Screenshot_20190311-095309_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 11.25.07 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 10.35.41 AM (resized).png
IMG_1311 (resized).jpeg
85E6A7CD-D335-4EB0-8B75-97AC42B11A42 (resized).jpeg
9D8B07FD-6C92-4069-B11E-C4BBFAE08FDD (resized).jpeg
IMG_0962 (resized).jpeg
0322AA6F-0633-4FC2-9D56-1C43BBA10D47 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#715 5 years ago

Played Beatles for the first time last night and I must say I’m stunned that Stern/Kapow can sleep at night, after charging Charlatan prices for the Beatle/witch table. There is nothing to it? It’s the emporers new clothes syndrome all over again. Can’t everyone see that there is virtually nothing to this table? Boredom sets in after a dozen plays literally, in the way of game play.

The video clips of the Beatles are a joke. I saw on screen what I think was Paul, since the film lighting was so bad, you could hardly make out it was him. However the pop up graphics Stern created are nice.

Why would anyone pay an outrageous amount of money for this table ($8k)??? It honestly shouldn’t be sold for more than $3k to $3.5k, maybe $4k allowing for high license fees. The second hand market is not going to be kind to those that purchased this table.

After saying all that, in very small doses it is fun to play - occasionally. With only seconds played of each of the nine songs, they begin to grate on ones nerves, after hearing the same 40 seconds for the tenth time. And I’m a huge fan of those songs. The one caveat is the sound system Stern put on the table is its best feature. Maybe using the sound brower and adding full songs if possible, might help things out, but understand even if you do that, you’ll still only hear the programmed 40 to 60 or so seconds of a song.

So unfortunate that Stern/Kapow really blew this license, under the suspicious name of licensing fees. Honestly, the Beatles license the craziest, cheapest and simplist items, that it’s hard to believe it cost that much for licensing. Plain and simple, this was a blatant cash grab by Stern/Kapow. From this point forward, I will look sideways at anything Kapow has to do with Stern. Stern should not tarnish their reputation with this type of partnership. It’s not like Batman 66 that uses first class video clips and IP integration from the original show in abundance. That is a good example of how the Beatles table should have been done.

1 week later
#797 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I didn't. I just said in my post above that the Beatles theme has not translated to increased (or even normal) Stern pin earnings at this location. Obviously that is not good for the operator who paid a premium price to bring the game in.

I wasn't trying to say that it was proof of anything or that Beatles is a terrible game. There was just a lot of guessing, opinions and pure speculation in this thread, so I thought I would add the only bit of facts on Beatles that I could to the conversation. It's a small piece of the big picture, that's all. People can obviously do with that information what they will.

Thanks for sharing! Very interesting indeed and don’t be concerned about those that suggest otherwise.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
BomberMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods

10,282 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods

Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Thunderbird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-bad-are-beatles-sales-so-far?tu=Thunderbird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.