Topic poll

“Which model are you in on?”

• Pro 67 votes
    22%
  • Premium 103 votes
    34%
  • LE 129 votes
    43%

(Multiple choice - 299 votes by 290 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6891 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6894 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6890 (resized).jpeg
20240428_192142 (resized).jpg
IMG_9296 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9297 (resized).jpeg
Pinside_forum_8014550_1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240428-141941 (resized).png
IMG_0361.jpeg
IMG_0360.jpeg
IMG_0358.jpeg
Game-Edition-PRO-3fnakef-1304x2048-1 (resized).jpg
jaws_10_no_logo.png
jaws_9.png
jaws_8.png
jaws_7_no_logo.png

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 3,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 73.
#1001 65 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay...this game definitely needs Pinwoofers. There goes another bunch of money...

funny, I didn't order replacement speakers & sub because the LE has "upgraded" speakers. from talk on here I don't expect it to be all that impressive but w/ this not being a rock pin I figured I'd wait till I hear it. I did get my external volume rocker tough. that's a must have.

#1002 65 days ago

I take it Stern is no longer including the tournament button for Canadian export models based on the some of the recent photos posted by Canuck owners.

#1003 65 days ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Walmart generally has it on the shelf too. Great stuff actually.

I saw the other day that they now have a lavender-scented Sprayway. WHO WOULD WANT THAT? The old-school stock scent is what makes that cleaner great.

#1004 65 days ago
Quoted from Mutt:

funny, I didn't order replacement speakers & sub because the LE has "upgraded" speakers. from talk on here I don't expect it to be all that impressive but w/ this not being a rock pin I figured I'd wait till I hear it. I did get my external volume rocker tough. that's a must have.

The biggest problem with Stern is the Spike2 on-board amplifier is just anemic (hoping Stern has a better one with Spike3 soon). So you can put great speakers on it, but if you don't address the amplifier, it's like putting a supercharger on a Yugo.

The LE speakers Stern uses are just off-the-shelf Kenwoods, but it's a waste without a better amplifier to drive them.

#1005 65 days ago
Quoted from kungfucop:

I take it Stern is no longer including the tournament button for Canadian export models based on the some of the recent photos posted by Canucks owners.

Mine didn't come with one.

#1006 65 days ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

#366 has landed in Denver. The theme integration is excellent and if the code matures like GZ did throughout year 1 this is going be a hit.
I’m getting air balls when I hit the stand up to the right of the lower PF reel. I’ll adjust left flipper strength down or add a wedge where it is screwed beneath the pf. Anyone else have and then resolve this issue?
I bought my LE from Old Town Pinball in FL. My experience with Will was outstanding. He said he has one of the largest Stern LE allotments and there are a handful other distributors who have large allotments. Those distributors received their LEs first, before the delay.[quoted image][quoted image]

I see on stern website 203 dealers worldwide, i assume each would be given option to buy 4-5 LE’s.

#1007 65 days ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

There was a clear glue left behind on the mirrored back glass when I removed the LE certificate plastic bag. Stern confirmed using goo gone would be fine. I applied a small amount to micro fiber cloth and worked the glue off over the course of a few minutes. Glass wasn’t damaged in my case.
[quoted image]

I used goo gone as well, wish Stern would stop taping the certificates to the mirrored glass.

#1008 65 days ago

Distr sent shipping confirmation yesterday. Looks like RL says LE will be here Tuesday. See you next Tuesday!

#1009 65 days ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

There was a clear glue left behind on the mirrored back glass when I removed the LE certificate plastic bag. Stern confirmed using goo gone would be fine. I applied a small amount to micro fiber cloth and worked the glue off over the course of a few minutes. Glass wasn’t damaged in my case.
[quoted image]

I've always just pulled the tape off the glass, pull it off the certificate bag and then use the tape to pull the left over tape off the glass. pretty simple. Stern could use any number of cling tape that would just pull off and not leave behind a mess to clean up.

#1010 65 days ago

My le ships Monday number 13

#1011 65 days ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

Can someone confirm if the left-hand and right-hand speaker lights follow the same pattern at all times on the LE? The schematics suggest this, but it would be great to get a visual confirmation.

Quoted from Duster72:

Hey Dan, Yes the lights appear to always follow the same pattern.

Hey Duster72 ! Thanks for the confirmation. We are looking to improve upon the overall light show for all trims. Look for a PixlWav platform offering in the near future for both speaker lights and outside of the cabinet illumination form MezelMods.com.

