Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 643 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PinballKen
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_4478.JPG
    100_4473.JPG
    100_4495.JPG
    Oregon State Champ.jpg
    book.jpg
    100_4499.JPG
    IMG_8533_zpsca2aaf5a.jpg
    Jan-Feb-Mar 2014 076.jpg
    Cnv0267.jpg
    Cnv0268.jpg
    Cnv0266.jpg
    photo (21).JPG
    Project Pinball.jpg
    Atticus FL State Champ.jpg
    Jeff Palmer.jpg
    Atticus.jpg
    There are 643 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.
    #201 10 years ago
    Quoted from jpolfer:

For WI folks looking for specific info on the WI State Championship, feel free to ask them over here: http://wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=119
    That will hopefully keep this thread more on track for USA-related comments and questions. I doubt too many people outside of the WI players are interested in the details of our state championship.

Sure they are. Hell. They should have a TV show about our tournaments.

#202 10 years ago

Nice page IFPA has set up on who is attending (or not) and where.

http://www.ifpapinball.com/state_registration.php

#203 10 years ago

Pretty cool watching the fields take shape. Hate to be Seeded #12 in Mass. Then again it would be fun just to play against Bowen.

#204 10 years ago

Well I'm seeded #16 in mass so close enough. Its fun playing with Bowen.

-Jim

#205 10 years ago

Kentucky is a wasteland. I guess since all that Pappy Van Winkle bourbon got stolen, nobody wants to go there

#206 10 years ago

Texas has 15 out of 16 confirmed already.

Proud to say that all 15 confirmed are from Texas.
    We are a competitive and tough lot.

Marcus

#207 10 years ago
    Quoted from Zaxxis:

Kentucky is a wasteland. I guess since all that Pappy Van Winkle bourbon got stolen, nobody wants to go there

Some highly ranked players (top 300) still in the unknown category though. Could still be a great tourney.

#208 10 years ago

Just got the email. I am in.

Worth it just to ensure one more person actually from WI plays in WI. Ken you gonna pick me up and dd so i can start drinking early after ian gives a tutorial?

#209 10 years ago

My dd will gladly drive you too! Ironic how your accepting bumped an IL person off the list.

#210 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

My dd will gladly drive you too! Ironic how your accepting bumped an IL person off the list.

No irony there my friend...

Hopefully nobody else signs up so i can play ian in round 1. If i get lucky i think i have a chance. It is a small chance but it will be fun no matter what.

#211 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Some highly ranked players (top 300) still in the unknown category though. Could still be a great tourney.

I already know many of those are going to other states. It will certainly go the "deepest" to get the 16 people.

#212 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Some highly ranked players (top 300)

Crap! I'm not formidable enough! I'm only 302!

#213 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

No irony there my friend...
    Hopefully nobody else signs up so i can play ian in round 1.

Still too many unknowns to be sure. Can definitely pick between 3 or 4 people who you (we) will be facing though.

Poor Jon has to on pins and needles.

#214 10 years ago

I am hoping Jason now picks WI, as i know he is beatable

#215 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I am hoping Jason now picks WI, as i know he is beatable

I'm hoping he comes because he's a nice guy.

Do any directors know if they will announce the games to be used once the 16 are solidified?

#216 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Do any directors know if they will announce the games to be used once the 16 are solidified?

I was hoping that would happen for us, but anything announced for Pinballz, I'll take with a grain of salt for a while..... plus in their specific case, those games are in use in the arcade, those things break down...nothing is a guarantee a month and a half out..

#217 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

I hope they do for WI and also really hoping for some games besides DMD since Toms collection is so diverse. I bowed out of helping with WI SCS so i could be myself and specifically not infer any possible advantage of setting up games to my liking. maybe i should have stayed in just so i could have known games in advance

#218 10 years ago

Question>>> since the first round is 8 2-player matches, do the round 1 losers all end up tied for 9th place?

Round 2 losers tied for 5th?

Round 3 losers tied for 3rd?

#219 10 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

nothing is a guarantee a month and a half out..

34 days

#220 10 years ago

I'm wondering how the invites trickle down? I have a friend that looks to be sitting 7th in KY and he hasn't been contacted yet. I'm a bit lower down on the pole so it would take a few declines before I am hit, but I'm still wondering what the schedule is on sending invites and how long a person has to commit?

#221 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Round 3 losers tied for 3rd?

Round 3 losers go to a playoff to determine 3rd / 4th place. All other rankings are, as you suggest, based off of what round a player is eliminated in.

#222 10 years ago

Sweet, so i can tell everyone i got 9th in state

#223 10 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

I'm wondering how the invites trickle down? I have a friend that looks to be sitting 7th in KY and he hasn't been contacted yet. I'm a bit lower down on the pole so it would take a few declines before I am hit, but I'm still wondering what the schedule is on sending invites and how long a person has to commit?

Some of the State Representatives have been a little slow....

#224 10 years ago
    Quoted from jpolfer:

Round 3 losers go to a playoff to determine 3rd / 4th place. All other rankings are, as you suggest, based off of what round a player is eliminated in.

I like how you side stepped the games question. I imagine if you make it in you will have to tell us the games because you know them?

EDIT: From the IFPA website:

2. Machines Chosen

With each IFPA State Championship being held at a different location, each will have a different set of games available for the tournament. Please check with the IFPA State Representative for details on the game list once the location has been finalized for that particular IFPA State Championship.

Sounds like it would be OK to tell us what games are going to be used.

#225 10 years ago
    Quoted from Zaxxis:

I already know many of those are going to other states. It will certainly go the "deepest" to get the 16 people.

