(Topic ID: 99788)

How many Hobbits will be delivered by January 1st? Take the poll.......

By pindome

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 202 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Goronic
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How many Hobbits will be delivered by January 1st, 2015 as reported by Pinsiders”

• ZERO ish 334 votes
    63%
  • 1 to 10 ish 86 votes
    16%
  • 11 to 50 ish 53 votes
    10%
  • 50 to 100 ish 27 votes
    5%
  • 100 + 27 votes
    5%

(527 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-238.jpg
play.jpg
bubble.gif
images.jpg
PopcornWagon-thumb-400x300.jpg
robt.jpg
cupcake.gif
1338475007001.gif
raiders-1.jpg
image.jpg
images-2.jpeg

There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I'm sorry, but I see no evidence to suggest JJP can survive in this price range (especially given the lackluster sales on Hobbit to date.)

It's the height of irony how you talk about seeing "no evidence" for something, and then you go on to make a statement about low sales in the very same sentence....with no evidence to support it.

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Ah. no.
JJP is not good for pinball.
He inflated prices to 8k. He can't ship anything in quantity.
He's helping people "accept" 4yr wait times.
Nothing he's done is good for pinball.

Aaaaand there's your agenda.

Competition is healthy. Competition for Stern is one of the best things that could happen to our hobby. Two quality manufacturers of new pins is something we wouldn't have dreamed of five years ago, and now it's reality.

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It's the height of irony how you talk about seeing "no evidence" for something, and then you go on to make a statement about low sales in the very same sentence....with no evidence to support it.

I stated my evidence no matter how circumstantial you may consider it.

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I stated my evidence no matter how circumstantial you may consider it.

Fair enough.

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

8K for STLE? How many people will want TWD LE??
I'm sorry, but I see no evidence to suggest JJP can survive in this price range (especially given the lackluster sales on Hobbit to date.)

OOOO! OOOO! Ova heeyah!

image-238.jpgimage-238.jpg

#156 9 years ago

I voted 11 - 50 I can not believe I think Jack will get out more games then most people.

#157 9 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

I'm sorry, but I see no evidence to suggest JJP can survive in this price range (especially given the lackluster sales on Hobbit to date.

I think the Hobbit will sell like gang busters once it is with distributors and the uncertainty of having your money tied up on pre-order is gone. Just think if, like when Stern announces a game, you could call your distributor and pay up and know that within a month the game will be at your door step - the Hobbit would be the number one game of the year . . . they would sell out 2,000 machines almost instantly in my view.

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think the Hobbit will sell like gang busters once it is with distributors and the uncertainty of having your money tied up on pre-order is gone. Just think if, like when Stern announces a game, you could call your distributor and pay up and know that within a month the game will be at your door step - the Hobbit would be the number one game of the year . . . they would sell out 2,000 machines almost instantly in my view.

Agree, the only concern there is whether or not the LEs will take a backseat to the standards. With the movie coming out I would think anyone selling anything related to it will want to have that product out at the same time the movie is released or as quickly as possible! With the LEs being prepaid will JJP try to rush the standards out the door in order to take advantage of all the hoopla going on with the movie?

Disclaimer: this is just a thought! I have no "friends of friends" or know "anyone within JJP" like others.

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I certainly agree a lot of pinheads would/will want the game. Definitely! But I still think the number of people who can (or will) drop $8,000 on a pinball machine is limited. And given the number of other games coming out in the same price range ... that will continue to put immense pressure on Hobbit sales. If (when?) Stern announces The Walking Dead ... you better believe there will be an 8K version and I suspect that will also be in hot demand (and take the wind out of JJP's sails just before shipping of Hobbit begins). IMO, JJP is in big trouble if they want to survive on 8K games alone.

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just because one game sells for that price doesn't mean they all are. Far from it. Some games are priced lower for a quick sale. Location, the one WOZ I saw under $7k was in Canada, also influences price. Same thing applies to games that are sold where a buyer pays $200-$300 shipping.

