20240613_210937 (resized).jpg
20240613_162047 (resized).jpg
IMG_0237 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0236 (resized).jpeg
20240611_194708 (resized).jpg
20240611_192318 (resized).jpg
20240611_173414 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-06-05 at 3.06.38?PM (resized).png
There are 2,261 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 46.
#1101 82 days ago
Quoted from 95er:

Has anyone hooked up a subwoofer to their EJ or other JJP pin? Is there a jack or easy way to do so? Does it meaningfully enhance the experience? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I used one of these: https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-multi-system-kit

And soldered onto the subwoofer leads since the subs no longer have extra terminals.

It sounds good with the extra oomph, but the stock speakers already sound great - much better than previous JJP games.

#1102 82 days ago

The easiest way is to get a sub with high level inputs. (Look like speaker wire terminals)
Take speaker wire and alligator clip them or solder directly to the speaker wire going to the factory woofer. Run that to the high level inputs. (Just one, right or left )
Works fine

#1103 82 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

The easiest way is to get a sub with high level inputs. (Look like speaker wire terminals)
Take speaker wire and alligator clip them or solder directly to the speaker wire going to the factory woofer. Run that to the high level inputs. (Just one, right or left )
Works fine

I use pinnovators

#1104 82 days ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I used one of these: https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-multi-system-kit
And soldered onto the subwoofer leads since the subs no longer have extra terminals.
It sounds good with the extra oomph, but the stock speakers already sound great - much better than previous JJP games.

The newer ones don't require soldering on since you can just screw them on over the wires.

#1105 82 days ago

Is everyone happy with the code so far? I heard a rumor 1.08 is going to come out...not sure if any modes or features will be added.

#1106 82 days ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Is everyone happy with the code so far? I heard a rumor 1.08 is going to come out...not sure if any modes or features will be added.

That depends on what kinda game you like. If you like a game that is more hi-score rather than mode based, you will enjoy EJ. If you are looking for a game that puts you in a lot of different modes with goals to accomplish, you will be very unhappy. EJ is not a game where you shoot the scoop to start a mode, its more point based in the fact that you are just trying to start multiballs and score jackpots. Infact... That is 90% of what you are doing in EJ, chasing down multiballs.

Don't look for this to change with any code update. This is what the game is and this is how it will stay. While they made add some new features, nothing is going to radically change the overall gameplay.

#1107 82 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

That depends on what kinda game you like. If you like a game that is more hi-score rather than mode based, you will enjoy EJ. If you are looking for a game that puts you in a lot of different modes with goals to accomplish, you will be very unhappy. EJ is not a game where you shoot the scoop to start a mode, its more point based in the fact that you are just trying to start multiballs and score jackpots. Infact... That is 90% of what you are doing in EJ, chasing down multiballs.
Don't look for this to change with any code update. This is what the game is and this is how it will stay. While they made add some new features, nothing is going to radically change the overall gameplay.

Received word my CE is ready to ship next week!

I'm very curious about the code as well because, based on how you described it, I should hate this game. I like games that are exactly the opposite as you describe EJ. I'm looking forward to seeing if this is a game-changer pin for me or will just look pretty in the corner.

#1108 82 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

^ Agree and this approach compliments Richie’s design. Love Sterns, but gotta tip my hat to JJP for bringing the “kinetic satisfaction”.

#1109 82 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

^ Agree and this approach compliments Richie’s design. Love Sterns, but gotta tip my hat to JJP for bringing the “kinetic satisfaction”.

I think that’s why I love it so much. I actually prefer lighter coded games.
Just shoot!

#1110 82 days ago

Pinwoofer has a sub kit I just used with their speakers and 12” Klipsch on GNR. EJ next

What a difference it makes!

#1111 82 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Pinwoofer has a sub kit I just used with their speakers and 12” Klipsch on GNR. EJ next
What a difference it makes!

maybe I’ll do that this time! Hahahaha
I need my Elton back! Ugh… the wait.

