Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 8 years ago

Another tip: Give a thread at least 24 hours. Some folks only visit the forums once a day. "Bumping" a thread after only a few hours can annoy some folks.

Quoted from LTG:

Keep the problem clear. Even if you caused it. So you don't get lots of answers that will vary and not help you fix your game.

Another good point--we don't care if you caused the problem or not. It happens. Plenty of techs will tell you about all the stupid stuff they did when they were learning how to repair games. Sometimes they were expensive lessons. Either way, don't be coy about anything you think you may have done to cause the issue. It may lead to an important clue that will quickly help find where the actual problem is.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

It should be a requirement to read Vid & Clay's guide(s) BEFORE posting a help plea. At least then they would (maybe) have a clue as to what people were talking about when they try to help the noob.
We were all there at one time, but it drives me nuts when you go out of your way to try & help them & they argue about it.

Pinwiki is also a good resource that is constantly being updated and added to.

3 years later
#34 5 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

SILVERBALL MANIA 1980 BALLY
"SILVE" inserts on playfield are not working or lighting at all. However when you Boot game they all flash for a quick second like all the other inserts. I'ved it down to the MPU.
Why MPU: I originally thought the bulbs we're just burnt out like many. After shopping and LEDing it I found problem.
Replaced with a rectifier board that I knew was 100%
Tested Lamp Driver
Repined connectors
When I swapped out the MPU with the MPU out of my Flash Gordon the lights worked.
No visible damage to the current mpu.
Can anyone tell me what components on the mpu I need to check / replace?
I have good continuity to all pins on the mpu board.
Thank you in advance!

You should probably start your own troubleshooting thread in the tech forum. You'll probably get more help there than in this unrelated thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Casper, WY
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Washington Court House, OH
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-properly-ask-for-pinball-repair-help-vids-guide?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.