Agree- that one was not nearly a real reference point for the market...

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also, I don't see many Hobbit pre-orders popping up on Pinside for sale..

I also don't think this is extremely telling.

Unlike WOZ, I don't think there's nearly the same perceived value of being a TH pre-orderer. For reasons I'd rather not rehash, first to pay/play was debunked with WoZ.... Also the moving-target-delivery-promises may have the all-but-the-very-faithful feeling a bit apprehensive about pre-order.

We've also seen folks get publicly trashed and their motives challenged when trying to sell JJP preorder spots or recently delivered machines...sigh... I can't certainly see how folks would just assume avoid that altogether.

As such, I think folks that have wanted to bail on TH have quietly asked for refunds vs trying to sell their spots here.

So, I think trying to read the "pinside tea leaves" to gauge TH sales numbers is dicey to say the least (in either direction).

If the game is as good as we all hope- and JJP can get them out the door in a reasonable fashion- it'll sell like gang-busters....

2 months later
#161 9 years ago

OK... I've got to jump in on this.

As the original post was how many will be shipped by Jan 1st......

It was interesting reading everybody's responses and how quickly it got off of the topic or interest in the amount of pinball machines will be shipped.

so.... my only comment is:

I hope a lot! I hope there will be many for all of us to play at friends and family...

And most of all. I hope there will be at least ONE for me to play at the pinball expo that I attend every year in March!

(I know I'm just thinking about myself, but I look forward to it... and if it is up to my expectations then I will buy it!)......

Yeah!.... looking forward to the expo in March!

#162 9 years ago

Being that Jack said they start building games mid Dec I have to change my vote to 0 it will be mid to late Jan for first shipment.

#163 9 years ago

revising my original vote to zero....

After 2 years of development he's now asking the internet for ideas to fix it?

ugh....

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

revising my original vote to zero....
After 2 years of development he's now asking the internet for ideas to fix it?
ugh....

That's a good thing. It's awesome that JJP is having such a great attitude about all of the criticism and wants to make changes. In the end people will get a far better game compared to the game in its current state.

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's a good thing. It's awesome that JJP is having such a great attitude about all of the criticism and wants to make changes. In the end people will get a far better game compared to the game in its current state.

We'll see.... but I wasnt saying this was bad or good:

My point was if they are willing to go back to the drawing board, I was simply revising my estimate for machines out the door by Jan 1st....

Having said that, the cynic in my thinks all the comments from Jack were MORE in response to the flood of refunds they are being hit with .

I'm concerned they will reach the tipping point where they can no longer refund deposits.... the nuclear (run-on-bank) option.

I don't think they (or any new company) can withstand an early title being a flop/failure. I hate to say it but TH so far looks like a flop. You cant play a "great theme"....

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

My point was if they are willing to go back to the drawing board, I was simply revising my estimate for machines out the door by Jan 1st....

Noone is going back to the drawing board. Where did you get that from? JJP is finishing up their prototype and production will begin as scheduled.

2 months later
#167 9 years ago
Quoted from pindome:

How many Hobbits will be delivered by January 1st --- 144 days from today.
The movie will be released on December 17th, Jack has said he is contractually obligated to have games shipping by the movie release date.
If I can figure out how to do a poll, it will be based on the number of Pinsiders who chime in on the inevitable thread that will be started on " Who's got their Hobbit"
If I'm not to hung over on January 1st, I'll bring this poll back in 144 days.

You 283 (62%) folks were right, Zero-ish by a mile. I was in the 1 to 10-ish category. I really thought Jack was going to get a few units out for the release of the movie but that was almost half a year ago. A lot of sh!t has hit the fan since then, namely Expo.

Glad to see the ship has been righted, just hope we aren't back on the Yellow Brick Road for deliveries.