#1112 82 days ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Start at 7:00.. It's fantastic. EJ lays clear goals out in front of you to accomplish with obvious inserts you can see as you progress.

Actually, it's not a 'shoot the scoop' mode game no, some games like that where some people may have no idea where they are, what's going on or what to do.

To me it's a '90's Williams game in a Jersey Jack box with modern technology which hasn't been done until now.

As you progress, you're rewarded, the game pauses and lets you know it! I love that about it. It's not a game where people will be waiting impatiently for code drops.

Not much not to like about that..

#1113 82 days ago

Yup!
My CE can’t get here fast enough!

#1114 82 days ago

So… is the next JJP game on a line? Curious how many CEs have been sold. Should receive mine end of next week!!

#1115 81 days ago
Quoted from Eeeek:

So… is the next JJP game on a line? Curious how many CEs have been sold. Should receive mine end of next week!!

I took a tour last this week, they are still making PE’s and CE’s on the line. It takes them 19 hours to complete a game. I would think they will be making EJ for a few months or more…

#1116 81 days ago

well im happy, love the music, lightshow, etc.. tough shots fast flowing game.. believe its pretty deep too..

#1117 81 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

You're over simplifying the rules. It may not be story driven, but there are many objectives to unlock and accomplish to progress towards the wizard mode.

117-elton-john (resized).jpeg117-elton-john (resized).jpeg
#1118 81 days ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

You're over simplifying the rules. It may not be story driven, but there are many objectives to unlock and accomplish to progress towards the wizard mode.
[quoted image]

exactly, just like venom.. half the people that sometimes bash games haven't even got far enough into them to see exactly whats going on... loving mine wes, just got it yesterday..

#1119 81 days ago

I ordered my PE at the TPF and it showed up today. This is the awesome part as I didn’t plan this but I have matching numbers with Medieval

IMG_5818 (resized).jpegIMG_5818 (resized).jpegIMG_5816 (resized).jpegIMG_5816 (resized).jpeg
#1120 81 days ago

Unboxed my EJ PE today and the backbox backglass LEDs on the top and right are out.

Can’t figure out how to move the LCD screen out of the way to diagnose any connection issues…..

Tips??

IMG_2491 (resized).jpegIMG_2491 (resized).jpeg
#1121 81 days ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Unboxed my EJ PE today and the backbox backglass LEDs on the top and right are out.
Can’t figure out how to move the LCD screen out of the way to diagnose any connection issues…..
Tips??[quoted image]

I think you should be able to grab top right and bottom right and pull forward.The magnets are pretty stout.

#1122 81 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I think you should be able to grab top right and bottom right and pull forward.The magnets are pretty stout.

Thanks, first JJP since POTC, so the magnets are new. Your explanation clarified it and found the issue: 2 pins that go pushed out of the molex connector when it was plugged into the PCI-E socket. Got another molex that’s supplying power to the screen that’s also not crimped correctly. Something to do for the weekend. Bit disappointed, those LEDs being out should have been caught by QC.

#1123 81 days ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

[quoted image]

Meh. Mutliballs

#1124 81 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Meh. Multiballs

It takes a while to explain the major objectives of this game, there is a lot going on, so you can have as deep, complex and challenging an experience as you like.

#1125 81 days ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Thanks, first JJP since POTC, so the magnets are new. Your explanation clarified it and found the issue: 2 pins that go pushed out of the molex connector when it was plugged into the PCI-E socket. Got another molex that’s supplying power to the screen that’s also not crimped correctly. Something to do for the weekend. Bit disappointed, those LEDs being out should have been caught by QC.

mine was the same with the power source to screen in GNROSES.. called jjp and they sent me a new one.. fixed the one in the game by just pushing it back in connector and plugging back in
HOPE THIS HELPS, MARK

#1126 81 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Meh. Mutliballs

This game may not be mode based like many titles these days but there are plenty of games where you work toward Multiballs. Looking forward to eventually find a deal on this one to compliment all the mode based games that I have.