Good times!

Dan
+1 208-855-0346
[email protected]
PinWoofer.com

#1012 65 days ago

A Premium. Nice! Where are you located? Just curious where they're starting to land.

#1013 65 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

the bottom doesn't support anything.. it's just the shaft in the nylon bushing floating. The top is where the support is. Wouldn't be a reason to oil the bottom.
The plastic and metal plate attach to the shaft with a pair of nuts with a rubber ring inbetween. Below that is a thrust bearing. The bottom nut rides on top of that thrust bearing.. which rides on the nylon bushing that supports the whole reel assembly. Unfortunately the thrust bearing is a nylon washer and not held flat because of the slope reducing it's effectiveness. You can oil the nut that rides on top of that thrust bearing group... and you can get to it without taking the reel top off if you have a spout. But you shouldn't be oiling the nylon interface of the shaft.. that's a dry lube interface.
My guess is a lot of your improvement came mostly from reseating the reel plastic and metal tab at the top. The rubber ring in there makes that setup a bit sloppy and if not attached well, the top will really be out of balance... fighting the spinning action.

Just telling what worked for me. Not forcing anyone to do it. But 100% the zoom spout oiler is the reason for improved spinning of the two games I’ve worked on. The top plastic was reinstalled just the way it came.

#1014 65 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just telling what worked for me. Not forcing anyone to do it. But 100% the zoom spout oiler is the reason for improved spinning of the two games I’ve worked on. The top plastic was reinstalled just the way it came.

Yes, but by reinstalling - you can center and settle it so it's not cockeyed. Like I said, oil the nut to thrust bearing and washers.. but don't oil the nylon bushing.

#1015 65 days ago
Quoted from toaster777:

A Premium. Nice! Where are you located? Just curious where they're starting to land.

This is from the factory and a recent Stern video post. Not sure if anyone has received a PREM on location or in home.

#1016 65 days ago

Barrels of joy

20240223_154907 (resized).jpg20240223_154907 (resized).jpg
#1017 65 days ago
Quoted from Duster72:

I turned my flipper power down which did reduce airballs, but I am still getting balls hopping up off the metal guide in front of the reel spinner and going over the reel assembly. I also have more than 50% of my wave ramp shots falling off the 180 loop and landing on the right (Scars) wireform. I am also having issues with the reel not spinning well or spinning inconsistently and a good percentage of shots to the reel feed SDTM including off the autolaunch.
I did not notice any of these issues when watching the Stern stream so I am assuming there are adjustments to help alleviate these issues. I ordered the Zoom Spout oiler but would appreciate any other advice.
I love the game, I'm not trashing it. I just want to get it dialed in.

Is the shark fin insert flush with playfield?

#1018 65 days ago

For all you with air balls that fly into the lower playfield reel (in the upper right).

As others mentioned, I lowered my left flipper power to 200 (feature adjustments #117), but still received air balls, some at the metal wire inside the front of the wheel, but I noticed quite a few air balls still starting around the shark fin chum line plastic insert.

I felt where the chum line plastic area meets the PF and it was a bit lower than the PF which I believe caused some of the air balls. So, I loosened the five screws which raised up the chum line plastic piece so it is more level with the PF and that seems to have helped quite a bit.

IMG_2178 (resized).jpegIMG_2178 (resized).jpeg
#1019 65 days ago

We've had several questions about what plastic protectors are included with our protector sets. Here's a photo with the LE/Premium full sets as well as the Pro full set. We also have a lower playfield set. Details about that set on the product page. We even include all the hardware you'll need to install the protectors. We are shipping the Pro sets and should start shipping the LE/Premium sets on Monday if our LE test fitting tomorrow afternoon goes well. About 2/3 of orders have been medium blue and the remainder have all been the Fluorescent Light Blue. Nobody likes clear??? https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/10279-stern-jaws-plastic-protectors. Don't forget your game edition badge frame - Featuring "Shark Grey" but we have lots of colors. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/08718-stern-spike-speaker-panel-game-edition-badge-frame
GameroommodsLLC_Stern_Jaws_Plastic-Protectors_2024a (resized).jpgGameroommodsLLC_Stern_Jaws_Plastic-Protectors_2024a (resized).jpg20240206_190936-resized (resized).jpg20240206_190936-resized (resized).jpg

