Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they have worked with this charity before? I see tournaments supporting the charity and I love the concept!! I am also wondering if I stumbled upon the wrong form and there is someone pretending to be from the charity and is NOT.
I ask because I filled out their volunteer form about a year ago inquiring about the possibility of placing a pinball machine in an Indiana children's hospital. I promptly heard back but after I let them know I was looking to volunteer my time and cost to maintain a machine, I never heard back. Once I said I didn't have the initial funds to purchase or a new machine to donate all contact ceased. I broke my neck about a year ago and spent a lot of time in the hospital and loved the idea, if I had heard back with more information I was prepared to ask many of the Dr.s who treated me for a small donation and also hit up friends. I know I could have made it happen!
It is just odd because:
1. I never heard a word back after my "I don’t have a machine or $$ right this minute." email (before that prompt responses)
2. I called the number in the signature of their email and got a very ANGRY gentleman who told me twice to leave him alone. (yes I called twice to make sure I wasn't an idiot and dialed the wrong number) THIS IS NOT THE NUMBER ON THEIR WEBSITE but still was a 239-287 phone number
3. I wrote them another email telling them of the situation (no response)
4. Filled out another web form inquiry
5. Called the phone number on the website and left a message
6. Rinse and repeat again with same results
7. Just gave up
To say I was disappointed would be an understatement! I am thinking that once/if my health improves, I'll independently reach out to the local children's hospital independently. I am also in hopes that others my see this and reply with "Project Pinball" is awesome seeing it firsthand and I have outed a scammer who others might have or will stumble upon.