#168 9 years ago

Yes. I think JJP has decided to have a quality pin over a December release. I thank them for it

#169 9 years ago

Just voted for zeroish lol

Whatever, they coming soon new and improved

#170 9 years ago

Unsure what I voted four months ago... probably 1-10.

Is there a way to display your own vote on a poll, BTW?

#171 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

No, I didn't. If production begins in December and JJP is making roughly ten games per day - shipping will begin by the end of the month. Make sense, chief, or do I need to dumb it down even further for you?

Hey captain, in summary, "Everything you know is wrong".

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from NickDanger:

Hey captain, in summary, "Everything you know is wrong".

It's clear there was a delay in production to accommodate late changes in the game design. I don't mind waiting to ensure a better end product. As far as I can tell, you're not getting TH. Why do you care?

#173 9 years ago

It's clear there was a delay in production to accommodate late changes in the game design. I don't mind waiting to ensure a better end product. As far as I can tell, you're not getting TH. Why do you care?

Most of the people that "care" the most aren't actually buying the game. Welcome to Pinside!

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Most of the people that "care" the most aren't actually buying the game. Welcome to Pinside!

Good point. My biggest concern is getting the best pin JJP can produce...and for that, I'll happily wait a little longer.

#175 9 years ago

My biggest concern is getting the best pin JJP can produce...and for that, I'll happily wait a little longer

THIS* Yes

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#176 9 years ago

Didn't Jack say that "we're under contract to have the game out when the movie premiers" ?

How did he break that contract?

Or was there never a contract in the first place?

#177 9 years ago

I think that was the goal, but not contractual.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Zero.
I think if they were further along, we would have seen a lot more than we have. None will be shipped this year.

C'mon, RobT. While I respect your pinball knowledge and pedigree, how can any Pinsider take anything you have to say about JJP with even a modicum of seriousness when you consistently rip it in every thread I've ever read? Your love affair for Stern is clear, but I think you need to ease off the JJP vitriol a bit. The horse is dead, my man. Please stop beating it.

Can you take what I said nearly 5 months ago serious now?

#179 9 years ago

Don't forget when all the fanboys of the game were falling over themselves, saying how sales would be through the roof because all of the movie theaters would be purchasing the game in order to make money off of the movie.

I voted for 0 when the poll was up 4 months ago. JJP is still too new of a company to have all the kinks worked out. People forget that it took Henry Ford a while before he mastered the manufacturing process.

I'm not a fan of WOZ, but I'm a fan of Jack. His entering the market has only benefitted all of us with better machines. Would Star Trek LE/Premium be the way the way it is if Stern were the only game in town?

For full disclosure, I'm neither a fan nor hater of the Hobbit machine. Until I play it, I will have pretty much no opinion on the game. Although, I'm probably only one of 5 people who liked the original playfield art.

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Didn't Jack say that "we're under contract to have the game out when the movie premiers" ?

I with Vid,
I'm sure I remember this being stated by Jack, not a 100% but 99.9% sure.

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Don't forget when all the fanboys of the game were falling over themselves, saying how sales would be through the roof because all of the movie theaters would be purchasing the game in order to make money off of the movie.
I voted for 0 when the poll was up 4 months ago. JJP is still too new of a company to have all the kinks worked out. People forget that it took Henry Ford a while before he mastered the manufacturing process.
I'm not a fan of WOZ, but I'm a fan of Jack. His entering the market has only benefitted all of us with better machines. Would Star Trek LE/Premium be the way the way it is if Stern were the only game in town?
For full disclosure, I'm neither a fan nor hater of the Hobbit machine. Until I play it, I will have pretty much no opinion on the game. Although, I'm probably only one of 5 people who liked the original playfield art.

Yes! Jack is Great for pinball! Starting a business is one of the hardest thing you'll ever do in life, I know. There's going to be growing pains, his are just very public because of the pre ordering of pins & missing deadlines.

#182 9 years ago

Based on historic dead line success, and current events of the playfield redesign and your talk with Jack, that you can come to this conclusion. Did Jack do some of that Fancy talking?
Then you offer to "dumb it down". That is some funny stuff.