#1020 65 days ago

Just got invoiced for my premium. Very excited to play this beast

#1021 65 days ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

For all you with air balls that fly into the lower playfield reel (in the upper right).
As others mentioned, I lowered my left flipper power to 200 (feature adjustments #117), but still received air balls, some at the metal wire inside the front of the wheel, but I noticed quite a few air balls still starting around the shark fin chum line plastic insert.
I felt where the chum line plastic area meets the PF and it was a bit lower than the PF which I believe caused some of the air balls. So, I loosened the five screws which raised up the chum line plastic piece so it is more level with the PF and that seems to have helped quite a bit.[quoted image]

It's deceptive because there's mylar on the playfield that doesn't quite go up to the line where the plastic starts, so there's a drop to the playfield for a few mm, then the plastic insert for the chum line. So if you put a level on the PF that bridges from the PF mylar to the plastic and level THAT, you should be in good shape.

#1022 65 days ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Just got invoiced for my premium. Very excited to play this beast

Any idea when they will deliver? I ordered mine from Gameroom Guys in Grand Rapids, MI. Supposedly they're one of the larger dealers so I'm hoping to hear something soon!

#1023 65 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes, but by reinstalling - you can center and settle it so it's not cockeyed. Like I said, oil the nut to thrust bearing and washers.. but don't oil the nylon bushing.

I only oiled metal parts. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

#1024 65 days ago

I think I fixed my airball issue 100%, maybe it will help others. I’m not sure people will like my fix, but it works. In my case the back of the chum line channel was sitting a fraction higher than the front, causing the ball to hit the lip and jump (see video). Lowering flipper power to 210 definitely helped. Ultimately, I need to get a new insert from stern. In the mean time, I added a spacer/shim between the insert and the light board to raise the front right of the chum line channel so that it’s now even with the back. Just played two games slamming the reel area and no airballs. I used a rubber bumper with a small washer wrapped in electrical tape as the shim, but you can use anything as long as it’s secure and nonmetallic. Use a credit card to check your level across the channel. You can see the shim through the playfield, which is what people may not like, but the game plays so much better and hitting the reel so much easier. If this were going to be a permanent fix, I’d probably 3D print a transparent spacer.

I am reposting a video of my issue, maybe you have the same problem. Hope this helps someone.

IMG_0948 (resized).jpegIMG_0948 (resized).jpegIMG_0949 (resized).jpegIMG_0949 (resized).jpeg

#1025 65 days ago

GoneFishinLvMsg i was told it should ship early next week. Can’t wait

#1026 65 days ago

PSA: the fliplock is when the button is green during MB. It’s a SHORT PRESS to engage. Don’t hold it or nothing will happen.

#1027 65 days ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

With all these LEs being unboxed, I'm assuming these are the "first run" LEs still? I'm assuming no one has heard an update from their distributor re: the delay?

I just got/paid my payment request today. 3-4 weeks approx for delivery.
IMG_5787.gifIMG_5787.gif

#1028 65 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

PSA: the fliplock is when the button is green during MB. It’s a SHORT PRESS to engage. Don’t hold it or nothing will happen.

You can make it long press again in the settings, if that's your preference.

#1029 65 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I only oiled metal parts. Sorry if that wasn’t clear.

Just a second on this as a great solution. I left one rubber ring on the paddle (2 broke from repeated impacts and the sharp paddle corners, but the strongest one survived), but lubricating the shaft with the zoom spout oiler (we had a non-clog sewing machine version) made the reel fantastically responsive and the rubber is just a little extra oomph.

#1030 65 days ago

My fix for everything is that damn oiler. It’s more important to ban duct tape to me. Haha

#1031 65 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

I just made got my payment request today. 3-4 weeks approx for delivery.
[quoted image]

LE?

#1032 65 days ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You can make it long press again in the settings, if that's your preference.

When the lock bar button is green?

#1033 65 days ago

My distro told me the premiums are shipping Monday, and that they will possibly be ready for pick up as early as next Thursday or Friday...

#1034 65 days ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

When the lock bar button is green?

Yes.

#1035 65 days ago

Awww yeah. Went full retard on this title.

#1036 65 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

Awww yeah. Went full retard on this title.

Setting mine up now Rick.

Do the SD flash card for current code so it doesn’t take forever to enjoy the setup

#1037 65 days ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

This is from the factory and a recent Stern video post. Not sure if anyone has received a PREM on location or in home.

Wow!

#1038 65 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Setting mine up now Rick.
Do the SD flash card for current code so it doesn’t take forever to enjoy the setup

Let me know what you think Doug. We’re in this together now my friend!

