Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Eclip (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
803C4825-C2D6-4C78-BAC0-CE085E7DDD9F (resized).jpeg

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 years ago

Wait... Can you post a pic showing both the left and right flipper coils at the same time?

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

I would try cleaning the contacts and check how it's adjusted compared with the right flipper before replacing. maybe go into test mode and see if it registers during a switch test by manually moving the flipper all the way up and letting it go.

The plastic piece is broke so the assembly can’t come out. Gonna have to replace for sure

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Wait... Can you post a pic showing both the left and right flipper coils at the same time?

Here

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

The plastic piece is broke so the assembly can’t come out. Gonna have to replace for sure

Ok that's what I thought I was seeing! Sweet so it looks like we found it!

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Think I found it. How would I go about fixing it? Anybody know what parts I would need ?

Just order yourself a full rebuild kit. If the flippers are old enough that they're breaking like that, then both definitely need it

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Think I found it. How would I go about fixing it? Anybody know what parts I would need ?

You needed to do what I said in post 26. The jumper wire would have shown you have more of a problem than just the missing contact.

To answer your latest questions {How would I go about fixing it? Anybody know what parts I would need ?}: You fix by replacing every broken part on the flipper assembly. As far as what you need: You need every part that's broken.

Someone else mentioned it best: Buy a flipper rebuild kit. In fact, buy a flipper rebuild kit for each flipper assembly as the other(s) will soon fail as well. Moving parts break on pinball machines. Just like motor vehicles.

If you need help with how to do, there are "Clay's guides" and his pinball ninja site as well as the Pinwiki site and hundreds of threads on pinside. Search for them.

Or, as I already suggested, as a local pinhead to come over and show you how. You will learn so much by watching them.

#58 6 years ago

Just ordered it. Having trouble removing the broken plastic piece off. Any idea how I can do that?

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

Just ordered it. Having trouble removing the broken plastic piece off. Any idea how I can do that?

Look at the manual in the game (buy it if you don't have it) for an exploded view of all of the parts in the flipper assembly. Use logic and mechanical deduction & sense to disassemble everything.

Or, as I said above; If you need help with how to do, there are "Clay's guides" and his pinball ninja site as well as the Pinwiki site and hundreds of threads on pinside. Search for them. Google is your friend.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Newbie979:

There is a small clip snapped onto the shaft. Put a screwdriver between the clip and the shaft and apply pressure to the clip, pushing away from the shaft.
Pinballlife has replacement clips. The flipper rebuild kits probably include them.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3338

Eclip (resized).pngEclip (resized).png

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

There is a small clip snapped onto the shaft. Put a screwdriver between the clip and the shaft and apply pressure to the clip, pushing away from the shaft.
Pinballlife has replacement clips. The flipper rebuild kits probably include them.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3338

Thank you so much. Ordered my kit for both flippers yesterday. Hopefully I won’t have to much trouble getting them together when they come in.

#62 6 years ago

You'll be a master tech before you know it man!

#63 6 years ago

Ok. While I’m waiting for my left flipper rebuild kit to come in I’m trying to go thru everything and fix anything wrong with machine. Big or small. Besides the boiler door working when it wants to which is giving me Headache. Help?
Also I did a Lamp test and noticed the the bulbs under my 2 bumpers by the flippers and in my ball launch lane weren’t working. So I changed the bulbs and stil won’t light up. Any ideas? Thanks in advanc

#64 6 years ago

Could be a bad bulb socket or a broken wire. If you have a multi-meter, check for power at the socket. If you get none, check for power at a working socket to see what it should be. Raise the playfield and see what color wires are going to the non-working sockets. Then look in your manual to see what else is connected to those wires and test for continuity between a working socket on that wire and the non-working one.

#65 6 years ago

Ok good news flipper is up and running but as soon as I think I got the game running 100% something else goes wrong. My upkicker when I get multiball does shoot the ball out all the way. Sometimes takes like 3 tries just to get it on playfield. Don’t know what is going on. Any ideas. Thanks in advance

#66 6 years ago

Could be the mechanism loose or broken, coil sleeve needs to be replaced, coil going bad, loose wireform interfering with the ball as it's kicked up.

If you can read the number on the coil wrapper you can check https://www.flippers.com/coil-resistance.html and compare the correct resistance to what you measure. If yours is higher by more than 15% or so I'd replace the coil. Often they just need a new sleeve. Could also be the wrong coil, be sure to compare to what your manual says should be there.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Could be the mechanism loose or broken, coil sleeve needs to be replaced, coil going bad, loose wireform interfering with the ball as it's kicked up.
If you can read the number on the coil wrapper you can check https://www.flippers.com/coil-resistance.html and compare the correct
resistance to what you measure. If yours is higher by more than 15% or so I'd replace the coil. Often they just need a new sleeve. Could also be the wrong coil, be sure to compare to what your manual says should be there.

Ok so fixed it it was hitting the plunger so just bent the mechanism a lil. Recently playing my Freddy pinball and noticed the top right flipper sometimes doesn’t move when I press the right flipper button. Just started doing that today. It’s not often but enough that I want fixed. Any help?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-left-flipper-dead/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.