(Topic ID: 99788)

How many Hobbits will be delivered by January 1st? Take the poll.......

By pindome

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 202 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How many Hobbits will be delivered by January 1st, 2015 as reported by Pinsiders”

• ZERO ish 334 votes
    63%
  • 1 to 10 ish 86 votes
    16%
  • 11 to 50 ish 53 votes
    10%
  • 50 to 100 ish 27 votes
    5%
  • 100 + 27 votes
    5%

(527 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-238.jpg
play.jpg
bubble.gif
images.jpg
PopcornWagon-thumb-400x300.jpg
robt.jpg
cupcake.gif
1338475007001.gif
raiders-1.jpg
image.jpg
images-2.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainnavidad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 9 years ago

I'll let you know on January 2nd.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can virtually assure you that 2016 is the target date for my machine. I was a little late to the dance...

I talked with Jack at length yesterday at the JJP open house. He explained that Hobbit production will begin in December and expects all games will ship in roughly six to eight months. Having toured the JJP facility and talking with Jack, it's lucid clear why there were delays in WOZ production / shipping - it was Jack's first game and he was tackling a number of unforeseen challenges. He needed to fabricate custom rotisseries for the playfields, find reliable vendors, etc. As I'm sure everyone in the pinball community is aware, there simply isn't a cookie cutter model for producing quality pins in a quick and turn-key fashion. I support all new pin manufacturing efforts - from the small boutiques to Stern. The more pins infused in the hobby, the better; production challenges and subsequent delays are an inherent part of the build process. Have any Predators shipped yet? Does anyone know when Stern will begin making the MMRs - originally slated for production in late June? And just as I'm certain the follow-up efforts of Skit-B and PPS will be far easier, I'm rather confident the same may be said about The Hobbit.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Zero.
I think if they were further along, we would have seen a lot more than we have. None will be shipped this year.

C'mon, RobT. While I respect your pinball knowledge and pedigree, how can any Pinsider take anything you have to say about JJP with even a modicum of seriousness when you consistently rip it in every thread I've ever read? Your love affair for Stern is clear, but I think you need to ease off the JJP vitriol a bit. The horse is dead, my man. Please stop beating it.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I stand by my comments. Vitriol? I don't think that word means what you think it means

No - it's you who doesn't know what vitriol means. Definition:

vit·ri·ol/ˈvitrēəl,-ˌôl/
noun
1.cruel and bitter criticism.
2.sulfuric acid.

Read my posts and expand your meager vocabulary, big fella'. I'm a verbal kingdom!

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wait. How can you call me out for saying no Hobbits will be delivered this year when you just said the same thing?

No, I didn't. If production begins in December and JJP is making roughly ten games per day - shipping will begin by the end of the month. Make sense, chief, or do I need to dumb it down even further for you?

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Im a huge wiener kingdom!

Good for you. Maybe you and Ek77 can have a sausage party and bastardize not only the English language but also grammar too.

4 months later
#172 9 years ago
Quoted from NickDanger:

Hey captain, in summary, "Everything you know is wrong".

It's clear there was a delay in production to accommodate late changes in the game design. I don't mind waiting to ensure a better end product. As far as I can tell, you're not getting TH. Why do you care?

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Most of the people that "care" the most aren't actually buying the game. Welcome to Pinside!

Good point. My biggest concern is getting the best pin JJP can produce...and for that, I'll happily wait a little longer.

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Can you take what I said nearly 5 months ago serious now?

Yes – how prescient of you. Spending your days posting in every friggin’ thread imaginable looking for the approbation of strange dudes to offer a “thumbs up” has finally paid off. Atta guy, RobT! Will you mind waiting a few extra months to get your Hobbit? Oh wait, you’re not in on the game; I forgot you just like to whine and pule for no apparent reason.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainnavidad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-hobbits-will-be-delivered-by-january-1st-take-the-poll?tu=captainnavidad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.