#1039 65 days ago

Planted the first tacky mod by the drops. Not sure where else to park it.

IMG_1118 (resized).jpegIMG_1118 (resized).jpeg
#1040 65 days ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Planted the first tacky mod by the drops. Not sure where else to park it.
[quoted image]

I'll see your tacky mod, and raise you 2 tacky wall hangings...

20240223_202914 (resized).jpg20240223_202914 (resized).jpg
#1041 65 days ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I'll see your tacky mod, and raise you 2 tacky wall hangings...
[quoted image]

Adorable
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1042 65 days ago

And yes, I’m watching MacGruber! Sue me!

#1043 65 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

Let me know what you think Doug. We’re in this together now my friend!

First off, it’s a beautiful LE pin. The whole package.

1st night. It’s better than i thought it would be.

At .85 code will develop but it’s pretty damn good right now.

The upper PF? That’s gonna take some practice.

It’s quick. But I appreciate it after a few plays much more.

It’s a MUCH better shooting game than I expected based on the streams.

I love “different” and Jaws fits the bill.

A masterpiece? If you love the theme you will love this game

#1044 65 days ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Any idea when they will deliver? I ordered mine from Gameroom Guys in Grand Rapids, MI. Supposedly they're one of the larger dealers so I'm hoping to hear something soon!

They told me this afternoon they were making a pick up at Stern on Tuesday, along with some Pulp Fictions at CGC.

#1045 65 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

First off, it’s a beautiful LE pin. The whole package.
1st night. It’s better than i thought it would be.
At .85 code will develop but it’s pretty damn good right now.
The upper PF? That’s gonna take some practice.
It’s quick. But I appreciate it after a few plays much more.
It’s a MUCH better shooting game than I expected based on the streams.
I love “different” and Jaws fits the bill.
A masterpiece? If you love the theme you will love this game

As a formidably sizable collection owner, what would you personally convey as initial new pin feelings?

Thoughts, yeah they’re great, but how we FEEL playing this title. That’s our magnum opus.

I am sorry for dumping this all on you Doug. It’s not fair how excited I am for this.

#1046 65 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

As a formidably sizable collection owner, what would you personally convey as initial new pin feelings?
Thoughts, yeah they’re great, but how we FEEL playing this title. That’s our magnum opus.
I am sorry for dumping this all on you Doug. It’s not fair how excited I am for this.

Honestly Rick, the FEEL is much better than I expected it to be.

You won’t be disappointed.

It’s night #1 honeymoon but it’s different and better than I thought it would be.

Gonna need some pinwoofers though.

#1047 64 days ago

#148 arrived yesterday. This may be the best looking LE since the Star Trek LE. Some airballs off the chum line plastic but leveling with the screws fixed it. Upper playfield will definitely be tuff to master. Theme integration may be the best in pinball right now. Shes a keeper!

IMG_3219 (resized).jpegIMG_3219 (resized).jpegIMG_3220 (resized).jpegIMG_3220 (resized).jpegIMG_3232 (resized).jpegIMG_3232 (resized).jpegIMG_3233 (resized).jpegIMG_3233 (resized).jpeg
#1048 64 days ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Honestly Rick, the FEEL is much better than I expected it to be.
You won’t be disappointed.
It’s night #1 honeymoon but it’s different and better than I thought it would be.
Gonna need some pinwoofers though.

Glad to hear you guys are excited for this one. Can’t wait to get off this international trip and play mine. Thinks its a beautiful game!

Quoted from underlord:

Know this is your big time theme Rick! Can’t wait to hear your report!

#1049 64 days ago

I agree that it's the best looking LE since STLE, and that the theme integration could be the best in pinball.

I love that so many different videos play, the code, music, sounds, callouts, etc..are all very well done, and perfectly fit the theme.

I really think this is going to be considered an all time classic by most, right there with Godzilla.

#1050 64 days ago

I’ve put about 20 games on and I’ll be dammed if I’ve heard a repeat end of ball movie sequence. Just updated to the latest code as well. I’m addicted.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 25.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
FlipMods

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 17.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
FlipMods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Twisted Tokens

13,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Hero, VT
Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 26.50
$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Machine - For Sale
Bay Village, OH
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 74.99
Lighting - Led
Cento Creations

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
FlipMods

There are 3,647 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 73.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-owners-club/page/21?hl=pinwoofer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.