnR hit and miss Later ones were perfect and playfields have stayed this way since .It is a non issue anymore just like flipper strength since TS4

I think the issue with early GNRs was they released it before the clear had enough time to cure. The same machines that had pooling issues seemed to clear themselves up after 6-12 months it seemed based on the owners thread and how my experience was

#999 34 days ago
Quoted from BFaster:

Jaws can be an intense, long playing, heavy concentration game. Elton is a great "come down" experience where you just plunge and the thing explodes into a rock and roll, karaoke, light show extravaganza. Flip away, light that thing up, get it rolling and it is a pretty great experience. One I think I will return again and again to without tiring for years.

This is why I’m ordering an Elton John for my game room. I have a lineup of six deep, long-playing modern Sterns. At first I was also worried that EJ wasn’t deep enough, no narrative-driven gameplay, and it would not appeal once the sound and lightgasms became second nature. Then eventually I realized that EJ’s gameplay is exactly what I need to counter all my long playing Sterns.

#1000 34 days ago
Quoted from bwalter:

This is why I’m ordering an Elton John for my game room. I have a lineup of six deep, long-playing modern Sterns. At first I was also worried that EJ wasn’t deep enough, no narrative-driven gameplay, and it would not appeal once the sound and lightgasms became second nature. Then eventually I realized that EJ’s gameplay is exactly what I need to counter all my long playing Sterns.

Better said and a heckuva lot more concise!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Elton John PE Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Danville, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 33.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-elton-john-official-owners-club/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.