Dear Lloyd

Our resident pinball guru Lloyd Olsen answers Pinside readers questions!

Edit this
IJ Resets

Letter received on Sunday January 12th 2014.

Sunday January 12th 2014

Hello Lloyd,

My IJ suddenly started resetting when both flippers are pressed at the same time. Not always, I can get through one ball sometimes, other times it resets pretty much immediately. I have read the pinwiki article and will go through that process but before I do I thought since I had made some repairs to the machine that I could have done something that caused the issue.

Changes:

1) Glued the right front cabinet corner which had become separated.There is a ground wire that comes up the corner.A continuity test indicates that it is connected.

2) Replaced the gun handle with a new one, so had to disconnect the switch and re-connect.

3) Replaced both ball trough opto boards.

4) Replaced the lamp board under Willy and Shorty

5) New lockdown bar and side rails (doesn't seem likely as a cause)

Also started step one of the pinwiki process and the machine does not have an auxiliary socket....

Thanks,

Mr. Ford

For your treat today Ladies and Germs we have a guest replier -

Lloyd,

Re-seated J136 & J137 and after 5 games no more resets.

Also reseated connectors to CPU just for the fun of it.

Thanks,

Mr. Ford

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-resets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.