(Topic ID: 213173)

Someone possibly pretending to be from Project Pinball and is not?...

By Porkfritter

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mrossman5
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

15221115810231137284044 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider porkfritter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they have worked with this charity before? I see tournaments supporting the charity and I love the concept!! I am also wondering if I stumbled upon the wrong form and there is someone pretending to be from the charity and is NOT.

I ask because I filled out their volunteer form about a year ago inquiring about the possibility of placing a pinball machine in an Indiana children's hospital. I promptly heard back but after I let them know I was looking to volunteer my time and cost to maintain a machine, I never heard back. Once I said I didn't have the initial funds to purchase or a new machine to donate all contact ceased. I broke my neck about a year ago and spent a lot of time in the hospital and loved the idea, if I had heard back with more information I was prepared to ask many of the Dr.s who treated me for a small donation and also hit up friends. I know I could have made it happen!

It is just odd because:

1. I never heard a word back after my "I don’t have a machine or $$ right this minute." email (before that prompt responses)
    2. I called the number in the signature of their email and got a very ANGRY gentleman who told me twice to leave him alone. (yes I called twice to make sure I wasn't an idiot and dialed the wrong number) THIS IS NOT THE NUMBER ON THEIR WEBSITE but still was a 239-287 phone number
    3. I wrote them another email telling them of the situation (no response)
    4. Filled out another web form inquiry
    5. Called the phone number on the website and left a message
    6. Rinse and repeat again with same results
    7. Just gave up

To say I was disappointed would be an understatement! I am thinking that once/if my health improves, I'll independently reach out to the local children's hospital independently. I am also in hopes that others my see this and reply with "Project Pinball" is awesome seeing it firsthand and I have outed a scammer who others might have or will stumble upon.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

Project Pinball is legit. I have met Dan and Sierra from Project Pinball and they ran a charity tournament at our local arcade Portal Pinball in Kennesaw (Atlanta), GA. Go to the below Facebook pages to see their website and a recent video series done by Imoto Harney.
    https://www.facebook.com/ProjectPinball/
    https://www.facebook.com/imotoarcade/

Not sure about my experience then, very odd.... Same contact info.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from AlbanyTim:

If you're concerned, their website lists 28 hospitals where they've placed and maintain pinball machines. You can call any of those establishments and verify that they have placed machines.

Unwarranted reply from myself removed. I misunderstood the intention of someone and it was my fault.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I think you misread/misinterpreted something in his post. To me, it just sounded like he was trying to be helpful.

I have no doubt that they have placed machines in hospitals. I'm not trying to bust some volunteers for expensing a Cheeseburger when they spend their time... I think it was pretty simple that I asked if anyone had any experience and i wasn't being confrontational. I saw the response as being flippant, but maybe I just word things different.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

If that's what they require you to do in order to have a game placed somewhere, then if you don't meet their requirements, that's probably why the discussion didn't continue.
    I'm sure they get tons of requests to place games at various places.

I asked to donate my time, please fully read post... Thanks! They should not be asking for volunteers if they don't really want them and only want $$ or games.

I'll just stay away.... Its all an opinion, I think I have my answers...

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

I'm starting to realize why the communication ended.

Yup, first thing to do is bash the guy who only asked a question. I am sure I volunteer way more time and money than you do. It was a simple ??... Oh and thanks for pointing out my typos that I correct immediately... Sorry I can't type as well as you since I broke my neck.

Have an awesome day!

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

Jeez, dude. Why so abrasive?
    Project Pinball is far more legit than the other charity that Pinside loves to buy raffle tickets from. That's all I'll say about that. Project Pinball is amazing and Daniel works very, very hard to support children through his charity.

Thanks for the response! This is exactly the type of response I was in hopes to get. I am not sure why I fell through the cracks, and for anyone that thinks its a $$$$ issue, it is and/was not... I could easily have gotten a machine within 30 days....

#32 6 years ago

For anyone who thinks I posted this to be confrontational I was not. I was just asking a question. Did I over react to the one response, maybe....
    but I read it as if someone who posted help for a technical question and was replied with "burn the machine".

Of course I can call the hospitals, but I was not trying to do investigative work. I THOUGHT SOMEONE ELSE MIGHT BE PRETENDING TO BE THEM....

I don't think many people took the time to read the entire post... I also have all email threads and can show that I was not mean or flippant at all.

Sorry if I came across wrong but please read this, and maybe you will realize I'm not an A-hole..

http://archive.inside.iu.edu/spotlights-profiles/faculty-staff/2016-07-20-mark-uncapher-iunorthwest.shtml

#33 6 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Exactly. Even the title of this thread is confrontational. Of course Project Pinball is legit. They have a long and easily verifiable past. I suspect the "question" is less the purpose of this thread than the poorly veiled attack on a charity that has brought pinball joy to so many. Not to mention that Project Pinball has always operated with the kind of transparency and low administrative overhead that we only wish most charities had.
    Sorry if I sound mad, but as a friend and supporter of Project Pinball from day one, I am mad. I think I will go purchase a couple of Premium raffle tickets just to make me feel better.

Did you read where I asked if possible someone was pretending to be them? Hope you win the machine! Have reached out to Mole. It is a shame no matter what cause I know for a fact I could have gotten a machine donated. I had so many procedures and Dr.s and even warmed a couple up to the idea cause they knew I had played pinball.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from gjm:

OP, maybe change the thread title? Best wishes for full recovery with your injury.

Thank you, for the suggestion and well wishes! Hope the title edit better represents my question and thread.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider porkfritter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-project-pinball-legit?tu=porkfritter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.