(Topic ID: 102729)

Installed LED's in my Space Shuttle...wow, what a difference!

By BrewersArcade

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Placed an order a couple of weeks ago w/ Comet Pinball for my Space Shuttle pin. I've been looking for this machine for about three years and I finally obtained a NICE one last month and have been working on getting it perfect ever since. I really spent some time trying to choose the right LED's for the right areas on the machine and decided to document my findings with what LED's worked best. I even bought some of the new sunlight bulbs, arctic blue, and pop bumper ring LED's to sample that Comet now has up for sale to see if they are a good fit for this machine. The sunlight bulbs look pretty awesome/natural in the backglass! If you are new to LED's or picky with what you like then this video might help you out!

#2 9 years ago

Thanks for the review, Joe!

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thanks for the review, Joe!

No problem! I think I'm going to try out some of the clear lens sunlight bulbs for my Bad Cats next.

2 years later
#4 7 years ago

BrewersArcade I've watched this video several times recently. I love the look of your Space Shuttle. Mine is in pretty rough shape and I have a lot of work to do but it is currently very dark with the incandescents. Do you have a shopping list of the items you purchased? I want to focus on the G.I. first just so I can see to play and then maybe start messing with the playfield underneath.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you for the awesome video!

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from dearliza98:

enjoyvelvet I've watched this video several times recently. I love the look of your Space Shuttle. Mine is in pretty rough shape and I have a lot of work to do but it is currently very dark with the incandescents. Do you have a shopping list of the items you purchased? I want to focus on the G.I. first just so I can see to play and then maybe start messing with the playfield underneath.
Any help is appreciated. Thank you for the awesome video!

dearliza98 Hey man, no problem. So for the inserts I color matched with 2835 clear lens bulbs from Comet Pinball (let Art know Brewer's Arcade sent ya!). I also used 2835 cool (natural) white clear lens bulbs for the GI. One mistake I made was that I put in LED flash lamps where the red hot dog inserts are and must have blown something because now they don't work. Just leave the flashers with incandescent bulbs. For the backglass I used frosted cool white 2835 bulbs and put in a color changer behind the moon. I color matched the flickering flame with an orange 2835 bulb.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/installed-leds-in-my-space-shuttlewow-what-a-difference and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.