In Foo Fighters, what are the mini wizard modes? Multiballs. All Foobot parts? Multiball. Enough combos cashed in? Multiball. Final Battle? Multiball (partial). New topper mode? Multiball. Let’s not forget the three levels of overlord multiball needed.

Godzilla the same. Bridge Attack, Tanks, Terror of mechagodzilla, Monster Zero (partial), Monster Island Madness, King of the Monsters (partial).

#1127 81 days ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

This game may not be mode based like many titles these days but there are plenty of games where you work toward Multiballs. Looking forward to eventually find a deal on this one to compliment all the mode based games that I have.
In Foo Fighters, what are the mini wizard modes? Multiballs. All Foobot parts? Multiball. Enough combos cashed in? Multiball. Final Battle? Multiball (partial). New topper mode? Multiball. Let’s not forget the three levels of overlord multiball needed.
Godzilla the same. Bridge Attack, Tanks, Terror of mechagodzilla, Monster Zero (partial), Monster Island Madness, King of the Monsters (partial).

I see your point but what I was trying to say is the core game is collecting notes and items, it does really have any modes other than the multiballs. Infact, the multiballs are it's modes!

#1128 80 days ago

Each of the 15 songs is a unique mode with it's own specific rules/shots. Some have fixed shots. Some change when collected. Some are roving. Some are hurryups. The time for the song modes is based on the length of each song.
There are 4 Rocka-Box (drop target) timed modes. The challenge is to hit the lit drop target without hitting the unlit ones. Each one increases in difficulty.
And, no one has pointed out that two of the three wizard Modes are single ball play.

#1129 80 days ago

My Rocketman ramp shot goes all the way around the wire form as it should, but when it leaves the wire form to go up the ramp above the left spinner it only makes it up the ramp 1 in 4 times. Any suggestions on what may be out of alignment??

#1130 80 days ago
Quoted from jackbot:

Each of the 15 songs is a unique mode with it's own specific rules/shots. Some have fixed shots. Some change when collected. Some are roving. Some are hurryups. The time for the song modes is based on the length of each song.
There are 4 Rocka-Box (drop target) timed modes. The challenge is to hit the lit drop target without hitting the unlit ones. Each one increases in difficulty.
And, no one has pointed out that two of the three wizard Modes are single ball play.

What are the 3 Wizard modes?

#1131 80 days ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

My Rocketman ramp shot goes all the way around the wire form as it should, but when it leaves the wire form to go up the ramp above the left spinner it only makes it up the ramp 1 in 4 times. Any suggestions on what may be out of alignment??

The standoffs on that ramp can be moved around a bit, mine were really under some stress and 'sprung' a lot when I was changing post rubbers. I think it bent the ball rail coming out of backstage because it was at ~75-80* instead of 90* vertical.

The exit by Elton at the piano has a small horizontal plastic piece behind his back, make sure the ramp exit has enough room for the ball to clear it. I loosened up the entire ramp to see what kind of adjustment I could get out of it, they flex that thing in there I think to make sure its in the right place I think or something shifted in transit.

#1132 80 days ago
Quoted from jackbot:

I wouldn't really know, the game doesn't do much when you collect them.

#1133 80 days ago

I’m really happy for Steve and how his first JJP game turned out!
Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.
I’ve had the pleasure of talking to Steve personally at the TPF a few years ago.He literally asked me what I didn’t like about AC/DC and I said the pro artwork sucked lol.
Referring to the comments he made at this years TPF about Stern was just old fashioned shit talk that men use to do for fun.Rock on Steve!
Hopefully doing Maverick TG next!

#1134 79 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I see your point but what I was trying to say is the core game is collecting notes and items, it does really have any modes other than the multiballs. Infact, the multiballs are it's modes!

