Topic Stats

• 35 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by MMuller
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

I'm so bored of my MM that I find myself shutting it off after the first ball and moving over to spidey,the game is in awesome condition but I am just not diggin' the theme I guess,I only have room for 3 so I am selling/trading it out,anybody interested in trading up? I have the game in the marketplace now but would look at any top 20 MINT games+cash,thx

#2 11 years ago

How long have you had it?

#3 11 years ago

yep, gets boring just like any other.
not the magic, greatest game of all time.

#4 11 years ago

MM is as much of a status symbol as it is a really good game, IMO. I mean, it is a great game, but it's not as great of a game as the price it commands. It's just as good as a couple dozen other titles that sell for 1/4 the price.

I think that ends up being a let down, honestly.

That said, you should be able to trade it out easily enough. Good luck, and I hope you end up with something that satisfies you.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

I'm so bored of my MM that I find myself shutting it off after the first ball and moving over to spidey,the game is in awesome condition but I am just not diggin' the theme I guess,I only have room for 3 so I am selling/trading it out,anybody interested in trading up? I have the game in the marketplace now but would look at any top 20 MINT games+cash,thx

Totally understand... good pin, top 10-15 for sure but worth the money? Absolutely not! Just like BBB. Cash in and enjoy 3-4 other better titles. Merry Christmas!

#6 11 years ago

Felt almost the same way, but it happened after 1 game and not 1 ball.
That's why i sold mine too.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Ash:

How long have you had it?

A few months and it plays fast and flawless but can't get into it,looking for something else....

#8 11 years ago

MM to me equals way overrated and way overpriced; just picked up 3 great games and still have money to spare vs picking up MM. I have owned 5 MMs throught the years and it is good yeah but not over 10k good. Go buy an avengers; much deeper code and more unique layout and you will have a NIB one of only 500 and still have 7k left

#9 11 years ago

Eh, seems like some price backlash criticism going on here. If all pins were valued equally MM would still be at the top of my list of favorites. It's true there are many other good games for much less money, but I've played most of those games extensively and owned many of them and I don't think they hold a candle to Medieval.

The kinda funny thing is that the price vs quality complaints were rampant even when MM sold for the then-insane sum of $4-5k. Reading through those old threads on RGP is pretty hilarious now.

#10 11 years ago

I enjoy MM but find I to get bored of it quickly. Its definitely over rated and over priced.

#11 11 years ago

Very few pin out that dont get boring after time and have that something special...

i dont think MM is one of those...

#12 11 years ago

I don' think it is over-rated, but I know it is definitely over-priced. Stern Spiderman is a great title and I love the difficulty. Trade up for 3/4 games. Variety is the spice of life my friend.

#13 11 years ago

There are so many good machines out there at all price ranges. A lot of the top games are not ten times better than game x based on price. Its game play , rarity, status, theme and taste that make a game expensive. MM is a great game but everyone has a different price the game is worth. I could not pay the price when I could have that kind of money put into 3-4 games that are great. Good luck on the sale and hope you get a game that you really gel with.

#14 11 years ago

I am fortunate to have MM next to AFM and, very much to my surprise, I got bored of AFM and not MM (naturally nothing against AFM). I do not know why, but MM synced with me. I am even toying with the idea of selling AFM and staying with just MM. Again, though, I never would have guessed this would happen as I was never really drawn to MM until I acquired one (a friend selling due to a move). Much in the same way, then, I completely understand the OP feelings.

Pins are an odd beast and I have found that, at least for me, it has taken playing a game regularly (for me this means in a home environment) to find out how much one likes/enjoys a title.

#15 11 years ago

The biggest problem I have with MM is that I don't play my other pins nearly as much, to the point that they just sit for day's without any play (pin neglect), unless some other people come over an play them. It is a pin that I continually am pressing the start button for another game. It's addicting. I paid a lot, whether I "overpaid" is relative, I'll know that when I let it go and consider the play value and resale combined, but that won't be anytime soon. Have a good Holiday, Marty

#16 11 years ago

Always said that I don't understand the pricing on MM. It's a fun game, but in the end it is really just a basic fan with fairly shallow rules. Plenty of games at a fraction of a cost that I'd much rather have.

#17 11 years ago

I like the game and am not selling it but if I had to cut my collection down to say 10 games and cost was not a factor, I would still sell MM.