I just got my invite so it does appear that KY is going deeep!

#226 10 years ago
    Quoted from Zaxxis:

Some of the State Representatives have been a little slow....

Tell me about it........

#227 10 years ago

KS invites went out last night, I don't think KS will get below #20.

#228 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

I like how you side stepped the games question. I imagine if you make it in you will have to tell us the games because you know them?
    EDIT: From the IFPA website:
    2. Machines Chosen
    With each IFPA State Championship being held at a different location, each will have a different set of games available for the tournament. Please check with the IFPA State Representative for details on the game list once the location has been finalized for that particular IFPA State Championship.
    Sounds like it would be OK to tell us what games are going to be used.

He might not know at this point since it is TomT's place and may not have access to it yet.

#229 10 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

I just got my invite so it does appear that KY is going deeep!

Wow. Just checked out the IFPA website.
    Kentucky is going deep into the ranks to get 16 who will attend and play in the Ky State Pinball Championship.
    Good news for lower ranked players that may be excited to get an invite to play after first assuming they were ranked too low.

#230 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

He might not know at this point since it is TomT's place and may not have access to it yet.

I think he may have an idea. He told me it was going to be DMD and SS games when I saw him the other day. With a woodrail on the side tourney. I know it's still a ways off but I'm anxious.

#231 10 years ago
    Quoted from Replay:

KS invites went out last night, I don't think KS will get below #20.

It looks like Massachusetts and Oregon are the tightest groups locked in so far. Both with the 22nd ranked falling in the 16th slot.

#232 10 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Bingo!

We may have a rough idea, but no sense in announcing it because it's sort of out of our control. When it gets closer and we get the final word, it'll get announced.

#233 10 years ago

IL looks like a PAPA circuit event!

#234 10 years ago
    Quoted from DugFreez:

It looks like Massachusetts and Oregon are the tightest groups locked in so far. Both with the 22nd ranked falling in the 16th slot.

we're not that far behind in ohio with 23rd as 16th slot

#235 10 years ago

I am going to the one in AZ. Have to drive to Tucson for it to play in new place that opened D and D pinball on feb 8th.

#236 10 years ago

Loads of states will have trouble fielding even 5 participants it seems. Will make for some interesting results.

#237 10 years ago

Loads of States not getting 5 it seems? Which ones Todd?

Here's what I show so far, and I know Casey just shot the invites out for Alabama:

Alabama (0) Arizona (13) California (16) Colorado (16)
    Florida (14) Georgia (16) Illinois (16) Indiana (16)
    Kansas (14) Kentucky (10) Louisiana (13) Maine (12)
    Maryland (13) Massachusetts (16) Michigan (16) Minnesota (16)
    Missouri (16) New Jersey (16) New York (16) North Carolina (16)
    Ohio (16) Oklahoma (10) Oregon (16) Pennsylvania (16)
    Texas (16) Virginia (16) Washington (16) Wisconsin (16)

19 out of 28 have their fields full, and besides Alabama all states have at least 10 participants already.

#238 10 years ago

Seems someone was busy yesterday updating the website while I was having fun playing some pinball, nice.

#239 10 years ago

Wonder how many other states aside from Texas are waiting on Bob Matthews to declare?

#240 10 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

Seems someone was busy yesterday updating the website while I was having fun playing some pinball, nice.

That or your website cache was out of date

#241 10 years ago
    Quoted from Zaxxis:

That or your website cache was out of date

Very likely the case Zaxxis. Seems that there are a few squatters yet to declare statehood that could knock some competitors out of the race.

Where's the PoachMaster General when they are needed?

#242 10 years ago

Any details on the national championship? Top spot from each state in a 16 player tourney similar to SCS?

#243 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

Any details on the national championship? Top spot from each state in a 16 player tourney similar to SCS?

There will be 28 state champions (assuming all 28 are held).

#245 10 years ago
    Quoted from Replay:

There will be 28 state champions (assuming all 28 are held).

Yea, that makes sense. Too much staying indoors in this negative degree weather is making my brain mush.

#246 10 years ago

We're still working out the details of the National Championship format . . . but here's what we do know:

- It's going to be held on Sunday, May 18th at Lyons Classic Pinball

- It will feature up to 28 participants, with either the State Champion or the runner-up being able to take that spot if the State Champion cannot attend

- There will be no entry fee for the players, with $2800 in cash up for grabs for the participants (from the $100 pulled from each state during the SCS)

My goal is to have full rules/details done before the Feb 8th State Championship finals, so players know exactly what to expect should they win their state.

#247 10 years ago

Winter wonderland & great Pinball. I'm in for Michigan.

#248 10 years ago
    Quoted from ifpapinball:

- It's going to be held on Sunday, May 18th at Lyons Classic Pinball
    - It will feature up to 28 participants, with either the State Champion or the runner-up being able to take that spot if the State Champion cannot attend

That is awesome that LCP is hosting!

Will you go down the list till you get a player from each state? Ie if first and second do not attend then will third place get the shot...

#249 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Will you go down the list till you get a player from each state? Ie if first and second do not attend then will third place get the shot...

Only the State Champ or the runner-up are eligible to play in the Nationals.

#250 10 years ago
    Quoted from sleethering:

Only the State Champ or the runner-up are eligible to play in the Nationals.

That is too bad. Hopefully most state winners will attend then. Since all state players are funding the entry fee for the winner or runner up I hope they each can make it to nationals to represent (easy for me to say since I have no chance of making it).
    I would encourage anyone to attend just to visit Lyons Classic Pinball.

There are 643 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-state-champs-club-whos-going/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.