Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Eclip (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
803C4825-C2D6-4C78-BAC0-CE085E7DDD9F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Haven’t yet. So there is a fuse that directly for the flipper? I did recently lose a piece of Freddy claw other day and might have fell in somewhere messing something up. How can I locate the exact fuse. Sorry if I sound ignorant but new to this stuff

There's one fuse per coil. You'll need to check the manual or fuse labels to see what fuse goes to what coil). Though if you can find any blown fuses at all they'll need replacing!

Quoted from mrm_4:then you may want to check the transistor on the board

System 3 uses a relay to control the flippers, no transistor involved.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

So would that be easier to replace if needed?

The relay usually doesn't need replacing. At worst it might need a light filing or adjustment to the contacts, but that's rare, probably not the issue.

Quoted from Newbie979:See if I can understand it later today

There definitely should be a big table of fuses somewhere in there. The bigger issue will be locating the fuse in the machine once you know which number it is

#23 6 years ago

Run a wire between the outer two lugs/sides of that switch stack and see if the flipper starts working.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Ok so waiting on a left flipper switch to come in to see if that’s my dead flipper problem I incounter another problem. My auto plunger not shooting the balls strong. Shoots it and it barely reaches playfield. Anybody know what I can do to fix this? Sometimes it’s shoots decent sometimes bad. Also I notice when I do a matrix switch test my trough switch is displayed on it. Does that mean it’s a bad switch and needs replacement? Any he;p would be appreciated thanks in advance!!

Switch test just shows what switches are closed. If there's a ball on the switch it'll register as closed

Shooter inconsistency is usually just play in the mech. Does it seem to have much wiggle side to side or anything? Is the ball resting against it well?

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Has a bit of a wiggle but can’t find anywhere on the mech to tighten. No screws or anything to get it snug

I'm not sure which style mech it is, but some have plastic bushings that can wear. Can't hurt to replace the sleeve on the coil either

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

This is one it has. And what is the sleeve?

There's a coil on the bottom side that moves the kickers. Inside the coil is a little plastic tube, the sleeve. They get dirty over time which causes sluggish and unreliable motion, so whenever you're having a mechanical problem with a mechanism the first thing to do is disassemble it and replace the sleeve with a new clean one.

Does the shooter rod brush the kicker at all if you rotate it?

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Yes it is moves it side to side when I turn the rod

See if the shooter strength depends on what way the rod is moved? It could just be brushing the rod and losing momentum.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Think I found it. How would I go about fixing it? Anybody know what parts I would need ?

Just order yourself a full rebuild kit. If the flippers are old enough that they're breaking like that, then both definitely need it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

5,400 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-left-flipper-dead?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.