#18 11 years ago

I agree . I find Mousin Around , way more enjoyable. At a fraction of the price.

#19 11 years ago

If it were your typical $2K pin or less, it wouldn't be so boring.

It's just a pinball machine, stop reading so much into the price.

Just because it goes for big bucks, doesn't mean that it has more to offer!

#21 11 years ago

I have had my MM for about 11 years. It is my favorite pin, the theme, the callouts, the gameplay all keep me coming back for more. With that said, I would not be able to pay $13k for one. So, I am happy I got mine for $5,000 (high at the time, but restored). I have had multiple offers and I actually try not to get my MM in any pictures for other games I am selling because I will get about 10 replies for my MM for everyone 1 of the game I am actually trying to sell

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

Eh, seems like some price backlash criticism going on here. If all pins were valued equally MM would still be at the top of my list of favorites. It's true there are many other good games for much less money, but I've played most of those games extensively and owned many of them and I don't think they hold a candle to Medieval.

Spot on correct.

People can't talk about MM without commenting on it's price, and many (most?) people who criticize it mention price as a factor. Does that mean that everyone will think it is a great pin? Of course not. And the OP owns it but has tired of it, and that can happen without it having anything to do with price.

But you always wonder if it was priced with most other good B/W pins whether it would get the same amount of criticism.

Bottom line: it's the highest rated pin here at Pinside. It's more than a "status symbol" as some people like to say.

#23 11 years ago

I'm not trying to bash MM at all and the dollar factor is not as important as game play to me,just looking for a new one with my limited space.....anyone.....

#24 11 years ago

Personally, I like it for the theme, toys, and fun factor. I can get why people wouldn't care for it as everybody has individual tastes. I'm not a big TZ fan.

Criticizing it for the price really has nothing to do with whether it is a good pin or not. Especially when not all owners paid what they are going for now.

The "prestige" argument is kind of like arguing you own a rare Star Wars action figure, or a Black Lotus Magic Card. In real life bragging about that really doesn't impress too many people. If anything it is probably better to keep how much your pins are worth to yourself.

#25 11 years ago

I'll give you tspp and fishtales and 100 bucks...

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

Criticizing it for the price really has nothing to do with whether it is a good pin or not.

For the most part I would agree with you, but it can have a lot to do with what kind of owner you are. There are a lot of "new" people getting in the hobby as we all know who might put too much weight into rankings, pop down 10K+ and be dissapointed.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Spot on correct.
People can't talk about MM without commenting on it's price, and many (most?) people who criticize it mention price as a factor. Does that mean that everyone will think it is a great pin? Of course not. And the OP owns it but has tired of it, and that can happen without it having anything to do with price.
But you always wonder if it was priced with most other good B/W pins whether it would get the same amount of criticism.
Bottom line: it's the highest rated pin here at Pinside. It's more than a "status symbol" as some people like to say.

Says the man with a Medieval Madness

It is a fun game. But, personally I think any game over 10k is overpriced no matter how fun it is, and I own one.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

Says the man with a Medieval Madness
It is a fun game. But, personally I think any game over 10k is overpriced no matter how fun it is, and I own one.

At least to you didn't miss the point entirely. What a shocker.

The irony is that in your response, you proved what I said was correct.

#29 11 years ago

I've thought about selling my MM too. Though its my grail its just so much money sitting there. I love it though.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

At least to you didn't miss the point entirely. What a shocker.
The irony is that in your response, you proved what I said was correct.

I wasn't trying to disagree with you. Looks like someone missed the point!

Lighten up man, it's only pinball!

#31 11 years ago

MM is a fun pinball for sure but not putting price into it I would rate it around number 7 or 8.

I have far better pinballs and I am a MM fan.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

I'm not trying to bash MM at all and the dollar factor is not as important as game play to me,just looking for a new one with my limited space.....anyone.....

What about Totan

#33 11 years ago

Yea I would be interested Dan,call me lets do a deal........

#34 11 years ago

This debate will go on forever, fact is MM is a great pin, that for whatever reason has become the most collectable DMD from B/W, and it's price reflects that.

No pin is going to appeal to everyone, that's also a fact, TZ, Spiderman, and LOTR do nothing for me, but a lot of people think they are the bomb.

#35 11 years ago

How about xmen le wolverine & tf le combo?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-bored-of-my-mm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.