That’s incorrect. Collecting notes and wardrobe items is a very small part of the rules and you don’t need those to progress to the wizard modes. You need to unlock the 5 Encore modes within the 31 albums at the Rocka-Box to play Champ MB, you need 4 of the 10 different Milestone awards to play the Final Tour, and you need to play all for Signature Stages to get to Super Stardom.

#1135 79 days ago

#492 has finally made it to the PNW

IMG_1926 (resized).jpegIMG_1926 (resized).jpeg
#1136 79 days ago
Quoted from JJDK:

Automated pinball. In stock and ready to ship. Why are you waiting for a distributor to get it in? I had a PE and traded it for a CE. I have had my CE from Automated for 3 weeks already.

They said they have no stock. Maybe in three weeks.

#1137 79 days ago

I noticed when I ordered my CE every one said in stock but what they were actually saying pre order in sock not physically in stock

#1138 79 days ago

I just noticed the shooter rod is plated gold I don't remember ever seeing / herring anything about this

IMG_1930 (resized).jpegIMG_1930 (resized).jpeg
#1139 78 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

They said they have no stock. Maybe in three weeks.

Really!! Sorry about that.

#1140 78 days ago

Hello Pinside, I have a switch stuck closed and i can’t seem to locate it. Column 3 Row 2 switch 18. Pop area top stuck closed, anyone know where this one is? Probably right in front of my face but just can’t see it. Also while searching i noticed on my game this was unplugged. Is this normal? Supposed to be plugged in? Thank you for your help.

IMG_8330 (resized).jpegIMG_8330 (resized).jpeg
#1141 78 days ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Hello Pinside, I have a switch stuck closed and i can’t seem to locate it. Column 3 Row 2 switch 18. Pop area top stuck closed, anyone know where this one is? Probably right in front of my face but just can’t see it. Also while searching i noticed on my game this was unplugged. Is this normal? Supposed to be plugged in? Thank you for your help.
[quoted image]

Yeah that one is confusing. That's actually a rubber with a leaf switch next to the pop bumpers. You probably just need to loosen the rubber there. It might be kind of hard to get to with the piano in the way, but if you bend your fingers just right you might be able to.

#1142 78 days ago

Thank you so much pulled it from the bottom and pryed it apart. You are the best!

IMG_8331 (resized).jpegIMG_8331 (resized).jpeg
#1143 78 days ago
Quoted from Baba_Booey:

I just noticed the shooter rod is plated gold I don't remember ever seeing / herring anything about this
[quoted image]

Godfather CE was like this as well. You can replace that barrel spring for a brass one to make it match better.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-149-G

#1144 78 days ago

Got my Elton today! Family is liking it so far. Getting balls stuck right before they drop into the crocodile scoop. Looks like I need to bend back the guides slightly.

IMG_9224 (resized).jpegIMG_9224 (resized).jpeg
#1145 78 days ago

About to join the club as the first Elton John’s are due to hit Australia in a few weeks time. Does anyone offer a CE type star shooter rod for the PE?

#1146 78 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

About to join the club as the first Elton John’s are due to hit Australia in a few weeks time. Does anyone offer a CE type star shooter rod for the PE?

I'm also interested in a CE type star shooter rod for the PE.

MOD MAKERS ASSSEMBLE!

#1147 78 days ago

Boom... it's happening! Deposit placed March 15th, Elton John CE arriving Friday, April 5th!

#1148 78 days ago

Nice! My deposit was 10/22 and just now got an email to pay in full. Bought direct from JJP. CE inbound!

#1149 78 days ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Nice! My deposit was 10/22 and just now got an email to pay in full. Bought direct from JJP. CE inbound!

Start scheduling EJ party’s now.

#1150 78 days ago

My CE is scheduled to arrive tomorrow!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 649.95
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - Pre-order Spot
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brentwood, ES
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, MA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PixelPete Mods

There are 2,261 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 46.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-elton-john-official-owners-club/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.