• Latest reply 10 years ago by StevenP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

barbie-pc-2000.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I played a few long games at the pinball showdown this weekend. the code seemed relatively complete and at a place I could tolerate being delivered.

I am seriously considering a purchase now. good Show jersey jack. It's a nice machine!

#2 10 years ago

Good to hear. I had played it 3 months ago, and figured it was going to be fun.
Thanks for your comments

#3 10 years ago

The game was certainly popular at RMPS. The line was always full. I think it looks great, and I'm happy for those who preordered early and have stayed with it.

#4 10 years ago

I have to agree with you. Looked amazing and I was really impressed. The topper is lame, but the rest of the game looked awesome. I didn't want to wait in line to play it though. I had ADD with so many games to play

#5 10 years ago

Agree. Looked like a good, solid, innovative game.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Drew13:

I have to agree with you. Looked amazing and I was really impressed. The topper is lame, but the rest of the game looked awesome. I didn't want to wait in line to play it though. I had ADD with so many games to play

I have to agree about the topper. I was hoping for something better. I'm not sure what, but I'm not a fan of the etched stuff. Didn't deter me enough to not buy one though. Hopefully it will arrive soon!

#7 10 years ago

The le topper looks to be better.

#8 10 years ago

I can't wait to play the latest code. I am excited silly about this game.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I have to agree about the topper. I was hoping for something better. I'm not sure what, but I'm not a fan of the etched stuff. Didn't deter me enough to not buy one though. Hopefully it will arrive soon!

I have the exact same feelings about the topper....

#10 10 years ago

The line was 6+ deep all weekend for the thing. It looked absolutely amazing though for sure.

#11 10 years ago

I believe the toppers that have been seen at the shows is the topper that will arrive on the standard units, the LE topper is a little bit more detailed and multicolored. Yet to be seen if there is any interactive with the game play which was speculated.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I believe the toppers that have been seen at the shows is the topper that will arrive on the standard units, the LE topper is a little bit more detailed and multicolored. Yet to be seen if there is any interactive with the game play which was speculated.

This is correct Mike.

#13 10 years ago

Yes, the all green one is for the standard machines. The fancier one with the orange cauldrons beside the wizard, are for the LE's. Oddly enough, I like the all green one better, but neither one really does much for me....

#14 10 years ago

the LE topper is a little bit more detailed and multicolored.

Oh the LE topper is multicolored? Didn't know that, just thought it was orange instead of green based on the pictures.

#15 10 years ago

My son and I played it and were really impressed by the artwork, the unique display screen, the game play and after that playing most of the other pins seemed anticlimactic. Unfortunately, even if I sold my RBION, Pinbot, and Shadow, which is all of my games currently, I still can't afford to buy a WOZ.

#16 10 years ago

Only played it once at RMPS (didn't want to keep waiting in line). It was about what I was expecting, but still impressive. I think it blows away other recent pins such as Avengers and Xmen.

Went to the JJP seminar and (as expected) sounds like the code is going to be ridiculously deep.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

My son and I played it and were really impressed by the artwork, the unique display screen, the game play and after that playing most of the other pins seemed anticlimactic. Unfortunately, even if I sold my RBION, Pinbot, and Shadow, which is all of my games currently, I still can't afford to buy a WOZ.

Do you realize Shadow is a $4k game now?

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Do you realize Shadow is a $4k game now?

in what universe?

#19 10 years ago

oh, i see, you are quoting other silly prices from another thread. i didn't catch the reference.

#20 10 years ago

Also don't forget that Judge Dredd is still a $1400 game folks.

#21 10 years ago

A report on a WOZ with updated code, and half the comments are about the frilly and completely unimportant "topper." Welcome to Pinside, folks!

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

A report on a WOZ with updated code, and half the comments are about the frilly and completely unimportant "topper." Welcome to Pinside, folks!

I'm convinced that a lot of people who buy pinball machines around here don't actually play them.

They just look at them and junk..

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Got a laugh from me. Good one. I think there is some truth to the next post, that people don't play them either. I have to admit, in the past I have turned off the lights, and just looked at all the lights. I'm a closet pinball "looker"

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I'm convinced that a lot of people who buy pinball machines around here don't actually play them.
They just look at them and junk..

pretty funny, but also sadly true to some degree. I'm a player and fixer first and foremost, not really a collector, and not obsessed with bling either. People stop by to play my games (even EMs) and generally comment on how smoothly and nice they play. It's not that hard to get them that way and keep them there, in a home environment. Far cheaper and probably less effort than sticking LEDs in every socket of a game. A lot of people around here do seem to buy new games or ones nicely shopped, and then don't really know how to dial them in and maintain them optimally. (Even NIBs generally need a fair bit of tweaking to play just right! Even if everything is working properly.)

I mean, really, when was the last time you took the glass off because an orbit or lane exit hit the sling instead of rolling just along it, or a slingshot or pop bumper wasn't really sensitive, or a ramp started sending weak shots sdtm? If I notice something like that in one of my games, it gets fixed before the next game is started. It only takes a couple of minutes.

And no, I simply do not understand the fascination around here with "toppers." Did these people just steal their sisters' Barbie dolls and play dress-up when they were kids?

#25 10 years ago

Ooooooh. Did someone say Barbie? I want the LE with pink side rails.

#26 10 years ago

A company near me used to build these (and a Hotwheels version). They were super hot, couldn't keep up with demand, and a short time later went bankrupt.

barbie-pc-2000.jpgbarbie-pc-2000.jpg

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

LOL! Hey, I just said I didn't like the topper. Some of us around here don't care for toppers, LEDs, mods, and other crap....I just fix 'em and play 'em. Uh oh, the long time RGP'er in me is starting to show!

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

pretty funny, but also sadly true to some degree. I'm a player and fixer first and foremost, not really a collector, and not obsessed with bling either. People stop by to play my games (even EMs) and generally comment on how smoothly and nice they play. It's not that hard to get them that way and keep them there, in a home environment. Far cheaper and probably less effort than sticking LEDs in every socket of a game. A lot of people around here do seem to buy new games or ones nicely shopped, and then don't really know how to dial them in and maintain them optimally. (Even NIBs generally need a fair bit of tweaking to play just right! Even if everything is working properly.)
I mean, really, when was the last time you took the glass off because an orbit or lane exit hit the sling instead of rolling just along it, or a slingshot or pop bumper wasn't really sensitive, or a ramp started sending weak shots sdtm? If I notice something like that in one of my games, it gets fixed before the next game is started. It only takes a couple of minutes.
And no, I simply do not understand the fascination around here with "toppers." Did these people just steal their sisters' Barbie dolls and play dress-up when they were kids?

Something we agree on. That is good.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Something we agree on. That is good.

I'm also a huge fan of classic Stern games. (I want that Big Game in Georgia!) So we certainly agree there too!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 91.00
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-a-woz-believer-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.