As far as I can tell your not getting TH either for some time. So we are even on that.
And please leave the detective work to me. I will be playing it months before you see yours.

Nick Danger
Third eye

#183 9 years ago

100% chance of zero games being delivered to actual customers.
Probably the same for February
50/50 for a late March delivery....

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Can you take what I said nearly 5 months ago serious now?

Yes – how prescient of you. Spending your days posting in every friggin’ thread imaginable looking for the approbation of strange dudes to offer a “thumbs up” has finally paid off. Atta guy, RobT! Will you mind waiting a few extra months to get your Hobbit? Oh wait, you’re not in on the game; I forgot you just like to whine and pule for no apparent reason.

#185 9 years ago

Yes – how prescient of you. Spending your days posting in every friggin’ thread imaginable looking for the approbation of strange dudes to offer a “thumbs up” has finally paid off. Atta guy, RobT! Will you mind waiting a few extra months to get your Hobbit? Oh wait, you’re not in on the game; I forgot you just like to whine and pule for no apparent reason.

You forgot to add your disclaimer of "I don't care for you one iota".

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

My guess is that Jack was taking so much heat over WOZ being delayed, to ease concern about Hobbit delays he used this as a sales technique.

Those that preorder Hobbit will get their games on schedule because of the quote-unquote contract with Warner Brothers.

The game looks really nice and if he needs more time to make it even better, I won't complain about an improved Hobbit. I don't really care when it ships just along as it doesn't turn into a TBL fiasco.

4 months later
#187 8 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

+100
nuff said?
ck

I was looking at some old posts I made and found this bonehead statement.

This is a joke. I'll never preorder another game from anyone. What a load of shit this whole experience has become. I'm sure the game will be a fun game to play, be very good quality but to completely miss the mark twice on when the game would be built is a fukin joke.

As George Bush would say...

Fool me once, shame on... shame on you.... ya fool I can't get fooled again! I feel about as dumb as W after this blunder.

#188 8 years ago
Quoted from joemamma:

I feel about as dumb as W after this blunder.

Im pretty sure he is much smarter than you, just a hunch.

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im pretty sure he is much smarter than you, just a hunch.

That's even funnier than the bush blunders!

You're a funny guy!! You should do stand up!

Ck

#190 8 years ago

very interesting…a guy from texas dissing bush and a guy from wisconsin defending him! lol

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from yoshootme:

very interesting…a guy from texas dissing bush and a guy from wisconsin defending him! lol

Im Self Employed. Nuff said!

#192 8 years ago

Pay the winner for this poll already....

Next up:
How many will ship by July 1st?

#193 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

2016?

#194 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I am going to say zero, and be happy to be wrong.

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am going to say zero, and be happy to be wrong.

I'm actually going to go super-optimistic and say 12....

#196 8 years ago

I wanted to vote zeroish but was unsure if you meant 2015 or 2016 Jan 01.

Please clarify so that I can leave my opinion on this.

Thanks in advance

#197 8 years ago

My glas bowl says ... if we are back from our summervacation end of August, the first machines will be delivered. As I know, the last WOZ´s are build this days and the assembling line will change.
After our summer leave all money is spent, a great time to come around with TH

1 month later
#198 8 years ago

Dang, remember this thread!?

I wonder how many will be delivered by January 1st 2016???

#199 8 years ago

The game would have been out by now had none of the changes after Expo occurred. If the game went out as it was presented at Expo I'm certain that sales would have been very poor. Thankfully JJP took feedback from the pinball community and has done a complete 180 with the game. Sure its caused a big delay but in the end customers will have a far better game then what was originally shown at Expo and JJP will see better sales numbers due to the changes.

#200 8 years ago

lol yes I remember

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
There are 202 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-many-hobbits-will-be-delivered-by-january-1st-take-the-poll/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.